Obama hunting: is it a violent image?

Rex Rammell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In August 2009, during the heated August recess that witnessed many angry town hall meetings over Obama's proposed health care legislation, Rammell was briefly involved in a controversy when the media reported that he had joked about seeking a license to hunt Obama. The controversy stemmed from a Republican event that Rammell had attended in Twin Falls, Idaho where he was speaking to a group of sportsmen about the upcoming wolf hunt when a woman in the audience asked, "what about Obama tags" and Rammell jokingly replied, "yeah, we'd buy some of those". Barack Obama[2].

Okay, then it is not exactly as presented in the OP, but I find it inappropriate to say the least that he would have answered in that manner and I wonder what happened to the woman who shouted out.

However, note: this is a Wikipedia link without source documents and not particularly reliable.

Immie

Key word: Joked.

Rex Rammell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In August 2009, during the heated August recess that witnessed many angry town hall meetings over Obama's proposed health care legislation, Rammell was briefly involved in a controversy when the media reported that he had joked about seeking a license to hunt Obama. The controversy stemmed from a Republican event that Rammell had attended in Twin Falls, Idaho where he was speaking to a group of sportsmen about the upcoming wolf hunt when a woman in the audience asked, "what about Obama tags" and Rammell jokingly replied, "yeah, we'd buy some of those". Barack Obama[2].

Okay, then it is not exactly as presented in the OP, but I find it inappropriate to say the least that he would have answered in that manner and I wonder what happened to the woman who shouted out.

However, note: this is a Wikipedia link without source documents and not particularly reliable.

Immie

Key word: Joked.

Assassination of a political figure is nothing to joke about IMHO.

Immie

Assassination of a political figure is nothing to joke about

You forgot to add the key words "except for Bush"

Why would I say that?

I voted for the man twice. Don't like him much now, but would not ever want anything bad to happen to him.

I don't like Obama either. Can't think of anyone in national politics that I particularly like, but I would wish no harm on any of them.

Immie

Assassination of a political figure is nothing to joke about

You forgot to add the key words "except for Bush"

Why would I say that?

I voted for the man twice. Don't like him much now, but would not ever want anything bad to happen to him.

I don't like Obama either. Can't think of anyone in national politics that I particularly like, but I would wish no harm on any of them.

Immie

Exactly Immie.

He was right ,those people were murdered and a soldier iss on trial for their deaths.

Why do you pretend that is not true?

Murtha sacraficed for this country time and time again and you smear hthis dead mans honor for political purposes, why would you do that?

You mean the same way he smeared, even besmirched the reputations of the "Haditha Marines"?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

The Idaho GOP's Pro-Militia Candidate | Mother Jones

Idaho veterinarian, elk rancher, and political hopeful Rex Rammell first attracted national attention last year when he joked about buying "Obama tags" to hunt the president. Now the conservative activist is running to be the GOP's candidate for governor of Idaho. His platform? Revving up right-wing militias so they are "prepared" to deal with the growing threats to freedom posed by a federal government bent on "socializing" the country.

On ABC's "Nightline" on Tuesday, Rammell explained why it's reasonable for those unhappy with the Obama administration to threaten violence:

“I don't think anyone would argue that America is getting more and more enemies all of the time—both foreign and domestic," said Rammell. "I think the way politics is going in the United States and the Tea Party movement—the whole atmosphere promotes people wanting to get prepared. And I think that is what this is about...

"It's because of the current administration's politics—the more they force upon the states, the more noise there is," Rammell said. "The more concern people have, the less freedom there is. Lots of Idahoans believe the health care bill is very intrusive on our individual rights. ... We are not going to allow them to come into the state and make what we believe are unconstitutional mandates. Even if they can get them passed in D.C., we are not going to all that to happen. These guys want to show a little force behind the scene... I don't have a problem with that."

:cuckoo:

More leftist sensationalism.
Garbage is more like it. They're looking for any excuse.

He was right ,those people were murdered and a soldier iss on trial for their deaths.

