Obama knew from the beginning that oil leak would likely last months

So much for the "Obama didn't know how bad it was" claims.

"The White House appears resigned to living with the BP oil spill for some time to come. But that’s not surprising—since President Obama and his team were briefed from the outset that the blowout at the Deepwater Horizons rig was epic in scope—and would not be fixable for a long, long time."

"The real disgrace here is why, if he really did know right away that this was the oil equivalent of an asteroid strike, he didn’t scramble some sort of all-hands-on-deck emergency operation to protect the coastline. Remember, Jindal reportedly requested five million feet of hard boom back on May 2, long after Obama (according to Wolffe) knew about the magnitude of the disaster. By May 24, not even 800,000 feet had arrived. What happened?"

Hot Air Report: Obama knew from the beginning that oil leak would likely last months

I blame this whole thing on Obama.

(hot air....lololol)

In reality this is not Governor Jindal's problem to fix. It is OBAMA'S.

And here I was going under the assumption that it was BP's fault and problem to fix. Shouldnt we be letting the invisible hand dictate the clean up effort?

BP was operating in federal waters with federal permission. If BP can't fix it, where does the buck stop?

"The White House appears resigned to living with the BP oil spill for some time to come. But that’s not surprising—since President Obama and his team were briefed from the outset that the blowout at the Deepwater Horizons rig was epic in scope—and would not be fixable for a long, long time."

"The real disgrace here is why, if he really did know right away that this was the oil equivalent of an asteroid strike, he didn’t scramble some sort of all-hands-on-deck emergency operation to protect the coastline. Remember, Jindal reportedly requested five million feet of hard boom back on May 2, long after Obama (according to Wolffe) knew about the magnitude of the disaster. By May 24, not even 800,000 feet had arrived. What happened?"

Hot Air Report: Obama knew from the beginning that oil leak would likely last months

I blame this whole thing on Obama.

(hot air....lololol)

Then, bless your heart, you're not very bright.

Another "govt is the problem" conservative who is waiting for the nanny state govt to bail them out.

How come your beloved "free market" isn't delivering the booms? How come your beloved Bobby "We don't need the feds" Jindal isn't doing it himself?

Here, the hypocrit Jindal praises a sheriff for ignoring the feds when they said the sherriff couldn't do what needs to be done. But the hypocrit is too cowardly to do the same thing himself

No deflections please. You asked how could any one know how bad it was going to be. Carol Browner said she knew.

Wrong. Carol Browner said she knew it was going to be very bad, but she didn't say she knew how bad it would be.

NO ONE KNOWS HOW BAD IT WILL BE

No, it's up to you to stop twisting what she said. Please provide a quote where she says she "knew how bad it would be" because right now, no one knows how bad it will be.

As to the required boom... this spill was in federal water and it was the federal government's job to contain it. Obama has let his problem become a problem for state governors.

Once again, why doesn't Jindal act on his convictions and ignore the lack of fed permission as he praised a sheriff for doing? Why is he such a coward?

And it's not a fed responsibility to clean up the spill. It's BP's responsibility. And their is no way to contain it.

david-horsey-cartoon20100603.jpg

Regarding the conservative belief that small government is better, Bobby Jindal says it more eloquently that I can..

Tapper also pushed Jindal, an avowed conservative, to reconcile his belief in small government with his demands for more federal assistance.

“When government grows too big, it doesn't do its core functions properly,” he said. “Absolutely, I believe in a limited government that is effective and competent in what it does. We need federal government exactly -- we need our federal government exactly for this kind of crisis."

Jindal lies. As my link clearly shows, Jindal doesn't believe that it's the feds job to help the states with their problem. As Reagan said "Govt is not the solution; govt is the problem"

AT least, until the govt *is* the solution

MorinJ20100604_low.jpg

Louisiana Gov. Jindal to Obama: Give Us More Power on Oil Spill - Political Punch
"

Perhaps if Obama had fewer things to attend to he would have listened to Browner and reacted more swiftly.
[/QUOTE]

That ladies and gentlemen is called a smackdown. Nicely done.

Wow..cartoons.. I'm impressed now. You'll have to go hunt your own quotes because as I said.. I'm taking her at her word that she knew this would be "epic".

IOW, you got caught in a lie about what she said, and now you can't back it up

I'm sorry if the information I presented about Jindal's thoughts on the government were too complicated for you to grasp. I'd thought I was dealing with someone with a three digit I.Q. but I'll try to keep it simple for you from here on in.

And I'm sorry you're incapable of grasping that Jindal has been all over the place, saying one thing one minute, and contradicting himself the next. Just like all conservatives do, like "We were never stay the course" bush

Governor Jindal has NO power to make BP do ANYTHING.

Jindal can build the berms himself.

Governor Jindal believes that the federal government tries to involve itself in so many things that they can't do ANY of those things well.

