Obama May Lure Youth Vote through Pot Legalization

i dont think this topic is as big as Obama seems to think

I also dont think the people who care about marijuana legalization are the motivated voters. They may say they will vote, but my guess is they wont show up

Reminds me of the medical marijuana Simpsons episode where Homer became an outspoken proponent of medical marijuana and encouraged voters to get out and vote against the proposition which would have made it illegal... until he realized that the vote was the day before that. Haha.

Don't forget about Family Guy!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjAflu2aWO4&feature=related]bag of weed song - YouTube[/ame]​

This is a battle we dont need to have right now. We have far more pressing issues on our plate no matter which side of this you're on.
The issue of marijuana prohibition is a great deal more significant than you might think. The issue isn't confined only to adult access to this benign tranquilizer but the effect its prohibition has on the economy.

Consider the cost of arrests (one every fifteen seconds), prosecutions, imprisonment Nearly One In Eight US Drug Prisoners Are Behind Bars For Pot -- Taxpayers Spending Over $1 Billion Annually To Incarcerate Pot Offenders, and the millions of futures which are ruined by "criminal" records for simple possession. Add to those substantial costs the loss of potential tax revenues and it adds up to a very good reason to consider legalizing this relatively benign substance.

Can stoners not live life without? Is it really THAT important, MAN. I just cant stand stoners, annoying as all hell. Can ya read me the list of uses for hemp again?
I consider anyone who thinks of everyone who enjoys marijuana as a "stoner" to be an ignorant moron. And I just can't stand morons. They are the reason for all of this Nation's problems.

Thinking of everyone who occasionally enjoys marijuana as a "stoner" is comparable to thinking of everyone who enjoys a few beers now and then as a drunk. It is plainly stupid.

I do find it odd that any president would even consider getting youth votes by encouraging drug use. This is a first.

I doubt those teens will be thrilled over medical pot.
Rhode Island just decriminalized marijuana. The time has come for government to stop wasting resources and ruining lives with the irrational prohibition of a relatively harmless, naturally occurring tranquilizer.

Candidate Barack Obama artfully conveyed the impression that he was enlightened on the marijuana issue. Then shortly after being elected he contemptuously dismissed the issue, refusing to even discuss it, and proceeded to ignore one of this Nation's most seriously damaging problems -- the War on Drugs. That fact, alone, is going to cost him millions of potential votes.

While I dread the prospect of a Romney presidency I understand how Obama's deceitful nature is likely to cost him the election. He can't be trusted.

Bull--shit you know there have been more prosecutions in California regarding medical marijuana under Obama's watch--in 3-1/2 years than under G.W. Bush in 8 years. That's a fact.

What you want is a President that is HONEST about his feelings--and RESPECTS the rights of states to pass their own regulations regarding medical marijuana. Bush at least respects the 10th amendment to the U.S. Constitution regarding states rights--Obama just talked the talk to get your vote--and then sent the DEA into California.
Is reading comprehension your only deficiency?

Oregon is going to vote on legalizing pot this November..and what on earth it would mean if it became legal..

Its' our No. 1 cash crop, I imagine.

I had alot of friends that were stoners, and hell they were fun, but it's a young man's game. How do serious adults still smoke pot. Do you still get the giggles?
Smoking is not the only way to enjoy marijuana, nor is it the best way. And getting "stoned" should not be the objective of using marijuana. The problem is the oppressive laws have suppressed education in its proper and most beneficial use and the excessive cost has made smoking it the only practical way to use it.

If marijuana were legal smoking it would soon become passè and the benefits of proper usage would become commonplace. One major benefit of legal marijuana is its benign biological effects would become a popular substitute for beverage alcohol.

I had alot of friends that were stoners, and hell they were fun, but it's a young man's game. How do serious adults still smoke pot. Do you still get the giggles?
Smoking is not the only way to enjoy marijuana, nor is it the best way. And getting "stoned" should not be the objective of using marijuana. The problem is the oppressive laws have suppressed education in its proper and most beneficial use and the excessive cost has made smoking it the only practical way to use it.