Murtha sacraficed for this country time and time again and you smear hthis dead mans honor for political purposes, why would you do that?

You mean the same way he smeared, even besmirched the reputations of the "Haditha Marines"?

You do realize one of them in on trial for murder right?

John Murtha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On December 21, 2006, the US military charged Wuterich with 12 counts of unpremeditated murder against individuals and one count of the murder of six people "while engaged in an act inherently dangerous to others."[45] Charges were subsequently dropped against seven of the eight Marines involved: Capt. Lucas McConnell,[46] Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani,[47] Sgt. Sanick Dela Cruz,[48] Lance Corporal Stephen Tatum,[49] Lance Cpl. Justin Sharratt, Capt. Randy Stone, and 1st Lt. Andrew Grayson. Only Sergeant Frank Wuterich is still facing trial on 9 counts of involuntary manslaughter.[50

Why did you claim there was nothing to the statement?

This man is on trial for the murders.

He was referring to all eight, seven were proven to not at all have done it and one is ON TRIAL.

Innocent before proven guilty.

Sorry Truthmatters, you are too partisan for me to debate anymore. I can not debate someone who sees things only one way.

Thanks.

He said this BEFORE the investigation was through. He knew the peole were murdered and knew someone Or more than one did the killing. Looks like all the marines pointed out jsut one of them as the culprit

You do realize one of them in on trial for murder right?

And?

And Murtha was right the people were murdered and now this guy is standing trial for the murder.

Idaho veterinarian, elk rancher, and political hopeful Rex Rammell first attracted national attention last year when he joked about buying "Obama tags" to hunt the president. Now the conservative activist is running to be the GOP's candidate for governor of Idaho. His platform? Revving up right-wing militias so they are "prepared" to deal with the growing threats to freedom posed by a federal government bent on "socializing" the country.

On ABC's "Nightline" on Tuesday, Rammell explained why it's reasonable for those unhappy with the Obama administration to threaten violence:

“I don't think anyone would argue that America is getting more and more enemies all of the time—both foreign and domestic," said Rammell. "I think the way politics is going in the United States and the Tea Party movement—the whole atmosphere promotes people wanting to get prepared. And I think that is what this is about...

"It's because of the current administration's politics—the more they force upon the states, the more noise there is," Rammell said. "The more concern people have, the less freedom there is. Lots of Idahoans believe the health care bill is very intrusive on our individual rights. ... We are not going to allow them to come into the state and make what we believe are unconstitutional mandates. Even if they can get them passed in D.C., we are not going to all that to happen. These guys want to show a little force behind the scene... I don't have a problem with that."

More right wing screwballs alienating independent voters.

John Murtha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On December 21, 2006, the US military charged Wuterich with 12 counts of unpremeditated murder against individuals and one count of the murder of six people "while engaged in an act inherently dangerous to others."[45] Charges were subsequently dropped against seven of the eight Marines involved: Capt. Lucas McConnell,[46] Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani,[47] Sgt. Sanick Dela Cruz,[48] Lance Corporal Stephen Tatum,[49] Lance Cpl. Justin Sharratt, Capt. Randy Stone, and 1st Lt. Andrew Grayson. Only Sergeant Frank Wuterich is still facing trial on 9 counts of involuntary manslaughter.[50

Why did you claim there was nothing to the statement?

This man is on trial for the murders.

He was referring to all eight, seven were proven to not at all have done it and one is ON TRIAL.

Innocent before proven guilty.

Sorry Truthmatters, you are too partisan for me to debate anymore. I can not debate someone who sees things only one way.

Thanks.

He said this BEFORE the investigation was through. He knew the peole were murdered and knew someone Or more than one did the killing. Looks like all the marines pointed out jsut one of them as the culprit

so all this innocent until proven guilty stuff is just bullshit, huh?

what a waste of skin you are

More right wing screwballs alienating independent voters.

Really? last time I looked? The "Independents" abandoned the Democrats, and the Statists that over ran that Party. HINT Shithead...they're called "The TEA PARTY"

Forum List

Back