Obama has plantar fasciitis

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
The bad news though, it's NOT fatal. :(

What’s Causing the President’s Foot Pain?

President Obama loves sports, but foot pain may keep him away from the basketball court for a while. In this exclusive Lifescript interview, the president’s doctor reveals how the athlete-in-chief is handling plantar fasciitis, a common, painful foot problem. Plus, learn how to deal with the condition yourself…

The basketball-playing, treadmill-running, golf-loving 44th president of the United States has been tripped up by a painful foot injury.

President Obama is suffering from plantar fasciitis, Physician to the President Ronny Jackson, M.D., tells Lifescript in an exclusive interview.

“The president has had [the condition] off and on over a 6-month period,” Dr. Jackson says. “He experiences pain when he overdoes it – it usually clears up.”

With plantar fasciitis, the tissue connecting the heel bone to the toes becomes inflamed, sometimes from standing too much or over-activity.

In the president’s case, standing on his feet for long periods of time may have contributed to the problem, Dr. Jackson says.

Obama is one of many to develop this painful foot ailment. About 2 million patients are treated for it every year.

Obama is treating the problem by resting his right foot for a couple of days, applying ice packs, taking anti-inflammatory medication and switching from treadmill workouts to an elliptical machine, adds Dr. Jackson, who has been the president’s personal physician for the past year.

MORE: What?s Causing the President?s Foot Pain? | Lifescript.com

I can sympathize. Had a couple bouts a few years ago. Hurts like hell. Very difficult to sleep, even with prescription sleep meds.

After hours, I called the TriCare nurse's line. She told me to walk if off. :doubt:

I can sympathize. Had a couple bouts a few years ago. Hurts like hell. Very difficult to sleep, even with prescription sleep meds.

After hours, I called the TriCare nurse's line. She told me to walk if off. :doubt:
I had problems recently and tried this MediMassager device at Costco:

MMF06%20Foot%20Massager_06_0.jpg

A couple of minutes using it and it solved it for weeks.

Another real simple treatment is skipping rope. It works!

Did you have a bump on your heel?

The bad news though, it's NOT fatal. :(

What’s Causing the President’s Foot Pain?

President Obama loves sports, but foot pain may keep him away from the basketball court for a while. In this exclusive Lifescript interview, the president’s doctor reveals how the athlete-in-chief is handling plantar fasciitis, a common, painful foot problem. Plus, learn how to deal with the condition yourself…

The basketball-playing, treadmill-running, golf-loving 44th president of the United States has been tripped up by a painful foot injury.

President Obama is suffering from plantar fasciitis, Physician to the President Ronny Jackson, M.D., tells Lifescript in an exclusive interview.

“The president has had [the condition] off and on over a 6-month period,” Dr. Jackson says. “He experiences pain when he overdoes it – it usually clears up.”

With plantar fasciitis, the tissue connecting the heel bone to the toes becomes inflamed, sometimes from standing too much or over-activity.

In the president’s case, standing on his feet for long periods of time may have contributed to the problem, Dr. Jackson says.

Obama is one of many to develop this painful foot ailment. About 2 million patients are treated for it every year.

Obama is treating the problem by resting his right foot for a couple of days, applying ice packs, taking anti-inflammatory medication and switching from treadmill workouts to an elliptical machine, adds Dr. Jackson, who has been the president’s personal physician for the past year.
I had that condition. On the advice of a neighbor I ordered and drank a bottle of concentrated cherry juice and the problem was totally gone almost overnight. Amazing but true.

I had it first when I used to do a lot of serious running. I had to stop running for a while. The cure for me has simply been wearing specific types of shoes (for running/training, walking, and daily activities) that hold my ankle in place. In my case, at least, plantar fasciitis was caused by over pronation. As long as I use the right footwear, I never have any problems with it.

Last edited:

I had problems recently and tried this MediMassager device at Costco:

MMF06%20Foot%20Massager_06_0.jpg

A couple of minutes using it and it solved it for weeks.

Another real simple treatment is skipping rope. It works!
That thing looks like it would feel good, even if you didn't have any foot problems.

Forum List

Back