Obama IS NOT helping the economy to recover, he is slowing its growth.

if it needs to borrow to stay afloat...yes...it should fail for its business model is flawed or it would have the capital to stay afloat when times are lean.

It simply means it will ultimately fail with even MORE debt if it borrows to stay afloat
If it needs to borrow to expand....then yes...it should borrow.

I was against the GM bailout. It was unfair to Ford who had a soloid business model.

GM blew it and it was rewarded.

Okay, so what should Obama have done for small businesses, in your opinion?

Day one he should have told them thatthe Bush Tax Cuts woulkd be extended to all.

He should not have cherry picked who got stimulus money.....for any small business trying to compete with another small business that got money had no shot in hell. The stimulus should never have been instituted.

He should have announced on day one that the whole cap and trade thing will not pass under his watch....

He should have thanked all business owners for their perseverence and hard work...not viliified them.

He should have done one of two things....either wait until next term to pass healthcare...or allowed business owners to know exactly what it will cost them...something many of them still cant figure out and wont be able to figure out for 2 more years.

Thats a start.

He extended the Bush tax cuts

That is part of being a democrat. Therefore, there are two sides to the issue.

The private sector saw an increase of 2.5 million jobs under the stimulus.

Villified them? That is complete hyperbole.

You may have a point about the healthcare bill.

It affects small businesses, sure.

That's where most jobs originate unless your flipping burgers.

True, but Obama has done a lot for small businesses:

1) He extended loan programs for small businesses.

2) He established an initiative for small businesses in rural areas.

3) He was half successful in trying to eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses.

4) Create a $3000 tax credit for businesses adding jobs

5) Raise the small business investment expensing limit to a quarter of a million.

Obama is screwing small business, their job creation & innovation. He is in bed with unions & the big business who employ them. He hates small business because they tend to be non union & harder for the IRS to track tax revenue.

That's where most jobs originate unless your flipping burgers.

3) He was half successful in trying to eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses.

5) Raise the small business investment expensing limit to a quarter of a million.

Obama is screwing small business, their job creation & innovation. He is in bed with unions & the big business who employ them. He hates small business because they tend to be non union & harder for the IRS to track tax revenue.

The thing about biased sources is basically this: "That may be true, but so is this..."

Therefore, I don't take sources like that seriously.

Okay, so what should Obama have done for small businesses, in your opinion?

Day one he should have told them thatthe Bush Tax Cuts woulkd be extended to all.

He should not have cherry picked who got stimulus money.....for any small business trying to compete with another small business that got money had no shot in hell. The stimulus should never have been instituted.

He should have announced on day one that the whole cap and trade thing will not pass under his watch....

He should have thanked all business owners for their perseverence and hard work...not viliified them.

He should have done one of two things....either wait until next term to pass healthcare...or allowed business owners to know exactly what it will cost them...something many of them still cant figure out and wont be able to figure out for 2 more years.

Thats a start.

Yes...he fianlly did...but didnt agree to do it for the business owners until the last minute....and low and behold....jobs are starting to be created.

Yet there are 1.8 million jobs less than when the stiumulus was passed. I explained how that happened in an earlier post. Many companies went OOB becuase they could not compete with companies that got stimulus money...and the companies that got that money hired some of those same people that lost jobs when the conmpetitor went under

yes..he villifed them. Have you EVER heard him talk about the great financial risk one takes when they start a business....when they hire an employee.....did he EVER mention that the last TWO employers of record of an unemployed individual contribute to their unemployment benefits....But we have heard the words "greedy" and "fat cats" and "unethical" come out of his mouth when referring to business owners.

And the same point holds true about cap and trade.

The thing about biased sources is basically this: "That may be true, but so is this..."

Therefore, I don't take sources like that seriously.

My sources are my clients.

I am their business planner/human resource solutions consultant.

I know what held them back for the first two years of Obama's tenure..

And I know why some are loosening up now and doing what they can to hire.

Many of them aren't against Obama...many like his social initiatives.

But NONE of them feel good about him as it pertains to their business.

Not a single one of them does.

Thats a start.

Yes...he fianlly did...but didnt agree to do it for the business owners until the last minute....and low and behold....jobs are starting to be created.

Yet there are 1.8 million jobs less than when the stiumulus was passed. I explained how that happened in an earlier post. Many companies went OOB becuase they could not compete with companies that got stimulus money...and the companies that got that money hired some of those same people that lost jobs when the conmpetitor went under

yes..he villifed them. Have you EVER heard him talk about the great financial risk one takes when they start a business....when they hire an employee.....did he EVER mention that the last TWO employers of record of an unemployed individual contribute to their unemployment benefits....But we have heard the words "greedy" and "fat cats" and "unethical" come out of his mouth when referring to business owners.

Is he not right about the risk of starting a business?

Is he not right about the risk of starting a business?

is who not right about the risk of starting a business?

My sources are my clients.

I am their business planner/human resource solutions consultant.

I know what held them back for the first two years of Obama's tenure..

And I know why some are loosening up now and doing what they can to hire.Many of them aren't against Obama...many like his social initiatives.

But NONE of them feel good about him as it pertains to their business.

Not a single one of them does.

Why is that?

Starting a business has some risks....you can eliminate most of them with a sound business plan....but you can not control things like weather, natural disasters, and other factors that may affect you at the most critical time...your first year.

But even if you have a sound business plan...and one that allows for the survival of a slow time.....a business owner can not predict what congress and the President may decide...

Thus why we (bunsiness owners) get really pissed off at inititaitves that are brought up in congress and addressed for years...for it doesnt allow us to forecast properly..

