Obama is getting better

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Remember that promise to post all bills online for 5 days before signing them? And all the other promises about transparency Obama made?

Barack Obama "Public Will Have 5 Days To Look At Every Bill That Lands On My Desk" - YouTube!

He actually managed to get over 60% of the bills he signed online for 5 days this year, which is a massive improvement over the 5% his first year in office.

Last Thursday, January 19th, was the end of President Obama’s third year, so it’s time to review how he’s been doing with Sunlight Before Signing. It was the president’s first broken promise, and at the mid-point of the term he had popped just above 50% in his compliance.

How has he done in the ensuing year?

Well … meh.

Of the 90 bills that became law in the last year, 55 got the Sunlight Before Signing treatment. That’s a 61.1% average, good enough to earn a middle-school student a D.

Sunlight Before Signing, Year Three | Cato @ Liberty

I need to remember to point to this thread next time an Obamazombie says I never say anything good about Obama.

The Obama administration is doing the opposite by going to extraordinary lengths to keep the cost of $350 a bottle of wine secret. It SCREAMS HYPOCRISY after he campaigned on the promise of openness & transparency. If they feel they must hide $300 prices from the public, it makes one wonder what they won't lie about.:eusa_shhh::huddle:

Then in thr middle of "Sunshine Week" the asshole urges congress to keep more secrets. How could he be an even bigger hyprocrite? Well never mind, he did sign the NDAA law which is even worse. :asshole:

Obama Supports New Category of Secret Govt Files
In the middle of Sunshine Week, when news organizations and advocacy groups promote government transparency, the Obama administration urged Congress on Tuesday to keep secret a whole new category of information even under the Freedom of Information Act

Zoo+%26+Obama.jpg

Forum List

Back