Obama IS NOT helping the economy to recover, he is slowing its growth.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
It is slowly recovering on its own despite Obamas policies and business crunching regulations. I am very glad it is coming around but I just wish we could vote Obama out now to expedite the process.

My prediction is that if Obama loses the election growth will double the current snails pace its growing at. In fact I bet upon the news alone that he loses the election we will start seeing firms hire and invest exponentially.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It is slowly recovering on its own despite Obamas policies and business crunching regulations. I am very glad it is coming around but I just wish we could vote Obama out now to expedite the process.

My prediction is that if Obama loses the election growth will double the current snails pace its growing at. In fact I bet upon the news alone that he loses the election we will start seeing firms hire and invest exponentially.

Do regulations curtail job growth? | Decisions Based on Evidence

...the number of layoffs nationwide caused by government regulation is minuscule and shows no evidence of getting worse during the Obama administration. Lack of demand for business products and services is vastly more important.

• Banned

...the number of layoffs nationwide caused by government regulation is minuscule and shows no evidence of getting worse during the Obama administration. Lack of demand for business products and services is vastly more important.

So sueing companies like Boeing because they want to build in a state his "friends" don't control is not hurting job growth? Or regulating farm dust or putting light bulb companies out of business or stopping oil drilling for so long all the platforms went to other countries instead of waiting or any other numerous stupid decision he has made.

So sueing companies like Boeing because they want to build in a state his "friends" don't control is not hurting job growth? Or regulating farm dust or putting light bulb companies out of business or stopping oil drilling for so long all the platforms went to other countries instead of waiting or any other numerous stupid decision he has made.

The point is, any economic growth that Obama is inhibiting is miniscule in comparison to other factors. Rather than blaming politicians, we need to blame the state of the market.

Nice quote and all...

But the concern was that regulations would curtail the hiring BACK of people already laid off....not result in further lay offs.

Companies had trimmed themselves down to the bare miunimum....no one was really looking at additional layoffs....with the exception of companies going out of business.

You quoted an article that does not at ALL address the issue of regulations costing employers money that they may otherwise invest back into the company so they can bring it back tot he size it was before the recession.

Nice quote and all...

But the concern was that regulations would curtail the hiring BACK of people already laid off....not result in further lay offs.

Companies had trimmed themselves down to the bare miunimum....no one was really looking at additional layoffs....with the exception of companies going out of business.

You quoted an article that does not at ALL address the issue of regulations costing employers money that they may otherwise invest back into the company so they can bring it back tot he size it was before the recession.

The quote doesn't, but the article itself does. It shows that it is a myth that regulations curtail job growth at any signficant level. This is according to a CONSERVATIVE economist and the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

• Banned

The point is, any economic growth that Obama is inhibiting is miniscule in comparison to other factors. Rather than blaming politicians, we need to blame the state of the market.

Maybe but he has had a hand in the demise of tens of thousands of jobs. Minuscule as that may be, explain that to those who have lost out because of him or his administration.

Let me ask you this question....

If you were about to open a lemon aid stand...and your business plan allowed for an 8% NET profit by the end of your 3rd year...but a large personal investment to start.....

But there was word coming from Washington that the EPA, with the Presidents blessing, was going to pass new regulations on the purchasing and use of lemons....nothing concrete....nothing for sure....just word going around....

Would you dive into the venture...or wait until you knew what the EPA was going to do?

Maybe but he has had a hand in the demise of tens of thousands of jobs. Minuscule as that may be, explain that to those who have lost out because of him or his administration.

He also had a hand in creating close to 3 million jobs.

Nice quote and all...

The quote doesn't, but the article itself does. It shows that it is a myth that regulations curtail job growth at any signficant level. This is according to a CONSERVATIVE economist and the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

any given regulation...perhaps not..

But knowing that there is a large influx of regulations...and many more to come?

It is that "concern for the unknown" that stymies economic growth.

Knowiung what the regulation is allows one to compensate..and move forward.

Not knowing what is to come and how much it will cost? That si what we are referring to..

And we have a regulation happy administration right now...that you cant deny.

Nonsense. He has invested in mostly failed enterprises. There are fewer jobs available now than there were before he took office. He may have helped "a specific" segment, mostly govt or unions but that's it.

What regulations would those be?

I just gave all my employees a 10% raise and am looking seriously at renting another warehouse.

Nice quote and all...

But knowing that there is a large influx of regulations...and many more to come?

Not knowing what is to come and how much it will cost? That si what we are referring to..

If you read the article, it also says that Republicans try to perpetuate the myth about the uncertainty businesses face due to regulations.

he took my money and gave it to joe so joe can hire tom to do work that gary and his employee Zach would have done but wasnt allowed to do becuase Obama said he wanted Joe to do it with his new employee Tom.

So Gary and Zach lost their jobs and Tom got a job.

Thus why Obama "created" millions of jobs....but there are 1.8 million less people working now.

Are you not aware of how that happened?

If you read the article, it also says that Republicans try to perpetuate the myth about the uncertainty businesses face due to regulations.

It is not a myth.

It is real.

It is basic business logic.

You do not make business moves if you can not accurately forecast.

Sort of business planning 101.

This is what the democrats did to jobs since they took office in January 2007. There is no jobs recovery. Just workers falling of the unemployment rolls. No jobs have been created. Just job loss as far as the eye can see.

fredgraph.png

he took my money and gave it to joe so joe can hire tom to do work that gary and his employee Zach would have done but wasnt allowed to do becuase Obama said he wanted Joe to do it with his new employee Tom.

So Gary and Zach lost their jobs and Tom got a job.

Thus why Obama "created" millions of jobs....but there are 1.8 million less people working now.

Are you not aware of how that happened?

Umm, okay, so why didn't Tom get the job if Joe wanted him? I do not understand what would be stopping him.

It is not a myth.

It is real.

It is basic business logic.

You do not make business moves if you can not accurately forecast.

Sort of business planning 101.

It affects small businesses, sure.

Nonsense. He has invested in mostly failed enterprises. There are fewer jobs available now than there were before he took office. He may have helped "a specific" segment, mostly govt or unions but that's it.

Untrue, he created 2.5 million private sector jobs under the stimulus.

What regulations would those be?

I just gave all my employees a 10% raise and am looking seriously at renting another warehouse.

OK...then you can relate....

One of my clients was hit with a new local ordnance regarding loading bay width.

Apprarently, some worker at some other company did not follow loading bay rules and tried to walk around the far side of a truck that had little clearance from the wall to the side mirror....he nerly took his entire nose off....for the truck mirror was damaged and sharp.

So the local legislator pushed for a new regulation adding 6 inches to the width of a loading bay.....and it was instituted.

My client had 12 months to comply wioth the new regulation.....and as you know.....it is pretty expensive to have to widen a loading bay.....

He did it at a cost of over 75K.....during a year where his profits barely allowed him his basic s-corp salary of 1K per week...and NO distributions...so he was forced toactually spend an extra 75K in a year where he took home only 52K...

Ya think he wanted to hire new people?

Forum List

Back