Like cap and trade. Will it happen? Who knows. Can it? Hell yeah...there is already an exchange ready to go to handle it...Will it affect cmpanies? Heck...hundreds iof not thousands will go under within a year....

So as a result....many are assuming it will go through and thus are amassing as much capital as possible now to use to buy its carbon shares when it passes......and all at the expense of growing now.

And if it doesnt pass?

Then they wilkl grow when word comes out that it will not pass...

Until then?

Wait, see and hoard cash.

OK...then you can relate....

One of my clients was hit with a new local ordnance regarding loading bay width.

Apprarently, some worker at some other company did not follow loading bay rules and tried to walk around the far side of a truck that had little clearance from the wall to the side mirror....he nerly took his entire nose off....for the truck mirror was damaged and sharp.

So the local legislator pushed for a new regulation adding 6 inches to the width of a loading bay.....and it was instituted.

My client had 12 months to comply wioth the new regulation.....and as you know.....it is pretty expensive to have to widen a loading bay.....

He did it at a cost of over 75K.....during a year where his profits barely allowed him his basic s-corp salary of 1K per week...and NO distributions...so he was forced toactually spend an extra 75K in a year where he took home only 52K...

Ya think he wanted to hire new people?
Local ordinances have nothing to do with Obama.

If he was renting he could have relocated and avoided the whole thing.

I didnt say it had anything to do with Obama.
I was talking about how regulations have an adverse affect on cpompanies desire to grow.

He owned.

If he had rented he was beholden to a legal contract known as a lease....and he could not have simply moved...and it wopuldnt have been his responsibility to expand the loading bay...such would be the responsibility of the property owner per conditions in the lease.

I am confused...you are an employer who just gave 10% raises to all of your employees...but you are not aware of the legal obligations of a lease and who would be responsible for the adherence to local ordanances?

How is that possible? Whether you own or lease, ANY business owner with a warehouse would know who is repsponsible for what as it pertains to physical property legally required alterations.
If he had twelve months to do it and he was leasing he could have easily relocated.

Starting a business has some risks....you can eliminate most of them with a sound business plan....but you can not control things like weather, natural disasters, and other factors that may affect you at the most critical time...your first year.

But even if you have a sound business plan...and one that allows for the survival of a slow time.....a business owner can not predict what congress and the President may decide...

Thus why we (bunsiness owners) get really pissed off at inititaitves that are brought up in congress and addressed for years...for it doesnt allow us to forecast properly..

Like cap and trade. Will it happen? Who knows. Can it? Hell yeah...there is already an exchange ready to go to handle it...Will it affect cmpanies? Heck...hundreds iof not thousands will go under within a year....

So as a result....many are assuming it will go through and thus are amassing as much capital as possible now to use to buy its carbon shares when it passes......and all at the expense of growing now.

And if it doesnt pass?

Then they wilkl grow when word comes out that it will not pass...

Until then?

Wait, see and hoard cash.

But you said your clients were loosening up and starting to hire again. That means the economical outlook is good?

Unemployment rates are a lagging economic indicator. If your clients are starting to hire again, that means recovery has been happening for a number of months now.

It is slowly recovering on its own despite Obamas policies and business crunching regulations. I am very glad it is coming around but I just wish we could vote Obama out now to expedite the process.

My prediction is that if Obama loses the election growth will double the current snails pace its growing at. In fact I bet upon the news alone that he loses the election we will start seeing firms hire and invest exponentially.

Do regulations curtail job growth? | Decisions Based on Evidence

...the number of layoffs nationwide caused by government regulation is minuscule and shows no evidence of getting worse during the Obama administration. Lack of demand for business products and services is vastly more important.

So sueing companies like Boeing because they want to build in a state his "friends" don't control is not hurting job growth? Or regulating farm dust or putting light bulb companies out of business or stopping oil drilling for so long all the platforms went to other countries instead of waiting or any other numerous stupid decision he has made.

how about the forced closing of all those automobile dealerships. He actually stole people's livelihood..

So say those that ruined it.

Democrats took over after 2006. And yes they did a mighty fine job driving us into the ditch.

If Bush/Cheney were doing such outstanding employment numbers where did those jobs go?

Was it a repeat performance of RINO REPUB bank fraud under Bush/Cheney that wrecked the economy then the job market?

I thought congress was responsible like you guys claim they are now? Make up your minds.

So sueing companies like Boeing because they want to build in a state his "friends" don't control is not hurting job growth? Or regulating farm dust or putting light bulb companies out of business or stopping oil drilling for so long all the platforms went to other countries instead of waiting or any other numerous stupid decision he has made.

how about the forced closing of all those automobile dealerships. He actually stole people's livelihood..

Dealers for the most part aren't union employees hence he didn't care.

It is slowly recovering on its own despite Obamas policies and business crunching regulations. I am very glad it is coming around but I just wish we could vote Obama out now to expedite the process.

My prediction is that if Obama loses the election growth will double the current snails pace its growing at. In fact I bet upon the news alone that he loses the election we will start seeing firms hire and invest exponentially.

It would probably help if supposed business owners would actually work instead of posting on internet message boards. But feel free to continue blaming Obama for your failures.

The new GOP/wingnut talking point, now that blaming the bad economy on Obama isn't going to work anymore:

the economy is recovering in spite of Obama, not because of him.

This is about the 4th time I've heard this today already...

It would probably help if supposed business owners would actually work instead of posting on internet message boards. But feel free to continue blaming Obama for your failures.

Useless dribble from a useless skank

Useless dribble from a useless skank

Looks like Grandpa has reached the age where he has no use for a woman.

Try the pills.

Forum List

Back