Jindal believes in Jindal, and nothing else. He praises a sheriff for ignoring the feds rules, but he won't do the same himself, a point you are too afraid to confront

LA's problem is Jindals' problem. The feds aren't responsible for LA's beaches. Jindal is.

I know I didn't add colors or pretty picture's but I hope you can understand it now.

Even with the pictures, you still didn't understand it. Not surprising.

Well, so I guess my 'theory' posted awhile back that BP knew all their fixes had little if any chance of working was correct.

Thank you. Thank very much. Thank you.

Does Gov. Gin Doll realize that all these requests for waivers is cutting into Obama's golf time?

Wow..cartoons.. I'm impressed now. You'll have to go hunt your own quotes because as I said.. I'm taking her at her word that she knew this would be "epic".

IOW, you got caught in a lie about what she said, and now you can't back it up

I'm sorry if the information I presented about Jindal's thoughts on the government were too complicated for you to grasp. I'd thought I was dealing with someone with a three digit I.Q. but I'll try to keep it simple for you from here on in.

And I'm sorry you're incapable of grasping that Jindal has been all over the place, saying one thing one minute, and contradicting himself the next. Just like all conservatives do, like "We were never stay the course" bush

Jindal can build the berms himself.

Jindal believes in Jindal, and nothing else. He praises a sheriff for ignoring the feds rules, but he won't do the same himself, a point you are too afraid to confront

LA's problem is Jindals' problem. The feds aren't responsible for LA's beaches. Jindal is.

I know I didn't add colors or pretty picture's but I hope you can understand it now.

Even with the pictures, you still didn't understand it. Not surprising.

:lol: Google not your friend? ( hint.. check Meet the Press.. May 30, 2010)

And yes.. I did not address your rant about Jindal and the sheriff during Katrina yet. I would have thought you'd have been able to realize that at the time Jindal AND the sheriff ( did you forget the your article had Jindal saying they could arrest him too? ) were willing to risk arrest by crossing the feds in sending out rescue boats, people were in IMMINENT danger of DYING. Dead is permanent. Dying marshes, horrible though they are, are not the same. Tell me, are you secretly hoping that the state governors will push our inexperienced POTUS out of the way so that he won't have to take the heat for this?

And yes.. I did not address your rant about Jindal and the sheriff during Katrina yet. I would have thought you'd have been able to realize that at the time Jindal AND the sheriff ( did you forget the your article had Jindal saying they could arrest him too? ) were willing to risk arrest by crossing the feds in sending out rescue boats, people were in IMMINENT danger of DYING.

Umm, Jindal didn't risk anything. Jindal didn't do anything. The sheriff did

Jindal just sat on his as

Dead is permanent. Dying marshes, horrible though they are, are not the same. Tell me, are you secretly hoping that the state governors will push our inexperienced POTUS out of the way so that he won't have to take the heat for this?

And again you make the "govt is the problem" while complaining that the nanny state isn't giving you a binky. Conservatives just can't help being hypocrits.

This fits you perfectly

MorinJ20100604_low.jpg

ANd still no explanation for why the coward jindle wont risk anything and fix the problem instead of waiting for a permission slip from daddy

As much as I cannot stand Mr Obama, I do want truth to be known.

The 510th Airwing, of the Air National Guard, (the only Unit with fixed wing spray capabilities in the US military) has had 2 C130's spraying the oil slicks since 1 May.

Why only 2, I don't know. What good the dispersing agents are doing, I also don't know.

They don't know either. They let BP drill out there without doing the study. :rolleyes:
3) Corexit oil dispersant toxicity has not been tested on ecosystems, according to the Oil Spill Response Plan. "Ecotoxilogical effects: No toxicity studies have been conducted on this product."

(more...)
BP's Spill Plan: What they knew and when they knew it

And yes.. I did not address your rant about Jindal and the sheriff during Katrina yet. I would have thought you'd have been able to realize that at the time Jindal AND the sheriff ( did you forget the your article had Jindal saying they could arrest him too? ) were willing to risk arrest by crossing the feds in sending out rescue boats, people were in IMMINENT danger of DYING.

Dead is permanent. Dying marshes, horrible though they are, are not the same. Tell me, are you secretly hoping that the state governors will push our inexperienced POTUS out of the way so that he won't have to take the heat for this?

And again you make the "govt is the problem" while complaining that the nanny state isn't giving you a binky. Conservatives just can't help being hypocrits.

This fits you perfectly

MorinJ20100604_low.jpg

ANd still no explanation for why the coward jindle wont risk anything and fix the problem instead of waiting for a permission slip from daddy

And how does the bolded statement make "the government is the problem" argument? Explain your reasoning if you can.

Has it occurred to you that when Jindal was risking federal ire during Katrina, the repercussions would be on HIM. Acceptable to him I'm sure. If he causes Obama to get his panties in a bunch now, then the people of Louisiana will get to bear any repercussions. Damn.. can you figure out ANYTHING on your own?

