Obama has no intention of attacking Syria, Congress his pawn

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, are your feelings hurt?

Why don't you grab your pea shooter fly to Damascus first thing in the morning and shock and awe Assad ?

Stupid fuck.

Why should he?

he does not give a damn about Syria.

If you do - follow your own advice :rolleyes:

or read the thread FIRST before making yourself look stupid :D

How does a pig make himself look like a pig? :dunno:

A filthy pig?? more piggish then a clean one??

It's sad to see the President of the United States reduced to Keystone Cop status by a former member of the KGB.

I honestly didn't think he was that damned stupid. Does he have no one in his cabinet with a modicum of acumen? He should resign. Then, of course, we'd have Joe Biden, the only man in the country who is dumber than Obama.

This is woeful.

No matter what Oblama does he's wrong, yet GOP and conservatives offered no other options but to sit on their hands and wring out their hankies from all the crying and whining.

The US military dumping of 20 million gallons of chemicals on Vietnam for nearly a decade of war which ended in 1971.

Since they included the depleted uranium munitions in the list, I would add nuclear testing too, Three Mile Island and continued threat of nuclear power. Since we found out from Fukushima that there is very little back-up generator reliability, all it takes is an extended blackout for a meltdown to occur.

I love ya man, but I'm not sure I trust what the communist government of Vietnam "estimates" about anything, much less a statistic against their enemy in the war they are doing the estimating about.
US veterans class action lawsuit against manufacturers[/URL][/B]

Since at least 1978, several lawsuits have been filed against the companies which produced Agent Orange, among them Dow Chemical, Monsanto, and Diamond Shamrock.

Hy Mayerson of The Mayerson Law Offices, P.C. was an early pioneer in Agent Orange litigation, working with environmental attorney Victor Yannacone in 1980 on the first class-action suits against wartime manufacturers of Agent Orange. In meeting Dr. Ronald A. Codario, one of the first civilian doctors to see afflicted patients, Mayerson, so impressed by the fact a physician would show so much interest in a Vietnam veteran, forwarded more than a thousand pages of information on Agent Orange and the effects of dioxin on animals and humans to Codario's office the day after he was first contacted by the doctor.[72] The corporate defendants sought to escape culpability by blaming everything on the U.S. government.[73]

The Mayerson law firm, with Sgt. Charles E. Hartz as their principal client, filed the first U.S. Agent Orange class-action lawsuit, in Pennsylvania in 1980, for the injuries soldiers in Vietnam suffered through exposure to toxic dioxins in the defoliant.[74] Attorney Hy Mayerson co-wrote the brief that certified the Agent Orange Product Liability action as a class action, the largest ever filed as of its filing.[75] Hartz's deposition was one of the first ever taken in America, and the first for an Agent Orange trial, for the purpose of preserving testimony at trial, as it was understood that Hartz would not live to see the trial because of a brain tumor that began to develop while he was a member of Tiger Force, Special Forces, and LRRPs in Vietnam.[76][77] The firm also located and supplied critical research to the Veterans' lead expert, Dr. Ronald A. Codario, M.D., including about 100 articles from toxicology journals dating back more than a decade, as well as data about where herbicides had been sprayed, what the effects of dioxin had been on animals and humans, and every accident in factories where herbicides were produced or dioxin was a contaminant of some chemical reaction.[72]

The chemical companies involved denied that there was a link between Agent Orange and the veterans' medical problems. However, on May 7, 1984, seven chemical companies settled the class-action suit out of court just hours before jury selection was to begin. The companies agreed to pay $180 million as compensation if the veterans dropped all claims against them. Slightly over 45% of the sum was ordered to be paid by Monsanto alone.[78][79] Many veterans who were victims of Agent Orange exposure were outraged the case had been settled instead of going to court, and felt they had been betrayed by the lawyers. "Fairness Hearings" were held in five major American cities, where veterans and their families discussed their reactions to the settlement, and condemned the actions of the lawyers and courts, demanding the case be heard before a jury of their peers. Federal Judge Julius Weinstein refused the appeals, claiming the settlement was "fair and just". By 1989, the veterans' fears were confirmed when it was decided how the money from the settlement would be paid out. A totally disabled Vietnam veteran would receive a maximum of $12,000 spread out over the course of 10 years. Furthermore, by accepting the settlement payments, disabled veterans would become ineligible for many state benefits that provided far more monetary support than the settlement, such as food stamps, public assistance, and government pensions. A widow of a Vietnam veteran who died of Agent Orange exposure would only receive $3700.[80]

