Obama orders hospitals to grant same-sex couples visitation rights

It is a shame that the federal govt has to step in to guarantee persons basic human rights when dealing with corporations and religious entities.

this had to be done with racism, etc
And I expect will continue to have to be done on other things in the future.

Other than in the Emergency room where policy is one person at a time, I have never had a problem visiting anyone in the hospital to include ICU.

I don't believe anyone should be told that a friend or partner cannot visit them.

I do believe that Obama does not or shouldn't have the power to order this though.

if the hospitals take government money then the gov gets to dictates their policie where it sees fit. they can always operate idependently.

So?

I'm currently unemployed and taking unemployment insurance. Does that give Obama the right to tell me the kind of TP I can use to wipe my butt?

You probably drive on public roads, meaning you get public assistance... does that give Obama the right to tell you what kind of TP you can use to wipe yours?

Immie

analogy fail. I helped pay for those roads with taxes and you helped pay for your unemployment insurance when you used to work.

Really? I don't suppose hospitals pay taxes either?

Immie

Other than in the Emergency room where policy is one person at a time, I have never had a problem visiting anyone in the hospital to include ICU.

I don't believe anyone should be told that a friend or partner cannot visit them.

I do believe that Obama does not or shouldn't have the power to order this though.

Exactly how I feel.

Immie

This actually helps the hospitals as the visitation issue was probably in part an insurance issue, i.e. who can have access. This eliminates that issue.

what in the hell does visitation have to do with insurance? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

So?

I'm currently unemployed and taking unemployment insurance. Does that give Obama the right to tell me the kind of TP I can use to wipe my butt?

You probably drive on public roads, meaning you get public assistance... does that give Obama the right to tell you what kind of TP you can use to wipe yours?

Immie

analogy fail. I helped pay for those roads with taxes and you helped pay for your unemployment insurance when you used to work.

Immie

We used to have non profit community hospitals. Not sure if they still exist or not though.

Immie

We used to have non profit community hospitals. Not sure if they still exist or not though.

Non-profit? :D

When was the last time you got a hospital bill... don't tell me they are "non-profit". ;)

Immie

It is a shame that the federal govt has to step in to guarantee persons basic human rights when dealing with corporations and religious entities.

There is no 'right' to hospital visitation

Typical left winger misusing the term 'right'

This actually helps the hospitals as the visitation issue was probably in part an insurance issue, i.e. who can have access. This eliminates that issue.

what in the hell does visitation have to do with insurance? that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Hospitals are liable for whom they let into see patients.

If your were in ICU would you want an ex spouse or bill collector coming in to see you?
some hospitals let the patient say who to allow in some patients are not able to make that decision for themselves. Hospitals have an obligation to guard the helpless patients in their care from many things.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Although, I am not opposed to hospitals allowing same sex couples visitation rights, this is just one more attempt of politicians to enforce compliance of political correctness.

Obama has no right to demand this... once again he is overstepping his bounds.

Immie

Bingo.... over-dramatic showboating... nothing more... but that's what Obama knows best

its only for hosps that receive gov funds

Still is not his place to make that demand.... and it is still grandstanding for show

There is no 'right' to hospital visitation

Typical left winger misusing the term 'right'

If you are dying you have no right to see the ones you love one last time?
Darned preachers sure come around while you are dying there.

Hospitals tend to be a bit arrogant.
I once had one tell me I could not leave. My admitting DR had literally dissappeared for 3 days and they said he had to check me out.
I told them to hide and watch if they thought I could not leave or have me arrested. They even took my street clothes. So I called the cops on them for theft.
They managed to get the paperwork together somehow.

Last edited:

Hospitals are liable for whom they let into see patients.

If your were in ICU would you want an ex spouse or bill collector coming in to see you?
some hospitals let the patient say who to allow in some patients are not able to make that decision for themselves. Hospitals have an obligation to guard the helpless patients in their care from many things.

hey! obie wan ass kisser,, all you have to do is tell the staff you don't want to see your ex wife,, and she won't get in,, it is unlawful for bill collecter to stalk you in icu.. try again,, it has fuck to do with insurance.

Although, I am not opposed to hospitals allowing same sex couples visitation rights, this is just one more attempt of politicians to enforce compliance of political correctness.

Immie

The hospitals are forced to care for homosexuals.

Why not let people visit them?

Immie

Um, that is what I was saying.

I just don't think Obama should mandate it.

Immie

Immie

who do you think visits them? if not people?

"Hi. I'm Chris. I'm here to visit my life partner, Terry."

Next day.

"Hi. "I'm Tracy. I'm here to visit my life partner, Terry."

Third day.

"I'm Terry's lawyer. I'm serving you with papers for allowing Tracy and Chris access to Terry."

Day four.

"Hi, I'm Tim, Terry's pimp. I'm here to collect money..."

Forum List

Back