Obama IS NOT helping the economy to recover, he is slowing its growth.

The thing people forget, American workers even without unions will never work for what someone in Indonesia will work for. ;)
The one thing we need to do, is not cater to corporations who make their product overseas. You want factory jobs back, that is the only way that will happen.

If you read the article, it also says that Republicans try to perpetuate the myth about the uncertainty businesses face due to regulations.

It is not a myth.

It is real.

It is basic business logic.

You do not make business moves if you can not accurately forecast.

Sort of business planning 101.

It affects small businesses, sure.

That's where most jobs originate unless your flipping burgers.

He also had a hand in creating close to 3 million jobs.

he took my money and gave it to joe so joe can hire tom to do work that gary and his employee Zach would have done but wasnt allowed to do becuase Obama said he wanted Joe to do it with his new employee Tom.

So Gary and Zach lost their jobs and Tom got a job.

Thus why Obama "created" millions of jobs....but there are 1.8 million less people working now.

Are you not aware of how that happened?

Umm, okay, so why didn't Tom get the job if Joe wanted him? I do not understand what would be stopping him.
let me say it better...

Comapny A and COmpany B are both competing in a down economy and struggling...but surviving.

Comapny A gest stimulus money
Company B does not.

They both bid for a job.

Company A bids less and with less money down becuase it has more capital and wins the bid.

Compoany B now just lost a bid it was hoping for..becuase the stimulus gave its competition an unfair advantage.

Realizing this...company B closes its doors....laying off 50 people

Comapny A...with its new job AND with its competition out of the picture gets even more jobs...and hires 35 of those 50 people that were fired by B

So....50 jobs lost
35 jobs created.

The report....

35 jobs created.

What is not told to us....net 15 jobs lost.

That is why we see Obama created 3 million jobs....but there are 1.8 million less jobs than before.

If you read the article, it also says that Republicans try to perpetuate the myth about the uncertainty businesses face due to regulations.

It is not a myth.

It is real.

are you aware that in the Empire State Building.....there are hundreds of small businesses ON EACH FLOOR.

It is slowly recovering on its own despite Obamas policies and business crunching regulations. I am very glad it is coming around but I just wish we could vote Obama out now to expedite the process.

My prediction is that if Obama loses the election growth will double the current snails pace its growing at. In fact I bet upon the news alone that he loses the election we will start seeing firms hire and invest exponentially.

What regulations would those be?

I just gave all my employees a 10% raise and am looking seriously at renting another warehouse.

OK...then you can relate....

One of my clients was hit with a new local ordnance regarding loading bay width.

Apprarently, some worker at some other company did not follow loading bay rules and tried to walk around the far side of a truck that had little clearance from the wall to the side mirror....he nerly took his entire nose off....for the truck mirror was damaged and sharp.

So the local legislator pushed for a new regulation adding 6 inches to the width of a loading bay.....and it was instituted.

My client had 12 months to comply wioth the new regulation.....and as you know.....it is pretty expensive to have to widen a loading bay.....

He did it at a cost of over 75K.....during a year where his profits barely allowed him his basic s-corp salary of 1K per week...and NO distributions...so he was forced toactually spend an extra 75K in a year where he took home only 52K...

Ya think he wanted to hire new people?
Local ordinances have nothing to do with Obama.

If he was renting he could have relocated and avoided the whole thing.

It is not a myth.

It is real.

True, but Obama has done a lot for small businesses:

1) He extended loan programs for small businesses.

2) He established an initiative for small businesses in rural areas.

3) He was half successful in trying to eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses.

4) Create a $3000 tax credit for businesses adding jobs

5) Raise the small business investment expensing limit to a quarter of a million.

What regulations would those be?

I just gave all my employees a 10% raise and am looking seriously at renting another warehouse.

OK...then you can relate....

One of my clients was hit with a new local ordnance regarding loading bay width.

Apprarently, some worker at some other company did not follow loading bay rules and tried to walk around the far side of a truck that had little clearance from the wall to the side mirror....he nerly took his entire nose off....for the truck mirror was damaged and sharp.

So the local legislator pushed for a new regulation adding 6 inches to the width of a loading bay.....and it was instituted.

My client had 12 months to comply wioth the new regulation.....and as you know.....it is pretty expensive to have to widen a loading bay.....

He did it at a cost of over 75K.....during a year where his profits barely allowed him his basic s-corp salary of 1K per week...and NO distributions...so he was forced toactually spend an extra 75K in a year where he took home only 52K...

Ya think he wanted to hire new people?
Local ordinances have nothing to do with Obama.

If he was renting he could have relocated and avoided the whole thing.

I didnt say it had anything to do with Obama.
I was talking about how regulations have an adverse affect on cpompanies desire to grow.

