Obama May Lure Youth Vote through Pot Legalization

Hmm: Obama May Lure Youth Vote through Pot Legalization

6/14/12 By Kate Hicks

With President Obama's approval rankings taking a dip, and his head-to-head matchups with Mitt Romney looking awfully close, it may be time for him to break out another secret weapon: pot legalization. So says speculation, at least, drawing comparisons to the Bush campaign's 2004 effort to put gay marriage bans on ballots as a way of motivating the right. Several states will have weed legalization measures on their ballots this fall, and the Democrats are hoping this will energize the youth.

This year there's another incumbent president with modest approval ratings who could turn out his base with controversial ballot measures. ... In 2012, voters in swing states will decide whether they'll allow their fellow citizens to bear joints. Unlike the gay marriage votes, there's no indication that Obama's re-election team is behind any of the pot legalization initiatives, but there are Democrats who are hoping that it will boost turnout among weed's biggest fans: young people.

Getting more young people to vote has long been a Democratic fantasy, since they tend to vote so heavily Democratic. But past attempts to bong the vote have been disappointing, in part because stoners aren't the group anyone would most count on to bother filling out a ballot.

---

Hmm: Obama May Lure Youth Vote through Pot Legalization - Kate Hicks

alot of us old heads like to smoke pot also.and we don't have to take a piss test to get our monies.

We can tell your stoned now, just look @ yo-self...:smoke:

Youth vote? What about all those Baby Boomers who have made living in the past.....

.....The PRESENT!!!!!!!!!

"Some teenagers and young adults in our modern era do get involved in political and social issues. Some groups are actively involved in protesting against the war in Iraq. Others work to combat world hunger or the unfair treatment of animals, but these groups are mostly a minority. It is common to watch on the news celebrities taking part in protests against the unfair treatment of animals or against the destruction of natural resources.

Nevertheless, the interest and the methods to protest and to work to solve the issues that concern them are a result of the youth movement from the 1960s."

e00570d17a1fe3dcad7dabff3ebAbbie-Hoffman-232x300.jpg

Heck, perhaps a food stamps debit card can be used to purchase weed.......that must be a "right" found in the constitution somewhere

July 17, 2012

Portugal; All Drugs

"On July 1st, 2001, Portugal decriminalized every imaginable drug, from marijuana, to cocaine, to heroin. Some thought Lisbon would become a drug tourist haven, others predicted usage rates among youths to surge.

Eleven years later, it turns out they were both wrong."

:eusa_whistle:

Heck, perhaps a food stamps debit card can be used to purchase weed.......that must be a "right" found in the constitution somewhere

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0xHCkOnn-A]Hemp for Victory - Entire Film - US Government asks farmers to grow it - YouTube[/ame]​

There is nothing Obama won't do to buy a vote. This has been his job from the very beginning. Community organizers in Chicago have only one goal to buy votes for the democratic party. It is what he knows and he is good at it. Pot is just one of the things he will do to get re-elected.

His hypocracy on the fascist federal Marijuana laws were evident immediately. However, Mittens would be just as bad if not worse.

Youth vote? What about all those Baby Boomers who have made living in the past their lives' work?

I thought Obama stated a while ago that he wouldn't even bother addressing the middle class. So far, he has kept his word.

I'm not worried about him attemtping to push pot legislation. Even if that happens, I can't imagine many pot heads going out to vote.
Hell....we managed to throw Nixon's ass outta-office!!!

(.....And, "conservatives" are STILL tryin' to recover, from that!!)

:eusa_boohoo:

I do find it odd that any president would even consider getting youth votes by encouraging drug use. This is a first.

I doubt those teens will be thrilled over medical pot.

I always thought liberals hated smoking...oh yeah just the stuff that wont make you high, I guess that's what they need to make it through the day. Explains the drug use in very liberal cities.

Not this one. I want to smoke a legal Havana. Normalize relations with Cuba just for the cigars.

I do find it odd that any president would even consider getting youth votes by encouraging drug use. This is a first.

I always thought liberals hated smoking...oh yeah just the stuff that wont make you high, I guess that's what they need to make it through the day. Explains the drug use in very liberal cities.
When you're old-enough to leave your backyard (by yourself), you let us know, O.K.?

handjob.gif

i dont think this topic is as big as Obama seems to think

I also dont think the people who care about marijuana legalization are the motivated voters. They may say they will vote, but my guess is they wont show up

Rhode Island just decriminalized marijuana. The time has come for government to stop wasting resources and ruining lives with the irrational prohibition of a relatively harmless, naturally occurring tranquilizer.

Candidate Barack Obama artfully conveyed the impression that he was enlightened on the marijuana issue. Then shortly after being elected he contemptuously dismissed the issue, refusing to even discuss it, and proceeded to ignore one of this Nation's most seriously damaging problems -- the War on Drugs. That fact, alone, is going to cost him millions of potential votes.

While I dread the prospect of a Romney presidency I understand how Obama's deceitful nature is likely to cost him the election. He can't be trusted.

Can stoners not live life without? Is it really THAT important, MAN. I just cant stand stoners, annoying as all hell. Can ya read me the list of uses for hemp again?

Maybe YOU should be trying to sharpen your reading-skills, over Summer Vacation, Skippy.

Your time is running-out......

Rhode Island just decriminalized marijuana. The time has come for government to stop wasting resources and ruining lives with the irrational prohibition of a relatively harmless, naturally occurring tranquilizer.

Candidate Barack Obama artfully conveyed the impression that he was enlightened on the marijuana issue. Then shortly after being elected he contemptuously dismissed the issue, refusing to even discuss it, and proceeded to ignore one of this Nation's most seriously damaging problems -- the War on Drugs. That fact, alone, is going to cost him millions of potential votes.

While I dread the prospect of a Romney presidency I understand how Obama's deceitful nature is likely to cost him the election. He can't be trusted.

Can stoners not live life without? Is it really THAT important, MAN. I just cant stand stoners, annoying as all hell. Can ya read me the list of uses for hemp again?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQI8Bp9-Zcc]Woody Harrelson: "The Happy Hippie" - YouTube[/ame]

e00570d17a1fe3dcad7dabff3ebAbbie-Hoffman-232x300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think this topic is as big as Obama seems to think

I also dont think the people who care about marijuana legalization are the motivated voters. They may say they will vote, but my guess is they wont show up

Reminds me of the medical marijuana Simpsons episode where Homer became an outspoken proponent of medical marijuana and encouraged voters to get out and vote against the proposition which would have made it illegal... until he realized that the vote was the day before that. Haha.

Forum List

Back