Obama jumps the shark

I guess this is the new new new Obama Waterloo Conservatives are wetting themselves over..:lol:

Just remember, Rush and many other conservatives are hoping that Obama fails.

You damn right I hope he fails, he's already done ENOUGH damage to us and our country with the help of his Commie Comrades in Arms.

Yeah, everyone knows that rooting for an American president to succeed is the the clarion call of the anti-American.

"REAL Americans" will ALWAYS view failure as being preferable to success. It's the new definition of American Exceptionalism. Every American EXCEPT Obama (who is suspected of not being an American anyway, so it's okay to feel that way)

Just remember, Rush and many other conservatives are hoping that Obama fails.

You damn right I hope he fails, he's already done ENOUGH damage to us and our country with the help of his Commie Comrades in Arms.

Yeah, everyone knows that rooting for an American president to succeed is the the clarion call of the anti-American.

"REAL Americans" will ALWAYS view failure as being preferable to success. It's the new definition of American Exceptionalism. Every American EXCEPT Obama (who is suspected of not being an American anyway, so it's okay to feel that way)

please spare us the sermon, we saw all during the Bush YEARS how the left was PULLING for Bush to succeed.

please spare us the sermon, we saw all during the Bush YEARS how the left was PULLING for Bush to succeed.

I don't know to whom, specifically, you're referring. I don't think anyone was hoping that Bush would fail to provide post-Katrina relief to New Orleans in a timely fashion. Certainly, the people of New Orleans weren't hoping that Bush could not get relief supplies to the city as quickly as news crews from all the major networks could get there.

I don't know anyone who was hoping that the Bush administration would botch the necessary security requirements in Iraq after the invasion toppled the gov't of Iraq by keeping law and order to both protect supply depots from looting and to protect the civilian population from the lawlessness that prevailed when all civil authority crumbled.

I don't think anyone was hoping that there would be the PR fiasco (and al Qaeda recruiting bonanza) that was known as Abu Ghraib.

Et cetera.

Last edited:

I don't know to whom, specifically, you're referring. I don't think anyone was hoping that Bush would fail to provide post-Katrina relief to New Orleans in a timely fashion. Certainly, the people of New Orleans weren't hoping that Bush could get relief supplies to the city as quickly as news crews from all the major networks could get there.

I don't anyone was hoping that the Bush administration would botch the necessary security requirements in Iraq after the invasion toppled the gov't of Iraq by keeping law and order to both protect supply depots from looting and to protect the civilian population from the lawlessness that prevailed when all civil authority crumbled.

I don't think anyone was hoping that there would be the PR fiasco (and al Qaeda recruiting bonanza) that was known as Abu Ghraib.

Et cetera.

Pfeeeesh, etc etc etc

i thought he was a fraud and gay...

O ain't gay. He may be a fraud.

Sure about that?
obama-con-homosexual.jpg

It's an apt way now of describing certain circumstances that has made it into the American lexicon and the term has been used for years.

Thank you for your non-point.

Actually, that was my point.

Thanks for getting it. :thup:
:eusa_liar:

No it wasn't. You stated your intent. I called *YOU* on it...You accused the poster as claiming it was his own.

Way to try to pass off the 'jump the shark' joke as your own. :thup:

My point had multiple layers. But yes, the primary one was that he tried to pass it off as his own (at least ot anyone who may not be familiar with the phrase). And you're welcome to disagree and it wouldn't be the first time you're wrong. If the phrase is so well known as you suggest, why the need to explain it (without giving any acknowledgement to the fact that what is being described is not one's own original thought)?

If I may issue one request: In whatever bullshit tapdance of a reply you concoct, please explain how someone not familiar with the term or it's origins wouldn't assume the OP was a QW original? Here's a hint: You can't. :thup:

I just want some consistency- last week he said as Qaddafi has got to go, his mouthpieces including Mullen and the rest of the Sunday Pravda circuit; meet the depressed and don't face palm the nation etc. said; "That's certainly potentially one outcome." when asked;
" So the mission can be accomplished and Qaddafi can remain in power?"....
Monday the admin. back peddles AGAIN, saying hes got to go, then yesterday in the late afternoon, he says...........

President Obama indicated on Tuesday that Muammar Qadhafi may still have an opportunity to “change his approach” and put in place “significant reforms” in the Libyan government.

Asked by NBC’s Savannah Guthrie what the U.S. commitment is in Libya if Qadhafi remains in power but continues to pose a threat to his people, Obama appeared to leave the door open for political reforms.

Obama says Qadhafi could stay | POLITICO 44

this a mess folks.

Saying someone needs to go doesn't mean that he should be removed by WAR.

Many dictators should go, but that doesn't mean that the govt will change as far as their thinking. Kadafi needs to go because of what he is doing to his own people, and the world should make that happen. DON"T YOU AGREE?

Yes I absolutely agree. But what is funny is Saddam killed 25 Million of his own people in 25 years and the same liberals now defending this action, did not give a damn about the humanitarian reasons for toppling Saddam.

Now, tell me this, if the goal is to get Qaddafi out. How the hell do we do that with air power alone? Especially if we say were not going to target him?

I don't know man, while I support the idea of what we are doing, I have some questions about the end game, and how were going to get to it.

Those are my question also CM.

Don't get me wrong. Qadaffi is a murderer many times over and I would like nothing better than for that dirtbag to get in the way of an airstrike. But If Qadaffi is removed either by death or exile. Who then takes his place??

Who are these rebels??

Who leads them and what are they all about??

Qadaffi is the devil we know.

We and the coalition could just be aiding the devil we don't know??

Last edited:
Actually, that was my point.

Thanks for getting it. :thup:
:eusa_liar:

No it wasn't. You stated your intent. I called *YOU* on it...You accused the poster as claiming it was his own.

Way to try to pass off the 'jump the shark' joke as your own. :thup:

My point had multiple layers. But yes, the primary one was that he tried to pass it off as his own (at least ot anyone who may not be familiar with the phrase). And you're welcome to disagree and it wouldn't be the first time you're wrong. If the phrase is so well known as you suggest, why the need to explain it (without giving any acknowledgement to the fact that what is being described is not one's own original thought)?

If I may issue one request: In whatever bullshit tapdance of a reply you concoct, please explain how someone not familiar with the term or it's origins wouldn't assume the OP was a QW original? Here's a hint: You can't. :thup:

Because I posted a YouTube called "Fonzie Jumps the Shark?" The Only way your argument would work is that was my YouTube account.
The truth is that, because I actually put the term in context, at least one person now knows where it came from, and even he had heard the term before.

Forum List

Back