Obama is the new nixon- all glory to manifold, blessed be his name, for noticing

But here's the thing...this comes up when a democrat is sitting in the whitehouse, and seldom when a republican is there.

I'm all for transparency..and I'd like to see people with views different from mine, agree on this.

It should make no difference who is president.

it does to you, though. obama has conveniently broken almost every campaign promise he made (gitmo, trnasparency, signing statements), and here you are defending him.

fail

hack
:eusa_shhh:

I ain't defending him. I am damning you. Big difference emu. :lol:

uh, no. if you read your posts, you're clearly defending him.

good effort, though

not really :lol:

apparently, he thinks that it's just fine to lie when it suits his purposes.

hope and change, change and hope, i am not a crook.

"There are two problems with the Obama proposal to allow federal officials to affirmatively assert that a requested document doesn't exist when it does. First, by not citing a specific exemption allowed under the FOIA as grounds for denying a request, the proposal would cut off a requestor from appealing to the courts. By thus creating an area of federal activity that is completely exempt from judicial review, the proposal undercuts due process and other constitutional protections. Second, by creating a justification for government lying to FOIA requestors in one area, a legal precedent is created that sooner or later will be asserted by the government in other areas as well."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: On FOIA, Obama wants a license to lie | Examiner Editorial | Editorials | Washington Examiner

the ACLU and others are fighting this.

let's hope they win.

Obama is trying to help the country. Republicans are trying to bring it down in the hopes it harms him. Republicans - Party first. Everyone else - country first.

He's fucking clueless. His cure is killing the patient.

I agree, partisanship and partisan stupidity are most certainly not confined to the Democratic side. And this thread may even have been posted for stupid partisan reasons, although the OP is not one of the usual suspects.

That however changes nothing. Note it and pass on. The Obama Justice Department is still doing wrong here, and should still be called on it. And we on the left should not be defending it. We should, on the contrary, be the first ones to cry foul.

I was outraged when Obama signed a bill renewing the patriot act..and I think this is wrong. However, it's laughable when the same elements that overlooked Bush's fuck ups are "now" paying attention.

i am not an element, and i didn't overlook bush's fuck ups.

why don't you try addressing the issue instead of trying out for a role in the wizard of oz?

i doubt that you can dance as well as ray bolger, and all that straw must get itchy.

Actually..I use to be able to do the flips..but heck, I can't dance.

And I think with the exception of real deal national security items, the government should be transparent.

No matter who is president. So like on a few other issues..I disagree with Obama on this.

"The Freedom of Information Act should be administered with a clear presumption: In the face of doubt, openness prevails. The Government should not keep information confidential merely because public officials might be embarrassed by disclosure, because errors and failures might be revealed, or because of speculative or abstract fears. Nondisclosure should never be based on an effort to protect the personal interests of Government officials at the expense of those they are supposed to serve. In responding to requests under the FOIA, executive branch agencies (agencies) should act promptly and in a spirit of cooperation, recognizing that such agencies are servants of the public.

All agencies should adopt a presumption in favor of disclosure, in order to renew their commitment to the principles embodied in FOIA, and to usher in a new era of open Government. The presumption of disclosure should be applied to all decisions involving FOIA.

The presumption of disclosure also means that agencies should take affirmative steps to make information public. They should not wait for specific requests from the public. All agencies should use modern technology to inform citizens about what is known and done by their Government. Disclosure should be timely."

:clap2:

I was outraged when Obama signed a bill renewing the patriot act..and I think this is wrong. However, it's laughable when the same elements that overlooked Bush's fuck ups are "now" paying attention.

i am not an element, and i didn't overlook bush's fuck ups.

why don't you try addressing the issue instead of trying out for a role in the wizard of oz?

i doubt that you can dance as well as ray bolger, and all that straw must get itchy.

Actually..I use to be able to do the flips..but heck, I can't dance.

And I think with the exception of real deal national security items, the government should be transparent.

No matter who is president. So like on a few other issues..I disagree with Obama on this.

see?

that wasn't so hard, was it?

