obama is right about the mosque.

you know people keep on forgetting that Muslims died on 9/11 too. and there Muslims firefighters on the scene helping people when the twin towers got knocked down. so Muslims suffered on this day as well.

and like many American Muslims like myself I hated what al qaida did on that day. it disgusts me that they thought what they were doing was an act of greatness.

if Christians and Jews are allowed to build their places of worship near ground zero why aren't Muslims allowed to? just because a couple of whack jobs decided to fly planes into the towers does that mean all Muslims are like that?

We have a right just like any other American to build our places of worship where we like just like other people of faith do.

that's what makes people from all over the world come to this nations because of the religious freedom that is here.

You have left out the fact that many Muslims (some of those very fire fighters) are against the building of this mosque.

As for your statement about a Christian Church I do not see a lot of people going to bat for St. Nicholas Church. It is getting very little coverage. The funny thing about this church is it was already there when it happened.

Most of us know that some Muslims died on 9/11 along with Christians and Jews. To even bring that up to me is irrelevant. The significant number that everyone focuses on is that ALL of the terrorist were MUSLIM. It was also done in the name of the Muslim religion.

How can a small number of criminals claiming to be acting in the name of a certain religion have the power to criminalize the entire religion?

The same thing happens to Christians. However, the Muslims will end up proving us to be fools if they are able to build that "mask" there. Obama has it as a part of His agenda I am pretty sure.

you know people keep on forgetting that Muslims died on 9/11 too. and there Muslims firefighters on the scene helping people when the twin towers got knocked down. so Muslims suffered on this day as well.

and like many American Muslims like myself I hated what al qaida did on that day. it disgusts me that they thought what they were doing was an act of greatness.

if Christians and Jews are allowed to build their places of worship near ground zero why aren't Muslims allowed to? just because a couple of whack jobs decided to fly planes into the towers does that mean all Muslims are like that?

We have a right just like any other American to build our places of worship where we like just like other people of faith do.

that's what makes people from all over the world come to this nations because of the religious freedom that is here.

You have left out the fact that many Muslims (some of those very fire fighters) are against the building of this mosque.

As for your statement about a Christian Church I do not see a lot of people going to bat for St. Nicholas Church. It is getting very little coverage. The funny thing about this church is it was already there when it happened.

Most of us know that some Muslims died on 9/11 along with Christians and Jews. To even bring that up to me is irrelevant. The significant number that everyone focuses on is that ALL of the terrorist were MUSLIM. It was also done in the name of the Muslim religion.

How can a small number of criminals claiming to be acting in the name of a certain religion have the power to criminalize the entire religion?

You are the one criminalizing the whole religion. I merely stated the fact everyone of the terrorist were Muslims. It was done in the name of the Muslim religion. The major of the defense for building this facility that I have seen on here is that you would not react the same way if it was a Christian or Jewish facility.

I am not against the Muslim religion. I can say for a fact that if there was a sect of the Christian religion that was operating the way the (radical) Muslims are acting they would be done away with quickly. Ruby Ridge and the Branch Davidians (David Koresh) are two prime examples. I do not see other Muslims removing the minority (radicals) the way we do with the Christian (Radicals). I also do not remember Christians or Jews dancing in the streets when we bombed Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

How about this???????????????/

How about we have them build this mosque right at the base or on the top of the Freedom Tower???

untitled-13.jpg

Would THAT make the multiculturalist PC k00ks all happy then?????

Obama is correct:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

and, the 14th Amendments Due Process Clause prohibits state and local governments from depriving people (individual and corporate) of life, liberty, or property without certain steps being taken. This clause has been used to make most of the Bill of Rights applicable to the states, as well as to recognize substantive rights and procedural rights.

Obama is correct:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

and, the 14th Amendments Due Process Clause prohibits state and local governments from depriving people (individual and corporate) of life, liberty, or property without certain steps being taken. This clause has been used to make most of the Bill of Rights applicable to the states, as well as to recognize substantive rights and procedural rights.