He owned.

If he had rented he was beholden to a legal contract known as a lease....and he could not have simply moved...and it wopuldnt have been his responsibility to expand the loading bay...such would be the responsibility of the property owner per conditions in the lease.

I am confused...you are an employer who just gave 10% raises to all of your employees...but you are not aware of the legal obligations of a lease and who would be responsible for the adherence to local ordanances?

How is that possible? Whether you own or lease, ANY business owner with a warehouse would know who is repsponsible for what as it pertains to physical property legally required alterations.

It is slowly recovering on its own despite Obamas policies and business crunching regulations. I am very glad it is coming around but I just wish we could vote Obama out now to expedite the process.

My prediction is that if Obama loses the election growth will double the current snails pace its growing at. In fact I bet upon the news alone that he loses the election we will start seeing firms hire and invest exponentially.

So say those that ruined it.

3) He was half successful in trying to eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses.

5) Raise the small business investment expensing limit to a quarter of a million.

1. Banks aren't loaning regardless

2. Helped a couple farmers? Lol ok

3. Horseshoes and hand grenades

4. A one time tax credit does nothing to encourage hiring which cost tons over the long haul.

5. Republicans want to allow businesses to expense 100% in the first year.

So? What good is that? It is basic business 101 to not bnorrow to grow if the demand for your service or product is not there.

fluff...does nothing for businesses that need to be in urban areas.

what good is a tax credit if it is eliminated by additional costs due to regulations?

you need to be a business owner to understand intitiatives and what is fluff and what is otherwise.

They are also playing games with the Numbers, Bringing the unemployment number down by ignoring Millions that have fallen off the rolls and still do not have work. It's a sham, the real number is still well above 10%.

Democrats took over after 2006. And yes they did a mighty fine job driving us into the ditch.

Deregulation has cost the country tens of millions of jobs:

* The Reagan/Bush Savings and Loan Heist aka home loan scandal sent the economy out the window costing taxpayers many many $$ trillions (Cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion), Plus millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance.
The Bush family and the S&L (Savings and Loan) Scandal

* Bush/Cheney Home Loan Wall Street Bank Fraud cost consumers $ trillions, millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance. Exactly like the Reagan/Bush home loan scam. Déjà vu can we say. Yep seems to be a pattern.
What is the difference between a Ponzi scheme and a housing bubble? | Dollars & Sense

* Bush/Cheney implied more than ONLY 3 financial institutions instead of several were at risk so why $700 billion in bail out money? One of the biggest lies perpetrated to American citizens. Where did this money go? Why were some banks forced to take bail out money?
"Good Billions After Bad" - One Year After Wall Street Bailout, Pulitzer Winners Barlett and Steele Investigate Where All the Money Went

So? What good is that? It is basic business 101 to not bnorrow to grow if the demand for your service or product is not there.

what good is a tax credit if it is eliminated by additional costs due to regulations?

you need to be a business owner to understand intitiatives and what is fluff and what is otherwise.

What so if a business needs to borrow, they just should fail, huh?

Borrowing money does not create demand. Typical lib logic...

Democrats took over after 2006. And yes they did a mighty fine job driving us into the ditch.

If Bush/Cheney were doing such outstanding employment numbers where did those jobs go?

Was it a repeat performance of RINO REPUB bank fraud under Bush/Cheney that wrecked the economy then the job market?

if it needs to borrow to stay afloat...yes...it should fail for its business model is flawed or it would have the capital to stay afloat when times are lean.

It simply means it will ultimately fail with even MORE debt if it borrows to stay afloat
If it needs to borrow to expand....then yes...it should borrow.

I was against the GM bailout. It was unfair to Ford who had a soloid business model.

GM blew it and it was rewarded.

if it needs to borrow to stay afloat...yes...it should fail for its business model is flawed or it would have the capital to stay afloat when times are lean.

It simply means it will ultimately fail with even MORE debt if it borrows to stay afloat

I was against the GM bailout. It was unfair to Ford who had a soloid business model.

Okay, so what should Obama have done for small businesses, in your opinion?

Okay, so what should Obama have done for small businesses, in your opinion?

Day one he should have told them thatthe Bush Tax Cuts woulkd be extended to all.

He should not have cherry picked who got stimulus money.....for any small business trying to compete with another small business that got money had no shot in hell. The stimulus should never have been instituted.

He should have announced on day one that the whole cap and trade thing will not pass under his watch....

He should have thanked all business owners for their perseverence and hard work...not viliified them.

He should have done one of two things....either wait until next term to pass healthcare...or allowed business owners to know exactly what it will cost them...something many of them still cant figure out and wont be able to figure out for 2 more years.

Thats a start.

Forum List

Back