Obama is the new nixon- all glory to manifold, blessed be his name, for noticing

Nixon? I thought you guys thought he was Hitler..wait..no Carter..wait no Bush..

Make up your minds..sheesh.

i've compared him to bush because his term has been little more than an extension of bush's. i've never compared any pol to hitler, but thanks for playing

it's good to know you're okay with a govt that directly promotes lying to the american people as a response to FOIA requests, as long as a dem is the one in power.

hack

It's been the policy of most GOP presidents to lie about everything. Bush was a spectacular liar.

You guys never said a word.

:clap2:

I'm in complete agreement; this is Nixonesque, and the ACLU should succeed in this suit.

It's not the only area where Obama's running of the government has run afoul of his rhetoric and progressive image, either. Consider his handling of the wars and of Guantanamo. I suspect the defense of him on this thread by liberals is purely partisan and due to the reflexive (and incorrect) belief that any criticism of Obama amounts to a promotion of Cain/Romney/Whoever in next year's election. Not so. This will not stop me from voting for Obama next year, but it is certainly cause for concern, along with the other things.

That sort of thing, as well as the failure of the legislative process, is why the insurgency on the left has turned to protest instead of focusing on electoral politics.

Hoping for your recovery, Foxbots.

Translation: "I can't handle a black president." 180 degrees, 100% wrong. NBPP: IDIOCY< dittohead. Change the channel...

You will always be a fucking idiot. Just sayin...............

Nixon? I thought you guys thought he was Hitler..wait..no Carter..wait no Bush..

Make up your minds..sheesh.

i've compared him to bush because his term has been little more than an extension of bush's. i've never compared any pol to hitler, but thanks for playing

it's good to know you're okay with a govt that directly promotes lying to the american people as a response to FOIA requests, as long as a dem is the one in power.

hack

It's been the policy of most GOP presidents to lie about everything. Bush was a spectacular liar.

You guys never said a word.

:clap2:

i'm not *you guys* and the "mom, they did it too" excuse stops working for most people in kindergarten.

you are a hack.

own it or stfu.

I'm in complete agreement; this is Nixonesque, and the ACLU should succeed in this suit.

It's not the only area where Obama's running of the government has run afoul of his rhetoric and progressive image, either. Consider his handling of the wars and of Guantanamo. I suspect the defense of him on this thread by liberals is purely partisan and due to the reflexive (and incorrect) belief that any criticism of Obama amounts to a promotion of Cain/Romney/Whoever in next year's election. Not so. This will not stop me from voting for Obama next year, but it is certainly cause for concern, along with the other things.

That sort of thing, as well as the failure of the legislative process, is why the insurgency on the left has turned to protest instead of focusing on electoral politics.

But here's the thing...this comes up when a democrat is sitting in the whitehouse, and seldom when a republican is there.

I'm all for transparency..and I'd like to see people with views different from mine, agree on this.

It should make no difference who is president.

Where/who would the motivation to hide visitor logs come from?

I can't imagine the president manages details at this level.

well, we know already that left wing lunatics are not very imaginative. that's why you voted him into office in the first place.

But here's the thing...this comes up when a democrat is sitting in the whitehouse, and seldom when a republican is there.

I'm all for transparency..and I'd like to see people with views different from mine, agree on this.

it does to you, though. obama has conveniently broken almost every campaign promise he made (gitmo, trnasparency, signing statements), and here you are defending him.

fail

hack
:eusa_shhh:

Hoping for your recovery, Foxbots.

Translation: "I can't handle a black president." 180 degrees, 100% wrong. NBPP: IDIOCY< dittohead. Change the channel...

which explains why we're trying to put a black guy into the Wh.. donut?

you logic passes through yer rectom huh?

I agree, partisanship and partisan stupidity are most certainly not confined to the Democratic side. And this thread may even have been posted for stupid partisan reasons, although the OP is not one of the usual suspects.

