Obama has been quite successful in making positive change in US oil consumption

why are we expected to love someone who lies to us constantly and keeps pulling the money out of our pockets? I don't understand this concept.

why are we expected to love someone who lies to us constantly and keeps pulling the money out of our pockets? I don't understand this concept.

Because, Obama is the great Messiah..
We should all have a picture of him in our homes and kiss it everyday..

Think about this. Yes, the price of cars will go up, but ultimately, people will save money. That is the point. If you can't afford a new car, then obviously you should buy a used one wouldn't you say?

The price of new cars is already going up. We don't need a President that has programs that will admittedly make the price go up even faster.

The promise of savings down the road won't materialize because this President will make sure the price of gas goes up. They assume that we will be using less fuel and that is where the savings they talk about comes from. The savings will be paying for less fuel but actually forking out more cash for it ultimately. So it becomes a net loss.

You are reaching and you know it.

Why do so many of you TRY to hate Obama?

I'm not reaching at all. Obama said himself that his programs will cause energy prices to necessarily go up. He also has several people in his administration that believe in forcing prices up to curb consumption.

Contrary to what Republicans say, Obama has not only increased domestic oil production, but he has improved fuel efficiency standards in the automotive industry.

In January 2009, the US was producing 6.9 million barrels per day. As of Nov 2010, the US is producing 8.1 million barrels per day.

In addition, under Obama, US dependence on foreign oil has declined considerably. U.S. dependence on foreign oil has declined under Obama as well, going from 58.9 percent of oil consumption in January 2009 to 44 percent in November 2011.

FactCheck.org : Promises, Promises

Because of improvements made in fuel efficiency standards, vehicles made between 2012 and 2016 will save 1.8 billion barrels of oil.

Emissions limits, greater fuel efficiency for cars, light trucks made official

doesn't count has 'saved' if it has not happened yet.

How does an increase in US production equal a reduction in consumption?

the thread title is disingenuous at best.

According to your sources...

Net imports of oil went down by 1.2 million barrels a day.
We increased US production by 1.2 million barrels a day.

How does THAT indicate a reduction in consumption?

I said a "change in oil consumption"

Come on Billy, did you really think these ODS sufferers were going to give President Obama credit for anything? If the man cured cancer they'd ask why he hates the drug companies.

You can put a good spin on anything.

I heard an ad for selling insurance this morning. In real life selling insurance is one of the least desirable jobs there is. It's boring and highly stressful. But for 90 seconds they told us that selling insurance means you will meet new people and have control over your destiny. In reality what it means is you will be meeting hundreds of people that think you're giving them a sales-pitch and your paycheck depends on who you can get to buy your sales-pitch.

Come on Billy, did you really think these ODS sufferers were going to give President Obama credit for anything? If the man cured cancer they'd ask why he hates the drug companies.

I guess I just have a glimmer of faith that i will get thru. You are probably right though.

Contrary to what Republicans say, Obama has not only increased domestic oil production, but he has improved fuel efficiency standards in the automotive industry.

In January 2009, the US was producing 6.9 million barrels per day. As of Nov 2010, the US is producing 8.1 million barrels per day.

In addition, under Obama, US dependence on foreign oil has declined considerably. U.S. dependence on foreign oil has declined under Obama as well, going from 58.9 percent of oil consumption in January 2009 to 44 percent in November 2011.

Because of improvements made in fuel efficiency standards, vehicles made between 2012 and 2016 will save 1.8 billion barrels of oil.

give me a figure.

Your source shows no change.

give me a figure.

Are you kidding me?

I made it clear that the new model of cars would save oil.

Why are you so fixated on the title anyway? Does it really matter?

I guess I just have a glimmer of faith that i will get thru. You are probably right though.

well more threads like this one saying how because of Obama Prices are going up should get the people of this country to worship at the Obama alter...

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
give me a figure.

Are you kidding me?

'will' save... future tense... assuming the regs are put into practice.

Future tense... comprende?

thread title is disingenuous. No change in consumption has occurred, as I pointed out using YOUR source.

well more threads like this one saying how because of Obama Prices are going up should get the people of this country to worship at the Obama alter...

You know, I think secretly you LOVE Obama, but you would never admit it on here.

You know, I think secretly you LOVE Obama, but you would never admit it on here.

wrong. but it is clear that you do and you make no secret about it...It's here for all to see.

give me a figure.

Are you kidding me?

thread title is disingenuous. No change in consumption has occurred, as I pointed out using YOUR source.

So because it is projected to occur, it doesn't matter at all? That's ridiculous.

What specific policy did he enact that created the increase.

I will let you fumble with that one. Being these things take years.

Damn it would appear you once again are misleading.

The main problem with obaabaa increasing fuel efficiency is that cars have become remarkably less safe. If you wanted real fuel efficiency you could make cars out of cardboard.

contrary to what republicans say, obama has not only increased domestic oil production, but he has improved fuel efficiency standards in the automotive industry.

In january 2009, the us was producing 6.9 million barrels per day. As of nov 2010, the us is producing 8.1 million barrels per day.

In addition, under obama, us dependence on foreign oil has declined considerably. U.s. Dependence on foreign oil has declined under obama as well, going from 58.9 percent of oil consumption in january 2009 to 44 percent in november 2011.

factcheck.org : Promises, promises

because of improvements made in fuel efficiency standards, vehicles made between 2012 and 2016 will save 1.8 billion barrels of oil.

emissions limits, greater fuel efficiency for cars, light trucks made official

what specific policy did he enact that created the increase.

read

consumers will pay more for cars upfront but may save money in the long term under new rules finalized thursday by the obama administration that will increase fuel efficiency and for the first time set greenhouse gas emissions standards for cars and light trucks.

It was also a part of his campaign promise reduce dependence on oil.

Last edited:
contrary to what republicans say, obama has not only increased domestic oil production, but he has improved fuel efficiency standards in the automotive industry.

In january 2009, the us was producing 6.9 million barrels per day. As of nov 2010, the us is producing 8.1 million barrels per day.

In addition, under obama, us dependence on foreign oil has declined considerably. U.s. Dependence on foreign oil has declined under obama as well, going from 58.9 percent of oil consumption in january 2009 to 44 percent in november 2011.

because of improvements made in fuel efficiency standards, vehicles made between 2012 and 2016 will save 1.8 billion barrels of oil.

read

consumers will pay more for cars upfront but may save money in the long term under new rules finalized thursday by the obama administration that will increase fuel efficiency and for the first time set greenhouse gas emissions standards for cars and light trucks.

so you cant respond. :lol:

I have seen the production graph. The disadvantage for you is it backs my contention.

The main problem with obaabaa increasing fuel efficiency is that cars have become remarkably less safe. If you wanted real fuel efficiency you could make cars out of cardboard.

Yup. We the taxpayer are funding GM which produces the Volt.

The Volt has already been recalled because it catchs fire.

The Volt is electric. No gas but how much does it cost you to charge it up??

Don't think anyone is gonna save money with that white elephant.

Are you kidding me?

So because it is projected to occur, it doesn't matter at all? That's ridiculous.

no, dipshit. Because it's PROJECTED to occur, means it has not changed consumption at this point and time, making your thread title disingenuous.

Do try to keep up.

read

It was also a part of his campaign promise reduce dependence on oil.

in the long term... meaning no change has yet taken place... means thread title is disingenuous.

Forum List

Back