If marijuana were legal smoking it would soon become passè and the benefits of proper usage would become commonplace. One major benefit of legal marijuana is its benign biological effects would become a popular substitute for beverage alcohol.

I stopped getting high over 20 years ago, but when I did, getting stoned WAS the goal. "I make no excuses for all the things I uses, to sweeten my relationships and brighten up my day..."

Youth vote? You sure about that?

us-adult-use-ever-ages1.jpg

I stopped getting high over 20 years ago, but when I did, getting stoned WAS the goal.
That's kinda like saying getting drunk is the goal of drinking. It excludes the comparatively common practice of social drinking, the objective of which is minor mood alteration with no negative potential.

I've always found getting stoned to be somewhat disabling, thus counterproductive.

Last edited:
I don't care about saving you from you.

I care about saving me from you.

And I care about the same thing. So let's legalize pot.

I'd vote no on that. I watched the acceptance of drugs fuel a societal shift away from personal accountability.

See, I don't think it was the acceptance of drugs that led to that..I think it's the acceptance of promiscuity.

We've always been tolerant of drinking and drug use. The whole illegal drug/illegal drinking/drinking age thing is a REALLY new trend in our society.

I stopped getting high over 20 years ago, but when I did, getting stoned WAS the goal.
That's kinda like saying getting drunk is the goal of drinking. It excludes the comparatively common practice of social drinking, the objective of which is minor mood alteration with no negative potential.

I've always found getting stoned to be somewhat disabling, thus counterproductive.

There really isn't much of a comparison WRT getting drunk or getting stoned. Most smokers I was around would pass around a joint or smoke a couple bowls and be good. If you smoke too much, you just get tired. On the other hand, if you drink too much, you get sick and puke all over everything and have a massive headache. I guess my definition of getting stoned is more akin to your social drinking. Just wanted to lighten my mood or change my outlook, not become a stumbling idiot.

American Jihad is blowing smoke. Obama has lost the youth vote after doing the same thing, blowing smoke to the youths of America. After more than three years the highest unemployed are the youth of America between the ages of 19 to 28. They know it and no matter how desperate Obama gets, he's lost the majority of their vote.

Question: If Obama just happens to win the coming election. Who will he blame for the mess he inherits?

There really isn't much of a comparison WRT getting drunk or getting stoned. Most smokers I was around would pass around a joint or smoke a couple bowls and be good. If you smoke too much, you just get tired. On the other hand, if you drink too much, you get sick and puke all over everything and have a massive headache. I guess my definition of getting stoned is more akin to your social drinking. Just wanted to lighten my mood or change my outlook, not become a stumbling idiot.

The Miami cannibal's toxicology and actions tell a different story.

Yes, because everyone who smokes pot will become a crazed zombie cannibal...

1) This guy doubtlessly had some serious mental issues not having anything to do with marijuana or other drugs.
2) THC is stored in the body's fat cells and may show up in drug screens for weeks after use.
3) Some drugs don't show up on drug screens, or my leave the body after a very short period.

Yes, because everyone who smokes pot will become a crazed zombie cannibal...

1) This guy doubtlessly had some serious mental issues not having anything to do with marijuana or other drugs.
2) THC is stored in the body's fat cells and may show up in drug screens for weeks after use.
3) Some drugs don't show up on drug screens, or my leave the body after a very short period.

No but then again not every pot smoker is a lamb either.

i dont think this topic is as big as Obama seems to think

I also dont think the people who care about marijuana legalization are the motivated voters. They may say they will vote, but my guess is they wont show up

Why on earth would you think that Obama thinks this issue is "big"?

The OP has no basis in fact. Obama has been far worse than Bush, when it comes to prosecuting medical marijuana.

Forum List

Back