They are still assholes. big old assholes

Obama is correct:

Well said WT. You must believe all Christians are assholes two. A Christian killed medical doctor and his nurse and also people attending the Atlanta Olympics; and a Christian went into a church and killed a doctor. Assholes, the president should make it clear no Christian ever owns, has in his or her possession, custody or control any firearm - they are all killers.

Obama is correct:

Well said WT. You must believe all Christians are assholes two. A Christian killed medical doctor and his nurse and also people attending the Atlanta Olympics; and a Christian went into a church and killed a doctor. Assholes, the president should make it clear no Christian ever owns, has in his or her possession, custody or control any firearm - they are all killers.

s0n...........time to change that Ronald Reagan signature.............its laughable.

Its 2010 s0n..........theres a whole new reality where deficits are concerned, or did you miss a few meetings???

Obama is correct:

For the umpteenth time, no one is saying they don't have the right, no one is saying they can't practice their religion, no one is saying they don't have free speech. We are saying that they should consider how American's view this and are reacting to this mosque being built in the shadows of WTC and that they reconsider the location. Reconsider the location in light of 9/11. What part of this don't you get?

Obama is correct:

For the umpteenth time, no one is saying they don't have the right, no one is saying they can't practice their religion, no one is saying they don't have free speech. We are saying that they should consider how American's view this and are reacting to this mosque being built in the shadows of WTC and that they reconsider the location. Reconsider the location in light of 9/11. What part of this don't you get?

indeed.............the k00ks frequently need a left to the kisser for the convincer......:lol:............:lol:

mosque.jpg

it's so rare that i agree with anything from the president of obama, but i have to agre with what he said about the mosque, he has it right. i don't know if there are people who still think that it's a legal issue.
they could claim it as urban blight and drive them out of the neighborhood, like how the new york times (benedict arnold gazzette) got their building. the new eminet domain. it would be wrong. that having been said, the new mosque will always be a target for stupid people. it will always have spraypaint on it and it will make the neighborhood a lot less safe.
they have every right to build on private property, whatever they like.
is it poor judgement? yes it is. a show of sensitivity would endear the islamic faith, more than would the act of flying in the face of 911, and upseting the bulk of the population.
there are ways to compromise, the longer they try to do it against the will of the people, the more it looks as if their motives may be intentioally provocative.
actually that captures the direction and sprit of obama's governing style, there's an analogy for you.

Sorry but Obama is wrong and so are you. They only have a right to PROPOSE its construction but the people of New York have the absolute right to REJECT the construction of it at this particular site and insist they build it even a few blocks away. Freedom of religion NEVER comes with an additional right to build a house of worship on a particular parcel of land. Freedom of religion doesn't come with a blanket building permit for wherever those of any religion just feel like building. And that is true for ALL, not just Muslims.

This is no different from when Catholic nuns wanted to build a convent adjoining Auschwitz and were rejected. That plan caused worldwide OUTRAGE but particularly among Jews. Even after the nuns explained they wanted to open a "community" house of prayer and meditation so others could pray and contemplate the atrocities that took place there and wanted it seen as a gesture of religious tolerance, it didn't make a dent in the objections that came in from around the world -and it didn't soothe the sensitivities of Jews one bit either who refused to back down from their objections to it being built at THAT location instead of another one. The nuns then changed their plans and built their convent several miles away and there were zero objections to their second choice for construction and the story immediately died. THAT is religious tolerance -it is NOT demanding those who would be most offended by the construction of a building they view as an insult to them to just STFU and take it in the shorts again by people of the same religion as those who committed the atrocity at that site in the first place. It is the Muslims involved in this who are showing their utter INTOLERANCE, not those whose sensitivities are being trampled on and totally ignored. These same people wouldn't have any objection if the mosque were built just a few blocks away -it is the SITE they object to, NOT the religion. I am tired of people insisting it is the victims who must show "tolerance" here when in fact that is actually nothing but a demand to lay down and play victim some more.