This fits you perfectly

MorinJ20100604_low.jpg

And how does the bolded statement make "the government is the problem" argument? Explain your reasoning if you can.

Sure you want the inexperienced feds to fix the problem. You can't keep whining about how Obama didn't bring you the pony he promised you

Has it occurred to you that when Jindal was risking federal ire during Katrina, the repercussions would be on HIM.

Bwahahaha! Jindal risked NOTHING because OTHER PEOPLE do the hard work.

He just sat there doing nothing. The sheriff showed leadership. Jindal is a coward.

If Jindal was willing to act, then why is he just whining? Why isn't he building the berms instead of waiting for a permission slip from Daddy Obama?

(I bet you wont ever answer this. You will just pretend you answered it because you're too scared to address it)

This fits you perfectly

MorinJ20100604_low.jpg

Has it occurred to you that when Jindal was risking federal ire during Katrina, the repercussions would be on HIM. Acceptable to him I'm sure. If he causes Obama to get his panties in a bunch now, then the people of Louisiana will get to bear any repercussions. Damn.. can you figure out ANYTHING on your own?

Let's try this again. Perhaps this time you'll actually address the commentary in my post rather than the voices in your head. Psst.. the answer to your question is in big black letters.

Bwahahaha! Jindal risked NOTHING because OTHER PEOPLE do the hard work.

He just sat there doing nothing. The sheriff showed leadership. Jindal is a coward.

If Jindal was willing to act, then why is he just whining? Why isn't he building the berms instead of waiting for a permission slip from Daddy Obama?

(I bet you wont ever answer this. You will just pretend you answered it because you're too scared to address it)

With what money, moron? Or do you think 100 miles of sand berms are cheap?

Building these berms in defiance of federal authority requires that Louisiana, already devastated by previous natural disaster and current economic disaster... foot the bill for protecting itself from a "man-caused disaster" that the federal government has CLEAR jurisdiction over.

Jefferson Parish hunts money to build sand berm against oil spill | NOLA.com

If Obama had been a real man he would have dived down there and bit the pipe shut.

btw where was BP on providing Jindal with the 5 million feet of hard boom?
The govt is supposed to clean up industries messes?

You're not making any sense. Knowing that it would be very bad is not the same as knowing exactly how bad it would be, particularly since BP lied about how much oil was leaking at first.

And being told that it would take probably months to fix is not the same as knowing how bad it would be, particularly since BP lied about how much oil was leaking at first.

Wolfe can make any claim he wants about what Obama knew, but the facts show that it was only recently that an independent group of scientists made an estimate, and even now they still don't know how much oil is leaking. So how could anyone know how bad it was going to be?

Your apparent stupidity is fast becoming legendary here on USMB....even eclipsing CurveLight and on the road to beating rdean!!!!

Hint for the terminally stupid...such as yourself...
When you see a GIANT OIL SLICK FROM SPACE????!!!!...LIKE THE SATELLITE PHOTO'S OBAMA SAW???!!! IT'S PRETTY FUCKING BAD!!!!

I have but one question.. well maybe two.. has the moron surpassed TM yet? and since when did clueless obie wan ever know anything?? what do you expect from an ignoramous who sits in a church for twenty years deaf as a doorknob?

If Obama had been a real man he would have dived down there and bit the pipe shut.

btw where was BP on providing Jindal with the 5 million feet of hard boom?
The govt is supposed to clean up industries messes?

Come on Citizen.. you're way smarter than that. Obama is not being faulted for failing to "plug the damned hole". His problem has been a lack of urgency that reduced the ability to contain the spill.

Regarding Jindal and BP provided boom...

Jindal recounted to 'This Week' host Jake Tapper one instance where BP and federal government bureaucracy got in the way of the cleanup.

"Terrebonne Parish…submitted a plan for 180,000 feet of hard boom. The Coast Guard approved them for 90,000 feet. A week ago Friday, they didn't even have 90,000 feet. They didn't have that much boom, hard boom, in the parish…”

Tapper asked the governor what happened next.

“Well, in that case, they literally had hard boom sitting on the dock and they didn't deploy it,” Jindal said. “There was no excuse. The BP contractor said BP told them not to do it until the oil was coming. NOAA projections showed for days, and we saw the oil ourselves.”

“We finally brought the Coast Guard captain that was in charge of Louisiana's response with us on a National Guard Black Hawk helicopter, showed him the oil on the island, showed him the sheen in the bay, showed him the oil coming into that area, and said this needs to be boomed. He agreed it needed to be boomed,” Jindal said.

The boom was finally deployed.

Louisiana Gov. Jindal to Obama: Give Us More Power on Oil Spill - Political Punch

If Jindal had the authority to direct BP in operations, then he wouldn't need the federal government's help, would he?

BP is responsible and until legal actions change that they are responsible for everything in my opinion.
Did BP provide the hard boom? Who owned it?

Forum List

Back