I'm not doubting that agent orange caused cancer, I'm just saying I don't trust the source of the particular statistic. I also have a hard time seeing agent orange being a "chemical weapon."

Keep in mind I'm against attacking Syria regardless of chemical weapons.

Because there are no videos of the effects?

No matter what Oblama does he's wrong, yet GOP and conservatives offered no other options but to sit on their hands and wring out their hankies from all the crying and whining.

The US military dumping of 20 million gallons of chemicals on Vietnam for nearly a decade of war which ended in 1971.

Since they included the depleted uranium munitions in the list, I would add nuclear testing too, Three Mile Island and continued threat of nuclear power. Since we found out from Fukushima that there is very little back-up generator reliability, all it takes is an extended blackout for a meltdown to occur.

"When the US uses chemicals to kill foreigners it means is not a crime"

Barack Hussein Bush

“Vietnam estimates that as a result of the decade-long chemical attack, 400,000 people were killed or maimed, 500,000 babies have been born with birth defects, and 2 million have suffered from cancer or other illnesses,” he wrote

I love ya man, but I'm not sure I trust what the communist government of Vietnam "estimates" about anything, much less a statistic against their enemy in the war they are doing the estimating about.

So Vietnamese villagers were never drenched with Agent Orange?

US veterans class action lawsuit against manufacturers[/URL][/B]

Since at least 1978, several lawsuits have been filed against the companies which produced Agent Orange, among them Dow Chemical, Monsanto, and Diamond Shamrock.

Hy Mayerson of The Mayerson Law Offices, P.C. was an early pioneer in Agent Orange litigation, working with environmental attorney Victor Yannacone in 1980 on the first class-action suits against wartime manufacturers of Agent Orange. In meeting Dr. Ronald A. Codario, one of the first civilian doctors to see afflicted patients, Mayerson, so impressed by the fact a physician would show so much interest in a Vietnam veteran, forwarded more than a thousand pages of information on Agent Orange and the effects of dioxin on animals and humans to Codario's office the day after he was first contacted by the doctor.[72] The corporate defendants sought to escape culpability by blaming everything on the U.S. government.[73]

The Mayerson law firm, with Sgt. Charles E. Hartz as their principal client, filed the first U.S. Agent Orange class-action lawsuit, in Pennsylvania in 1980, for the injuries soldiers in Vietnam suffered through exposure to toxic dioxins in the defoliant.[74] Attorney Hy Mayerson co-wrote the brief that certified the Agent Orange Product Liability action as a class action, the largest ever filed as of its filing.[75] Hartz's deposition was one of the first ever taken in America, and the first for an Agent Orange trial, for the purpose of preserving testimony at trial, as it was understood that Hartz would not live to see the trial because of a brain tumor that began to develop while he was a member of Tiger Force, Special Forces, and LRRPs in Vietnam.[76][77] The firm also located and supplied critical research to the Veterans' lead expert, Dr. Ronald A. Codario, M.D., including about 100 articles from toxicology journals dating back more than a decade, as well as data about where herbicides had been sprayed, what the effects of dioxin had been on animals and humans, and every accident in factories where herbicides were produced or dioxin was a contaminant of some chemical reaction.[72]