Were Catholics being oppressed by the rejection of the public to their proposed building at Auschwitz? Are you kidding? NO they weren't. And if Rabbi "Anybody" proposed building a temple at the base of Mount Rushmore and was rejected -or even wanted to build a temple at the corner of Main and 5th St. and was rejected - it wouldn't be oppressing Judaism either. Freedom of religion NEVER comes with a right to build on a particular piece of property. NEVER

Manhattan doesn't belong to a king who gets to decide this and our laws do NOT obligate us to allow the construction of this mosque. Manhattan belongs to the PEOPLE OF NEW YORK and they overwhelmingly object to the construction of a mosque at THAT particular location. They don't object to it being built in ANY location -just THIS one. As is THEIR RIGHT as well. NO ONE can explain how Muslims would be harmed by having to build their mosque somewhere else instead of this particular piece of property -because they would NOT be harmed by having to build their mosque even a few blocks away. Without evidence of being harmed by having to build elsewhere, there is NO violation here.

Given the mass murder that was carried out by ONLY Muslims, the fact that it is Muslim tradition to build a mosque at the site of important events and VICTORIES whenever possible - the proposed construction of a mosque that will be used ONLY by Muslims and for the sole benefit of ONLY Muslims isn't just an insensitive slap in the face. It isn't just another ho-hum mosque/church/temple being built somewhere in the city so who-cares type of thing going on here.

A mosque at THIS particular site of all possible sites a mosque could be built in the city is intended to be a tribute to the mass murderers who carried out 9/11 -no matter what the man behind its proposal says publicly. And worst of all, it ABSOLUTELY would be seen as such by Muslims around the world. Even the proposal of a mosque at this particular site is an OBSCENITY.

Obama is correct:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

That kind of means for any reason.

Now explain to me how a building that does not currently exist can infringe upon this

prohibiting the free exercise thereof

First off there is no law that states they are not allowed to worship Islam in this area. Second there is no one saying they do not have the right to build this community center/ mosque.

People are only saying it is in bad taste and many feel it is disrespectful. Just because the constitution protects them does not mean every American should think it is the right thing to do or even agree that it should go up. The constitution allows the KKK and Black Panthers to speak their minds but it does not mean I have to agree with them.

Well, let's compromise. We still have freedom of religion, But, on the other hand, Islam attacked the US on 9/11. FACT. SO?…were do ya go with that? Obama thinks Islam is like ANY other religion and all. Stretching this just a tad bit, I’d say. What other religion attacked the US?

Why let the ONLY religion that ever attacked America build a religious shrine next door were they coincidentally just slaughtered 3000 Americans? That is really sensitive to us AMERICANS, Obama! What do YOU care about US?

Why let the ONLY religion that ever attacked America build a religious shrine next door were they coincidentally just slaughtered 3000 Americans? That is really sensitive to us AMERICANS, Obama! What do YOU care about US?
because our constitution prohibits the government from restricting religion
and i'd like to keep it that way

for fucks sake, they can build whatever they want. they are fuckin assholes for doing so though.

how are they a-holes for doing so?

people are such hypocrites if this was a church or synagogue we wouldn't even know about it. but since it's a mosque Muslims are being insensitive?

Imagine Timothy McVeigh's family erecting a memorial statue of him on ground they may own next to the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. Is it their right if they own the land? Sure it is—should they because they can? No, it would be a constant painful reminder and a slap in the face to survivors.

The men who committed the horrid acts of 9-11 claim to follow the same faith and the planned some of their attack in a Mosque which was just closed by the Germans.

German 9/11 mosque closed - Telegraph

The Mosque on/by ground Zero will serve as a constant reminder, just as a statue of McVeigh would next to the Murrah building.

Last edited:
"The people over there" aren't building the Center. People like nia are.

"the people over there" are the ones with the bad attitude.....and there lies the difference....figure it out.....and you might realise what i meant in the post....throwing a little gas on a smoldering ember is not going to be a very helpful thing to do....and if the "builders" cant see that,and STILL build.....then they are making their own bed.....i sure as hell wont feel sorry for them if and when the crazy people in that area react to this building....

I don't think the Constitution allows it's destruction by religious hate or fascism, friend. Not seeing that. Clue me in here. Obama and you are missing the point, bigtime.

I don't think the Constitution allows it's destruction by religious hate or fascism, friend. Not seeing that. Clue me in here. Obama and you are missing the point, bigtime.
so, you'd have no problems with losing that first amendment protections for your church?

Forum List

Back