Obama is the new nixon- all glory to manifold, blessed be his name, for noticing

...problems with the Obama proposal to allow federal officials to affirmatively assert that a requested document doesn't exist when it does.

Yea, that's a bad one. Oddly and despite the two men being fundamentally dissimilar politically, Nixon and Obama are alike in so many ways:
  1. Economy - Both faced an economic downturn. Nixon faced an economy strained under record deficits, runaway spending on elective and unpopular overseas wars, and new entitlements (Medicare and Medicaid). Sound familiar?
  2. War Mongering - Both escalated overseas wars
  3. Pre-Presidential Careers - Both were self made lawyers
  4. The Drug War - Nixon codified the drug war with the Controlled Substances Act of 1970; Obama, despite running on a promise of less drug enforcement, continues his predecessor's funding of the war on drugs while upping federal raids on medical marijuana dispensaries.
  5. Ineffective and Costly Regulation - Both signed major legislation requiring lenders to write their customer contracts in clear language...but I'm sure it will work this time???
  6. Cronyism - Nixon created the money losing government controlled Amtrak; Obama and his Amtrak loving VP threw even more money down the stimulus sinkhole...and Obama wants even more money losing trains!
  7. Economic Meddling - Nixon gave us wage-and-price controls. The 21st century version was Bush's TARP, which was appended in 2010 by Obama's financial regulatory reform, dictating what products, rates, and fees the government allows the consumer finance industry to offer.

For two Presidents supposed to be at radically different ends of the political spectrum, there sure are a lot of similarities. Perhaps the Libertarians were right all along and America is really a one-party country. Half of it is called Republican and half is called Democrat.

I'm in complete agreement; this is Nixonesque, and the ACLU should succeed in this suit.

It's not the only area where Obama's running of the government has run afoul of his rhetoric and progressive image, either. Consider his handling of the wars and of Guantanamo. I suspect the defense of him on this thread by liberals is purely partisan and due to the reflexive (and incorrect) belief that any criticism of Obama amounts to a promotion of Cain/Romney/Whoever in next year's election. Not so. This will not stop me from voting for Obama next year, but it is certainly cause for concern, along with the other things.

That sort of thing, as well as the failure of the legislative process, is why the insurgency on the left has turned to protest instead of focusing on electoral politics.

But here's the thing...this comes up when a democrat is sitting in the whitehouse, and seldom when a republican is there.

I'm all for transparency..and I'd like to see people with views different from mine, agree on this.

It should make no difference who is president.

This is because Republicans are known to shoot from the hip and ask questions/give answers later imo.

After the deed they move towards defining the deed's legalities and if they are hghly confronted they simply use the DOJ (and other methods) to grease their path to closure. It seems to work well for them.

The Democrats are the ones who attempt legislation to delimit and then run with the extended powers of the just created legislative deliminator. This does not seem to do so well for them.

Moonie dittoheads- fact free bS...

An emotionally based ad hominem attack from a lefty...shocking!

But oh the irony is delicious, isn't it? You whine about a lack of facts with an ad hominem attack lacking any facts, logic or reason. :clap2: Keep it up, it's amusing.

Hoping for your recovery, Foxbots.

Translation: "I can't handle a black president." 180 degrees, 100% wrong. NBPP: IDIOCY< dittohead. Change the channel...

Translation, asswipe - I CAN handle a black President. Herman Cain is the man, the next President. And I hope he asks Condy Rice and/or JC Watts to be the Vice Prez. Michael Steele wouldn't be bad either.

Stick that in your bong and toke it, you racing bating dumb fuck.

"And you brainwashed racists are the new brainwashed Nazis...." Do have links to anything but Rev. Moons propaganda rags? Idiocy.

"which explains why we're trying to put a black guy into the Wh.. donut?"