:thup:

it does to you, though. obama has conveniently broken almost every campaign promise he made (gitmo, trnasparency, signing statements), and here you are defending him.

fail

hack

good effort, though

Not entirely sure..but I don't think this was a big concern of yours when Bush was in the white house. They pretty much told congress to go fuck themselves everytime they were investigated and you guys were doing high fives.

Nixon is a Saint ! Apologize to Him !!! Obama is The Black Fedele Castro.

ROTF. As I understand it there was a special place in Hell for Tricky Dick, he's waiting for Henry to join him where they are on the ground in Cambodia for a very special Breakfast!

Nixon

Black Castro huh? Show me where the president has called or confiscation of the Wealthy's land.

good effort, though

Not entirely sure..but I don't think this was a big concern of yours when Bush was in the white house. They pretty much told congress to go fuck themselves everytime they were investigated and you guys were doing high fives.

again with the you guys shit.

and i had such high hopes for you. :eusa_eh:

Hoping for your recovery, Foxbots.

Translation: "I can't handle a black president." 180 degrees, 100% wrong. NBPP: IDIOCY< dittohead. Change the channel...
Yes you polish cretin... that's why so many conservatives love Herman Cain. They're racist. :rolleyes:

I was starting to view Obama as Wilson in blackface or a photo negative of FDR.

"And you brainwashed racists are the new brainwashed Nazis...." Do have links to anything but Rev. Moons propaganda rags? Idiocy.

"which explains why we're trying to put a black guy into the Wh.. donut?"

You mean the Koch Bros. shill, the talking radio head, the Pizza failure 18 years ago? Rove and the elite have turned on him, but you can always SAY that. Oh, they didn't report that at Rev. Moon's? LOL! Anyway, only half the Pub dupes are racist- the ones who believe Obama is a Muslim Kenyan Marxist Nixon (!). ACORN stole the election, or the NBPP was anything but Fox BS propaganda. Hoping for your recovery...CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

BTW, my grammar is so good I'm WAY past your ignorantt sniping- the Hotchkiss School 1969 was FAMOUS for its grammar boot camp- boy did that suq lol.. But your secretarial skills ARE above mine. If you have any questions just ask...

apparently, he thinks that it's just fine to lie when it suits his purposes.

hope and change, change and hope, i am not a crook.

"There are two problems with the Obama proposal to allow federal officials to affirmatively assert that a requested document doesn't exist when it does. First, by not citing a specific exemption allowed under the FOIA as grounds for denying a request, the proposal would cut off a requestor from appealing to the courts. By thus creating an area of federal activity that is completely exempt from judicial review, the proposal undercuts due process and other constitutional protections. Second, by creating a justification for government lying to FOIA requestors in one area, a legal precedent is created that sooner or later will be asserted by the government in other areas as well."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: On FOIA, Obama wants a license to lie | Examiner Editorial | Editorials | Washington Examiner

the ACLU and others are fighting this.

let's hope they win.

Obama is trying to help the country. Republicans are trying to bring it down in the hopes it harms him. Republicans - Party first. Everyone else - country first.

He's fucking clueless. His cure is killing the patient.
"Zere vas a bump on ze head, ve rrrran into complications, zo ve had to amputate."

Hoping for your recovery, Foxbots.

Translation: "I can't handle a black president." 180 degrees, 100% wrong. NBPP: IDIOCY< dittohead. Change the channel...

Always the first to play the race card. How sad for you. Ah well, when that's all you have, it starts to look REALLY bad for your guy. Good luck with that.

I'm in complete agreement; this is Nixonesque, and the ACLU should succeed in this suit.

It's not the only area where Obama's running of the government has run afoul of his rhetoric and progressive image, either. Consider his handling of the wars and of Guantanamo. I suspect the defense of him on this thread by liberals is purely partisan and due to the reflexive (and incorrect) belief that any criticism of Obama amounts to a promotion of Cain/Romney/Whoever in next year's election. Not so. This will not stop me from voting for Obama next year, but it is certainly cause for concern, along with the other things.

