Obama May Lure Youth Vote through Pot Legalization

I do find it odd that any president would even consider getting youth votes by encouraging drug use. This is a first.

I doubt those teens will be thrilled over medical pot.
Rhode Island just decriminalized marijuana. The time has come for government to stop wasting resources and ruining lives with the irrational prohibition of a relatively harmless, naturally occurring tranquilizer.

Candidate Barack Obama artfully conveyed the impression that he was enlightened on the marijuana issue. Then shortly after being elected he contemptuously dismissed the issue, refusing to even discuss it, and proceeded to ignore one of this Nation's most seriously damaging problems -- the War on Drugs. That fact, alone, is going to cost him millions of potential votes.

While I dread the prospect of a Romney presidency I understand how Obama's deceitful nature is likely to cost him the election. He can't be trusted.

Bull--shit you know there have been more prosecutions in California regarding medical marijuana under Obama's watch--in 3-1/2 years than under G.W. Bush in 8 years. That's a fact.
Gee.....maybe because there wasn't (nearly) the same level of activity, during BU$HCO, Skippy.

eusa_doh.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qnwp6J7P20]Marijuana Inc. on MSNBC with Al Roker - Part 1 of 5 - YouTube[/ame]​

Rhode Island just decriminalized marijuana. The time has come for government to stop wasting resources and ruining lives with the irrational prohibition of a relatively harmless, naturally occurring tranquilizer.

Candidate Barack Obama artfully conveyed the impression that he was enlightened on the marijuana issue. Then shortly after being elected he contemptuously dismissed the issue, refusing to even discuss it, and proceeded to ignore one of this Nation's most seriously damaging problems -- the War on Drugs. That fact, alone, is going to cost him millions of potential votes.

While I dread the prospect of a Romney presidency I understand how Obama's deceitful nature is likely to cost him the election. He can't be trusted.

Can stoners not live life without? Is it really THAT important, MAN. I just cant stand stoners, annoying as all hell. Can ya read me the list of uses for hemp again?

I used to partake now and then but quit over 20 years ago. I am surprised that it is still illegal considering that the folks in power now were all exposed to it back in the 60's and 70's. Recreational use aside, it is effective in restoring appetite for chemo patients and also for glaucoma. I've heard of people using it for other problems as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWZrE8akpg0]Retirees demand marijuana - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-kFlVcg-cU]Marijuana smoking grandparents - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvPk813tQ3g]Law Enforcement Against Prohibition to So. Cal. Retirees: "Legalize all drugs." - YouTube[/ame]​

Can stoners not live life without? Is it really THAT important, MAN. I just cant stand stoners, annoying as all hell. Can ya read me the list of uses for hemp again?

I used to partake now and then but quit over 20 years ago. I am surprised that it is still illegal considering that the folks in power now were all exposed to it back in the 60's and 70's. Recreational use aside, it is effective in restoring appetite for chemo patients and also for glaucoma. I've heard of people using it for other problems as well. Hemp can be used for fiber, food, oil, etc. The constitution was written on hemp paper. I think the time has long since passed for legalization. It was made illegal because of trumped up hysteria in the first place. Read up on "Reefer Madness".

nice one, I forgot the list. I'm not big on substances that alter your personality (that includes alcohol, although I'll toss down a Johnny Walker or a mixed drink from time to time)

I'm sure your liver appreciates that.

eusa_doh.gif

Last edited:

I used to partake now and then but quit over 20 years ago. I am surprised that it is still illegal considering that the folks in power now were all exposed to it back in the 60's and 70's. Recreational use aside, it is effective in restoring appetite for chemo patients and also for glaucoma. I've heard of people using it for other problems as well. Hemp can be used for fiber, food, oil, etc. The constitution was written on hemp paper. I think the time has long since passed for legalization. It was made illegal because of trumped up hysteria in the first place. Read up on "Reefer Madness".

Funniest damn movie ever!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hmm: Obama May Lure Youth Vote through Pot Legalization

6/14/12 By Kate Hicks

With President Obama's approval rankings taking a dip, and his head-to-head matchups with Mitt Romney looking awfully close, it may be time for him to break out another secret weapon: pot legalization. So says speculation, at least, drawing comparisons to the Bush campaign's 2004 effort to put gay marriage bans on ballots as a way of motivating the right. Several states will have weed legalization measures on their ballots this fall, and the Democrats are hoping this will energize the youth.

