Obama has been quite successful in making positive change in US oil consumption

'will' save... future tense... assuming the regs are put into practice.

Future tense... comprende?

thread title is disingenuous. No change in consumption has occurred, as I pointed out using YOUR source.

So because it is projected to occur, it doesn't matter at all? That's ridiculous.

no, dipshit. Because it's PROJECTED to occur, means it has not changed consumption at this point and time, making your thread title disingenuous.

Do try to keep up.

One of the reasons I could never back a democrat.

I havent heard any truth from the left in my lifetime.

The main problem with obaabaa increasing fuel efficiency is that cars have become remarkably less safe. If you wanted real fuel efficiency you could make cars out of cardboard.

Yup. We the taxpayer are funding GM which produces the Volt.

The Volt has already been recalled because it catchs fire.

The Volt is electric. No gas but how much does it cost you to charge it up??

Don't think anyone is gonna save money with that white elephant.

You would save money, and although I suspect you don't care, you would reduce your carbon footprint as well, regardless of the source of your electric. Your power plant is far more efficient in creating energy than an ICE designed to move a single ton of steel and cargo, where much of the energy is exhausted in the form of heat (from the pipes, the radiator, and directly from engine components).

It's an economy of scale.

I like to save money but I need a vehicle that can pull a horse trailer.

Somehow I dont' see the Volt doing that.

Anyone know how much you pay to charge it up??

Anyone know how much you pay to charge it up??

Without looking, I can stipulate that it will not pull a horse trailer. ;)

Hybrid or Electric Ownership Cost Comparison

According to this page you will get 3.33 miles per KwH. Where I am, a KwH costs around $0.10.

So in an average car, lets say 30mpg, you go 30 miles for around 3 bucks, or about $0.10 per mile.

If we trust this web page you go 3.33 miles for $0.10; About $0.03 per mile.

contrary to what republicans say, obama has not only increased domestic oil production, but he has improved fuel efficiency standards in the automotive industry.

In january 2009, the us was producing 6.9 million barrels per day. As of nov 2010, the us is producing 8.1 million barrels per day.

In addition, under obama, us dependence on foreign oil has declined considerably. U.s. Dependence on foreign oil has declined under obama as well, going from 58.9 percent of oil consumption in january 2009 to 44 percent in november 2011.

factcheck.org : Promises, promises

because of improvements made in fuel efficiency standards, vehicles made between 2012 and 2016 will save 1.8 billion barrels of oil.

emissions limits, greater fuel efficiency for cars, light trucks made official

what specific policy did he enact that created the increase.

I will let you fumble with that one. Being these things take years.

Damn it would appear you once again are misleading.

read

consumers will pay more for cars upfront but may save money in the long term under new rules finalized thursday by the obama administration that will increase fuel efficiency and for the first time set greenhouse gas emissions standards for cars and light trucks.

It was also a part of his campaign promise reduce dependence on oil.
"...but may save money in the long term ..."

Weasel words. But suckers fall for it.

oh and btw,, begs the question... why are the 50% of AMERICAN FEDERAL income tax expected to subsidize the purchase of the chevy volt to the tune of $7,5000? looks like we gotta buy our own car and then someone else a new car.. this shit ain't fair.

You would think that just by the law of averages, willow would occasionally put together a random combination of letters and numbers that resulted in something coherent.

Alas, no.

oh and btw,, begs the question... why are the 50% of AMERICAN FEDERAL income taxpayers expected to subsidize the purchase of the chevy volt to the tune of $7,5000? looks like we gotta buy our own car and then someone else a new car.. this shit ain't fair.

You would think that just by the law of averages, willow would occasionally put together a random combination of letters and numbers that resulted in something coherent.

Alas, no.

seven thousand five hundred dollars now answer the question numb nutz.

Last edited:
oh and btw,, begs the question... why are the 50% of AMERICAN FEDERAL income tax expected to subsidize the purchase of the chevy volt to the tune of $7,5000? looks like we gotta buy our own car and then someone else a new car.. this shit ain't fair.

Alas, no.

I don't get the question. What part of the 4500 dollars I paid in federal income taxes last year went to the Chevy Volt?

Tell me that number and then I'll tell you how much it bothers me.

??

My snowblower won't mow my lawn. What am I to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
So a Chevy Volt is a snowblower? Actually the only thing it blows is your cash for you.

Good at hauling ass but not your Jackass?

Isn't the point supposed to be "a reasonable alternative", not something that is nice to have but not flexible enough or capable of replacing it's fossil-fuel burning alternative?

Alas, no.

I don't get the question. What part of the 4500 dollars I paid in federal income taxes last year went to the Chevy Volt?

Tell me that number and then I'll tell you how much it bothers me.

Taking into account how few sold about $250k for each car, so a lot went to it.

That and solar-panels nobody will buy.

Well, we bought them, but we didn't get any.

Last edited:
Contrary to what Republicans say, Obama has not only increased domestic oil production, but he has improved fuel efficiency standards in the automotive industry.

In January 2009, the US was producing 6.9 million barrels per day. As of Nov 2010, the US is producing 8.1 million barrels per day.

In addition, under Obama, US dependence on foreign oil has declined considerably. U.S. dependence on foreign oil has declined under Obama as well, going from 58.9 percent of oil consumption in January 2009 to 44 percent in November 2011.

FactCheck.org : Promises, Promises

Because of improvements made in fuel efficiency standards, vehicles made between 2012 and 2016 will save 1.8 billion barrels of oil.

Emissions limits, greater fuel efficiency for cars, light trucks made official

8.1 million? More like 5.7.

Import are still nearly 11 million barrel a day.

Crude Oil Production

U.S. Total Crude Oil and Products Imports

But the premise is correct. Production is up, imports are down.

Contrary to what Republicans say, Obama has not only increased domestic oil production, but he has improved fuel efficiency standards in the automotive industry.

In January 2009, the US was producing 6.9 million barrels per day. As of Nov 2010, the US is producing 8.1 million barrels per day.

In addition, under Obama, US dependence on foreign oil has declined considerably. U.S. dependence on foreign oil has declined under Obama as well, going from 58.9 percent of oil consumption in January 2009 to 44 percent in November 2011.

Because of improvements made in fuel efficiency standards, vehicles made between 2012 and 2016 will save 1.8 billion barrels of oil.

Crude Oil Production

More people are spending less time driving around cause fewer have the money.

Great idea.

Crude Oil Production

More people are spending less time driving around cause fewer have the money.

Great idea.

Actually a bigger factor is the unemployement numbers. Nobody driving to work and back

Your pdf link didn't work.

I read on your other link:

Consumers will pay more for cars upfront but may save money in the long term under new rules finalized Thursday by the Obama administration that will increase fuel efficiency and for the first time set greenhouse gas emissions standards for cars and light trucks.

I don't like being told I'm gonna have to shell out more a new car for a promise from a dishonest government that I MAY SAVE later on.

Sounds like a scam to me.

Obama is making life in America more expensive at a time when we need someone to make it less expensive.

Can you wrap your mind around that concept at all????

Think about this. Yes, the price of cars will go up, but ultimately, people will save money. That is the point. If you can't afford a new car, then obviously you should buy a used one wouldn't you say?

Boy, are you naive.

So..........in summary, supply and demand/economics, capitalism have nothing to do with these things?

The price of oil skyrocketing in the last decade did nothing to make americans want to buy a more fuel efficient car? It was just Obama?

Forum List

Back