That sort of thing, as well as the failure of the legislative process, is why the insurgency on the left has turned to protest instead of focusing on electoral politics.

But here's the thing...this comes up when a democrat is sitting in the whitehouse, and seldom when a republican is there.

I'm all for transparency..and I'd like to see people with views different from mine, agree on this.

fail

hack

He did make promises that he could not fufill. But certainly not almost every one.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

fail

hack

He did make promises that he could not fufill. But certainly not almost every one.

PolitiFact | Tracking politicians' promises
Could we get a list of any he kept even? Of course, those he probably did keep, if so, are probably pretty damning too.

:eek:

fail

hack

PolitiFact | Tracking politicians' promises
Could we get a list of any he kept even? Of course, those he probably did keep, if so, are probably pretty damning too.

:eek: Try the link :eek:

"And you brainwashed racists are the new brainwashed Nazis...." Do have links to anything but Rev. Moons propaganda rags? Idiocy.

You mean the Koch Bros. shill, the talking radio head, the Pizza failure 18 years ago? Rove and the elite have turned on him, but you can always SAY that. Oh, they didn't report that at Rev. Moon's? LOL! Anyway, only half the Pub dupes are racist- the ones who believe Obama is a Muslim Kenyan Marxist Nixon (!). ACORN stole the election, or the NBPP was anything but Fox BS propaganda. Hoping for your recovery...CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

BTW, my grammar is so good I'm WAY past your ignorantt sniping- the Hotchkiss School 1969 was FAMOUS for its grammar boot camp- boy did that suq lol.. But your secretarial skills ARE above mine. If you have any questions just ask...

lead paint chips are not a snack food

Where/who would the motivation to hide visitor logs come from?

I can't imagine the president manages details at this level.

well, we know already that left wing lunatics are not very imaginative. that's why you voted him into office in the first place.

I'll tell you what Willowtree when you demonstrate the ability to construct a complex compound sentence you may address my pineal gland's capacity. Until then please refrain from spraying your spew in my direction you pathetic sad little criton.

I notice the RW ignorami, once they get past Rev. Moon's talking points revert to stupid imaginary insults and irrelevant grammar. Pathetic.

Nixon was an HUGE A-hole whose dirty tricks ruined many great Americans, and ruined Americans' respect for the presidency and the truth. Only NOW is Obame turning the ship around. Change the channel, you pathetic excuses for good citizens.... Only bought off talking heads imagine Obama is anything similar. Try the real world.

In the 60's 80% of USA believed gov't was trying to do the right thing. After Trick Dick and 30 years of Voodoo BS, it's in the teens. Great job, Pubbies.

Last edited:

good effort, though

again with the you guys shit.

and i had such high hopes for you. :eusa_eh:

The bolded part - there's where you went wrong... Simple mistake...

You learn and you move on...

So, are you an actual Moonie? You got nothing...

Saying Obama broke his promise on Gitmo is is incredibly STUPID propaganda. Pubs blocked that, but it IS 3/4 empty. Same with all Obama's "lies". Brainwashed Moonies!!Never has US political discourse been so dumb and hypocritical. Great job, Newt, Ronnie Raygun, Rev Moon, and the Australian A-hole....
Let's hear some more talking points and stupid insults, Moonies. Or your own personal cowardly censorship. That's you, morons...hoping for your recovery... no real knowledge is a poor debate tactic.

So, are you an actual Moonie? You got nothing...

Saying Obama broke his promise on Gitmo is is incredibly STUPID propaganda. Pubs blocked that, but it IS 3/4 empty. Same with all Obama's "lies". Brainwashed Moonies!!Never has US political discourse been so dumb and hypocritical. Great job, Newt, Ronnie Raygun, Rev Moon, and the Australian A-hole....
Let's hear some more talking points and stupid insults, Moonies. Or your own personal cowardly censorship. That's you, morons...hoping for your recovery... no real knowledge is a poor debate tactic.

thanks for your most illustrative post.

you can go back to sculpting chess pieces out of your fecal matter now.

your work here is done. :thup:

Forum List

Back