That however changes nothing. Note it and pass on. The Obama Justice Department is still doing wrong here, and should still be called on it. And we on the left should not be defending it. We should, on the contrary, be the first ones to cry foul.

apparently, he thinks that it's just fine to lie when it suits his purposes.

hope and change, change and hope, i am not a crook.

"There are two problems with the Obama proposal to allow federal officials to affirmatively assert that a requested document doesn't exist when it does. First, by not citing a specific exemption allowed under the FOIA as grounds for denying a request, the proposal would cut off a requestor from appealing to the courts. By thus creating an area of federal activity that is completely exempt from judicial review, the proposal undercuts due process and other constitutional protections. Second, by creating a justification for government lying to FOIA requestors in one area, a legal precedent is created that sooner or later will be asserted by the government in other areas as well."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: On FOIA, Obama wants a license to lie | Examiner Editorial | Editorials | Washington Examiner

the ACLU and others are fighting this.

let's hope they win.

Obama is trying to help the country. Republicans are trying to bring it down in the hopes it harms him. Republicans - Party first. Everyone else - country first.
My gawd! You really DO masturbate to a life sized poster of Obama.

Prolly be better off with a Michele blow-up doll.

I agree, partisanship and partisan stupidity are most certainly not confined to the Democratic side. And this thread may even have been posted for stupid partisan reasons, although the OP is not one of the usual suspects.

That however changes nothing. Note it and pass on. The Obama Justice Department is still doing wrong here, and should still be called on it. And we on the left should not be defending it. We should, on the contrary, be the first ones to cry foul.

I was outraged when Obama signed a bill renewing the patriot act..and I think this is wrong. However, it's laughable when the same elements that overlooked Bush's fuck ups are "now" paying attention.

well, we know already that left wing lunatics are not very imaginative. that's why you voted him into office in the first place.

I'll tell you what Willowtree when you demonstrate the ability to construct a complex compound sentence you may address my pineal gland's capacity. Until then please refrain from spraying your spew in my direction you pathetic sad little criton.

it does to you, though. obama has conveniently broken almost every campaign promise he made (gitmo, trnasparency, signing statements), and here you are defending him.

fail

hack
:eusa_shhh:

I ain't defending him. I am damning you. Big difference emu. :lol:

I was outraged when Obama signed a bill renewing the patriot act..and I think this is wrong. However, it's laughable when the same elements that overlooked Bush's fuck ups are "now" paying attention.

i am not an element, and i didn't overlook bush's fuck ups.

why don't you try addressing the issue instead of trying out for a role in the wizard of oz?

i doubt that you can dance as well as ray bolger, and all that straw must get itchy.

I'll tell you what Willowtree when you demonstrate the ability to construct a complex compound sentence you may address my pineal gland's capacity. Until then please refrain from spraying your spew in my direction you pathetic sad little criton.

that's just tough shit for you kukukiki,, don't it chap your ass that you can't make me shut up? you only hope is to place me on ignore. and as a side note, I so sorry you can't prove my statement wrong. hell he told you what he was going to do and you couldn't "imagine" him doing it so you voted his sorry ass into office.. that's the truth of the situation.

"There are two problems with the Obama proposal to allow federal officials to affirmatively assert that a requested document doesn't exist when it does. First, by not citing a specific exemption allowed under the FOIA as grounds for denying a request, the proposal would cut off a requestor from appealing to the courts. By thus creating an area of federal activity that is completely exempt from judicial review, the proposal undercuts due process and other constitutional protections. Second, by creating a justification for government lying to FOIA requestors in one area, a legal precedent is created that sooner or later will be asserted by the government in other areas as well."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: On FOIA, Obama wants a license to lie | Examiner Editorial | Editorials | Washington Examiner

let's hope they win.

But but but...

I've been told by so many people here, so many times, that the ACLU doesn't go after liberals???? :confused:

let's hope they win.

But but but...

I've been told by so many people here, so many times, that the ACLU doesn't go after liberals???? :confused:

i came here for the waters...

Forum List

Back