Obama looks so small compared to this great man

securedownload.jpg

No, actually I'm merely asking how Reagan halved black unemployment.

OK, my question is answered. Be all you can be goes for stupid people too.

Well good for you then.

You can't even name a single concrete action by Reagan that was great.

I guess you had to be there...or pick up a history book.

He brought the Soviets to their knees. If a President's first job is security of the Nation, he accomplished that.

Moreover, He made the country remember what experience we have, what our past was, and recognized that the Country was unique, special. Some call it "exceptionalism"....I'm not sure about that but as far as civilizations go adjusted for the times when they came about, he reminded us that we were great.

Mad props to Ronald Reagan.

Because Carter didn't do that bad as a policy President. As a leader...I think the job was vacant from 76-80.

im not a fan of Carter, but you are right about policy but i found this interesting:

Carter could point to a number of achievements in domestic affairs. He dealt with the energy shortage by establishing a national energy policy and by decontrolling domestic petroleum prices to stimulate production. He prompted Government efficiency through civil service reform and proceeded with deregulation of the trucking and airline industries. He sought to improve the environment. His expansion of the national park system included protection of 103 million acres of Alaskan lands. To increase human and social services, he created the Department of Education, bolstered the Social Security system, and appointed record numbers of women, blacks, and Hispanics to Government jobs.

In foreign affairs, Carter set his own style. His championing of human rights was coldly received by the Soviet Union and some other nations. In the Middle East, through the Camp David agreement of 1978, he helped bring amity between Egypt and Israel. He succeeded in obtaining ratification of the Panama Canal treaties. Building upon the work of predecessors, he established full diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China and completed negotiation of the SALT II nuclear limitation treaty with the Soviet Union.

There were serious setbacks, however. The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan caused the suspension of plans for ratification of the SALT II pact. The seizure as hostages of the U. S. embassy staff in Iran dominated the news during the last 14 months of the administration. The consequences of Iran's holding Americans captive, together with continuing inflation at home, contributed to Carter's defeat in 1980. Even then, he continued the difficult negotiations over the hostages. Iran finally released the 52 Americans the same day Carter left office

No, but he did think that:

Ronald Reagan: 'close loopholes, millionaires must pay their fair share'

Ronald Reagan: 'close loopholes, millionaires must pay their fair share' [VIDEO] | HULIQ

Sound familiar!!!???? SO Obama is great man like Reagan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to be fair Reagan and Obama have different ideas of millionaires, Reagans millionaires were millionaires and their fair share was that a fair share, not "keeping going back to the well when the government needs money"

Obamas milliionaires are those that make more than 250 thousand and believes u go "keep going after the millionaires as an enemy, but than when u need the money who can accept it from the likes of Maher or whoever hates this country.

2+2= 3

Anyone with half a brain can figure out what the contributing factors are...NONE of which Obama caused.

LOOK at Receipts and see if you can figure out why Outlay would increase.

With or without the receipts, the spending is increasing.

If his programs were working as he said they would during the campaign and afterward, as he is saying they will right now, the receipts would have been increased also. They are not.

2+2=3 is the math that explains the results of Obama's jobs programs.

WHY is spending increasing? And WHY are receipts dropping? Is is fairy dust??

privsec108211.jpg

Reciepts have cratered due to the bad economy that the Big 0 claim, and still claims, he has the solution to.

Spending is increasing because those voters ain't gonna bribe themselves.

The fairy dust is what the true believers are snorting to make them feel good about what the Big 0 is doing to their grandchildren.

To be honest, I don't see anybody of Reagan-calibre in either party right now.

Reagan wasn't that great of a President. He didn't really do anything great.

I disagree strongly. Reagan was a very important President, one of the most important in US history. He profoundly changed the direction of the country.

Yeah, thanks to Reagan, we went from the worlds biggest creditor nation to the biggest debtor. Thanks to him, the middle class is just about gone. You can thank him for funding and arming what is now the Taliban in Afghanistan. He said they were the moral equivalent of our founding fathers. You can thank him for propping up Latin American dictatorships and right wing guerrillas. You can thank him for Arms for Hostages. Thanks a lot, Gipper.

I have head Obama speak without the aid of a teleprompter. I am convinced beyond any doubt that he is small compared to most of the posters on this forum.

Those who think Obama is smarter then they are have serious self-esteem issues.

I admit that Obama has great speech writers, but I cannot understand why Obama gets credit for reading THEIR words.

Obama's great intelligence is nothing more than a media myth, and anyone who is truly honest will readily admit that.

Seriously, folks, do you really think Obama is smarter than you are?

I freely admit that there are many posters on this forum who are smarter than I am, but my intelligence dwarfs that of the enigma called Obama.

The hell he didn't.

Don't you people Google anything?

Ronald Reagan blamed President Carter's administration for America's stagnant economy, plagued by high unemployment, rising prices, and a declining standard of living. A main theme of his campaign was to ask the voters if they were better off in 1980 than four years earlier, when Jimmy Carter became president. Ronald Reagan won a landslide victory. Many independents and a significant number of Democrats joined Republican voters in electing Ronald Reagan to be the fortieth president of the United States.
Ronald Reagan and Executive Power | Rise to the Presidency

The next time you hear a right winger complaining that one whole year! into Obama's Presidency he continues to blame George Bush for his our problems, remind them of the following quote from Reagan's 1983 State of the Union:

"The problems we inherited were far worse than most inside and out of government had expected; the recession was deeper than most inside and out of government had predicted. Curing those problems has taken more time and a higher toll than any of us wanted."
Daily Kos: Reagan Blamed Carter

Yeah Reagan was so great.

The administration in 1984 secretly sold arms to Iran -- which the United States considered a supporter of terrorism -- to raise cash for Nicaraguan contra rebels, despite a congressional ban on support for the Latin American insurgency. An independent investigation concluded that the arms sales to Iran operations "were carried out with the knowledge of, among others, President Ronald Reagan [and] Vice President George Bush," and that "large volumes of highly relevant, contemporaneously created documents were systematically and willfully withheld from investigators by several Reagan Administration officials."

The combination of a huge "supply-side" tax cut, a historic military buildup and a painful two-year recession produced huge budget deficits and a near tripling of the national debt that haunted the country and policymakers for years and drained resources from social programs. And the administration showed indifference to an emerging AIDS crisis in the early 1980s. By the time Reagan delivered his first speech on the epidemic in May 1988 -- about eight months before he left office -- the disease had been diagnosed in more than 36,000 Americans, and 20,849 had died.

Until a public protest forced Reagan to back away, his Agriculture Department sought to cut the school lunch program and redefine ketchup and relish as vegetables.
Schisms From Administration Lingered for Years

I'm not impressed.
Now that you have listed a very few of the low lights, focus on the rest of his 8 years....BTW...the supply-side (as you call it) tax cuts are NOT a bad thing. They are ONE of hundreds of good things that helped to change this country for the better.

It was Reagan's policies and his altering of our economy from one of massive theft of the producers, to one in which business could thrive, was the direct cause of more than 12 years of prosperity, those same years that everyone likes to give Clinton credit for.

His policies reunited Germany, started th downfall of one of the worst tyrannical governments in our histoy (Soviet Russia) and put communism back on its heals for decades.

Yeah.....But you go ahead and focus on JUST the bad stuff and then define Reagan by that alone.

Forum List

Back