This year there's another incumbent president with modest approval ratings who could turn out his base with controversial ballot measures. ... In 2012, voters in swing states will decide whether they'll allow their fellow citizens to bear joints. Unlike the gay marriage votes, there's no indication that Obama's re-election team is behind any of the pot legalization initiatives, but there are Democrats who are hoping that it will boost turnout among weed's biggest fans: young people.

Getting more young people to vote has long been a Democratic fantasy, since they tend to vote so heavily Democratic. But past attempts to bong the vote have been disappointing, in part because stoners aren't the group anyone would most count on to bother filling out a ballot.

---

Hmm: Obama May Lure Youth Vote through Pot Legalization - Kate Hicks

LOL. Now you are about a dumb fuck. I know many people in my generation that are stridently in favor of pot legalization. Ain't just the kids.

legalizing pot would be just for the young people to vote for him. Its another of Obama's tricks and fooling the young people. I hope the young people do not fall for this scheme. I hope to see the younger people smarter then that. I know my Granddaughter said it would not change her mind, cus he is making things terrible and that won't change. He needs to be voted out. and espcially for the young people who face a future.

Presuming you like pizza, how would you feel if some corporate interest convinced the Congress that pizza was poisonous and it was banned?
Hell......how many people know that WAS the "scoop", on TOMATOES.....

"Absolutes".

Ain't they grand?!!

eusa_doh.gif

Hmm: Obama May Lure Youth Vote through Pot Legalization

6/14/12 By Kate Hicks

With President Obama's approval rankings taking a dip, and his head-to-head matchups with Mitt Romney looking awfully close, it may be time for him to break out another secret weapon: pot legalization. So says speculation, at least, drawing comparisons to the Bush campaign's 2004 effort to put gay marriage bans on ballots as a way of motivating the right. Several states will have weed legalization measures on their ballots this fall, and the Democrats are hoping this will energize the youth.

This year there's another incumbent president with modest approval ratings who could turn out his base with controversial ballot measures. ... In 2012, voters in swing states will decide whether they'll allow their fellow citizens to bear joints. Unlike the gay marriage votes, there's no indication that Obama's re-election team is behind any of the pot legalization initiatives, but there are Democrats who are hoping that it will boost turnout among weed's biggest fans: young people.

Getting more young people to vote has long been a Democratic fantasy, since they tend to vote so heavily Democratic. But past attempts to bong the vote have been disappointing, in part because stoners aren't the group anyone would most count on to bother filling out a ballot.

---

Hmm: Obama May Lure Youth Vote through Pot Legalization - Kate Hicks

alot of us old heads like to smoke pot also.and we don't have to take a piss test to get our monies.

No doubt. Now, we can get back to "gardening"; full-time!

I do find it odd that any president would even consider getting youth votes by encouraging drug use. This is a first.

I doubt those teens will be thrilled over medical pot.

I always thought liberals hated smoking...oh yeah just the stuff that wont make you high, I guess that's what they need to make it through the day. Explains the drug use in very liberal cities.

Not this one. I want to smoke a legal Havana. Normalize relations with Cuba just for the cigars.

Yeah.....there's something just so sexy about oral-cancer!!!!!

handjob.gif

rush-limbaugh-cigar-315x275.jpg

(.....Not-to-mention a quick-oral-"fix", for those still in-the-closet.)

[...]

I'm not worried about him attemtping to push pot legislation. Even if that happens, I can't imagine many pot heads going out to vote.

[...]
Everyone who presently enjoys or who has in the past enjoyed the euphoric and tranquilizing effects of marijuana should not be thought of as "pot heads" anymore than those who enjoy a few beers or a cocktail now and then should be thought of as drunks. So your position reflects circumstantial ignorance and you would be quite surprised at how many very ordinary Americans would respond favorably if Obama would encourage review of the existing marijuana prohibition -- which happens to be totally counterproductive.

When Obama was running for President he went out of his way to convey an encouraging impression where the prospect of decriminalization or legalization is concerned. Not only did he admit to having enjoyed marijuana in his past but emphasized that he did so frequently! But his performance as President has occurred as cynical betrayal of that plainly implicit encouragement. And you may rest assured the betrayal has cost Obama a significant number of prospective votes.

I respectfully suggest you spend some time researching the true facts about marijuana and the potential benefits of legalizing it for adult use.

Forum List

Back