The chemical companies involved denied that there was a link between Agent Orange and the veterans' medical problems. However, on May 7, 1984, seven chemical companies settled the class-action suit out of court just hours before jury selection was to begin. The companies agreed to pay $180 million as compensation if the veterans dropped all claims against them. Slightly over 45% of the sum was ordered to be paid by Monsanto alone.[78][79] Many veterans who were victims of Agent Orange exposure were outraged the case had been settled instead of going to court, and felt they had been betrayed by the lawyers. "Fairness Hearings" were held in five major American cities, where veterans and their families discussed their reactions to the settlement, and condemned the actions of the lawyers and courts, demanding the case be heard before a jury of their peers. Federal Judge Julius Weinstein refused the appeals, claiming the settlement was "fair and just". By 1989, the veterans' fears were confirmed when it was decided how the money from the settlement would be paid out. A totally disabled Vietnam veteran would receive a maximum of $12,000 spread out over the course of 10 years. Furthermore, by accepting the settlement payments, disabled veterans would become ineligible for many state benefits that provided far more monetary support than the settlement, such as food stamps, public assistance, and government pensions. A widow of a Vietnam veteran who died of Agent Orange exposure would only receive $3700.[80]

I'm not doubting that agent orange caused cancer, I'm just saying I don't trust the source of the particular statistic. I also have a hard time seeing agent orange being a "chemical weapon."

It was a chemical, it wasn't intended to be used as a weapon. I'm not interested in a word parsing argument.

It was a chemical, it wasn't intended to be used as a weapon. I'm not interested in a word parsing argument.

Neither am I.

“Vietnam estimates that as a result of the decade-long chemical attack, 400,000 people were killed or maimed, 500,000 babies have been born with birth defects, and 2 million have suffered from cancer or other illnesses,” he wrote

So Vietnamese villagers were never drenched with Agent Orange?

Non sequitur

To exclude Agent Orange from the discussion because of stated intentions is a double standard. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Maybe, we should pause to consider that before we use it again to defoliate another jungle.

To exclude Agent Orange from the discussion because of stated intentions is a double standard. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Maybe, we should pause to consider that before we use it again to defoliate another jungle.

Agreed. Next time I'm defoliating another jungle, I will indeed keep that in mind.

White Phosphorus - intended to be used as fireworks during the 4th of July celebrations

2_image-large.jpg

126473.thumb

Last edited:

Agreed. Next time I'm defoliating another jungle, I will indeed keep that in mind.

*BREAKING NEWS*

You're admitting that the U.S. holds all the cards.

*BREAKING NEWS*

So far you have asked me nothing of what I think because you've been too busy telling me what I think. You actually have no idea what I think because of it, and you already know what you think. So what is the purpose of this exercise exactly?

Obama is CinC. He is responsible for foreign policy, not Congress or the GOP. He didnt need Congress' approval to do anything. He said so himself. Even so he had support from prominent GOP congressmen. It was his own party that wouldn't support him.
Will Democrats ever take responsibility for anything?

Yes, he does need congressional approval to commit an act of war.

WTF is wrong with people? Read the Constitution and the War Powers Resolution.

*BREAKING NEWS*

So far you have asked me nothing of what I think because you've been too busy telling me what I think. You actually have no idea what I think because of it, and you already know what you think. So what is the purpose of this exercise exactly?

I was only pointing out that the U.S. shouldn't perpetually get away with looking so innocent and how serious it is.

*BREAKING NEWS*

I was only pointing out that the U.S. shouldn't perpetually get away with looking so innocent and how serious it is.

How does talking about using a chemical that was used 35 years ago and was was intended not as an attack but to defoliate the jungle areas the Vietcong were hiding accomplish that exactly?

Not sure how with my views though you think that I think the US is "innocent," maybe it's because you've been to busy telling me what I think to ask me.

How does talking about using a chemical that was used 35 years ago and was was intended not as an attack but to defoliate the jungle areas the Vietcong were hiding accomplish that exactly?

Not sure how with my views though you think that I think the US is "innocent," maybe it's because you've been to busy telling me what I think to ask me.

That's what we're talking about, right?

Forum List

Back