You mean the Koch Bros. shill, the talking radio head, the Pizza failure 18 years ago? Rove and the elite have turned on him, but you can always SAY that. Oh, they didn't report that at Rev. Moon's? LOL! Anyway, only half the Pub dupes are racist- the ones who believe Obama is a Muslim Kenyan Marxist Nixon (!). ACORN stole the election, or the NBPP was anything but Fox BS propaganda. Hoping for your recovery...CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

BTW, my grammar is so good I'm WAY past your ignorantt sniping- the Hotchkiss School 1969 was FAMOUS for its grammar boot camp- boy did that suq lol.. But your secretarial skills ARE above mine. If you have any questions just ask...

lead paint chips are not a snack food

Here's (de) Franco as the lead man, right before his sex change operation[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gggcZvvZLeo]Heartbeat, Its a Lovebeat- Defranco Family - YouTube[/ame]

Brainwashed Moonies have some talking points, and no more...

Nixon was a paranoid sociopath character assassin....Had a secret plan to get elected...cost ANOTHER 20k dead...any similarity to the smooth compromiser is pure brainwash.

Last edited:
Brainwashed Moonies have some talking points, and no more...

Nixon was a paranoid sociopath character assassin....Had a secret plan to get elected...cost ANOTHER 20k dead...any similarity to the smooth compromiser is pure brainwash.

The Obama Administration/Department of Justice are creating rules/regulations allowing them to lie to the people (though politicians both republicans and democrats lying is nothing new). A key part of Obama's platform was more transparency and its clear from the get go that hes committed to less. Im not a big critic of Obama but you must admit what he campaigned on and what he is doing now, at least in respect to government transparency, are two very different things.

Lanny Brewer just admitted that he misled Congress...the sharks are starting to circle on Eric Holder's Department of Justice and ole Eric's doing a Roy Schneider in Jaws thing, climbing up the rigging as his boat takes on water. If Holder and Obama weren't "bestest" buddies he would have been gone months ago.

apparently, he thinks that it's just fine to lie when it suits his purposes.

hope and change, change and hope, i am not a crook.

"There are two problems with the Obama proposal to allow federal officials to affirmatively assert that a requested document doesn't exist when it does. First, by not citing a specific exemption allowed under the FOIA as grounds for denying a request, the proposal would cut off a requestor from appealing to the courts. By thus creating an area of federal activity that is completely exempt from judicial review, the proposal undercuts due process and other constitutional protections. Second, by creating a justification for government lying to FOIA requestors in one area, a legal precedent is created that sooner or later will be asserted by the government in other areas as well."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: On FOIA, Obama wants a license to lie | Examiner Editorial | Editorials | Washington Examiner

the ACLU and others are fighting this.

let's hope they win.

This situation pisses me off as much as Bush and his stupid patriot act (which is still here just like I said it would be as the govt never gives back power once it gets it).

We can't let the government have this...its not a left VS right issue its a People VS Govt issue

apparently, he thinks that it's just fine to lie when it suits his purposes.

hope and change, change and hope, i am not a crook.

"There are two problems with the Obama proposal to allow federal officials to affirmatively assert that a requested document doesn't exist when it does. First, by not citing a specific exemption allowed under the FOIA as grounds for denying a request, the proposal would cut off a requestor from appealing to the courts. By thus creating an area of federal activity that is completely exempt from judicial review, the proposal undercuts due process and other constitutional protections. Second, by creating a justification for government lying to FOIA requestors in one area, a legal precedent is created that sooner or later will be asserted by the government in other areas as well."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: On FOIA, Obama wants a license to lie | Examiner Editorial | Editorials | Washington Examiner

the ACLU and others are fighting this.

let's hope they win.

This situation pisses me off as much as Bush and his stupid patriot act (which is still here just like I said it would be as the govt never gives back power once it gets it).

We can't let the government have this...its not a left VS right issue its a People VS Govt issue
Exactly. The government NEVER gives back power. Ever.

Just like a check valve.

Moonie dittoheads now. If you listen to Rev Moon's Examiner, you are morons. Or the Times. What idiots...hoping your recovery!

Last edited:
Moonie dittoheads now. If you listen to Rev Moon's Examiner, you are morons. Or the Times. What idiots...hoping your recovery!

you should really have your meds adjusted; clearly the time you spent being deprogrammed has had a deleterious effect on you.

vaya con dios

Forum List

Back