Obama has a big problem

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
with his close advisor and pastor of 20 years...

March 13, 2008

Obama's Pastor: God Damn America, US to Blame for 9/11

Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4443788&page=1

Obama's Pastor: "Hillary ain't never been called a ******."

March 13, 2008

In an extraordinary video recording of Barack Obama's pastor - leader of a church that the candidate says he consciously chose after a long search - the Reverend Jeremiah Wright lets loose with some of the most nauseating racist comments directed against whites

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/03/obamas_pastor_hillary_aint_nev.htmlObama's Pastor: 'Hillary ain't never been called a ******.

More smearing by the right. Why am I not surprised.

I think the right can sling as much mud as they like, but all I have to say is three words: George Bush Junior.

Nuff said..:cool:

More smearing by the right. Why am I not surprised.

I think the right can sling as much mud as they like, but all I have to say is three words: George Bush Junior.

Nuff said..:cool:

These aren't smear tactics. These are disturbing facts. A smear tactic is lobbing a terd at your foe that is false. Jeremiah Wright is a racist with deep ties to Louis Farrakhan and Obama. This could fatally wound Obama, politically speaking, and hand the nomination to Clinton. Imagine this guy inaugurating Obama into the presidency. I really do fear for the welfare of this country.

Grump, you don't think the GOP will use this if Obama is the nominee? Fear is one of the great allies of the GOP. It worked for w bush in 2004.

Grump, you don't think the GOP will use this if Obama is the nominee? Fear is one of the great allies of the GOP. It worked for w bush in 2004.

Yeah sure, we should openly welcome a person who admitted he disliked whites in his first book.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337308,00.html

Barack Obama's controversial pastor and the church he's served for 36 years may be in hot water over statements he has made from the pulpit in support of the Illinois senator's run for the White House.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. preaches that he follows the righteous path, but when it comes to the federal tax law, his Trinity United Church of Christ may have crossed the line.

Wright praised Obama from the pulpit on Jan. 13 in what was billed as his final sermon at the Chicago church.

"There is a man here who can take this country in a new direction," Wright said during his sermon, according to recordings obtained by FOX News.

It was not the first time Wright appeared to endorse Obama, who was baptized at Trinity United, has been an active member of the church for two decades and receives spiritual mentorship from Wright.

The title of Obama's second book, "The Audacity of Hope," was taken from a sermon by Wright.

During a Christmas sermon, Wright tried to compare Obama's upbringing to Jesus at the hands of the Romans.

"Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people," Wright said. "Hillary would never know that.

RelatedStories
As Obama Talks Religion, Questions Surround His Controversial Pastor "Hillary ain't never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person."

In his Jan. 13 sermon, Wright said:

"Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain't! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty."

FOX News purchased the video recordings of Wright's sermons from the church.

"It's pretty clear an indirect endorsement of Barack Obama — that's not something you're supposed to do according to the tax code," said Andrew Walsh, a professor at Trinity College who specializes in religion in politics.

The tax code bans churches from participating in or intervening in a political campaign. Violations can result in the loss of a church's tax exempt status.

The Obama campaign issued a statement in response to FOX News' inquiries about Wright's sermons.

"Senator Obama has said repeatedly that personal attacks such as this have no place in this campaign or our politics, whether they're offered from a platform at a rally or the pulpit of a church," said Bill Burton, a campaign spokesman.

"Senator Obama does not think of the pastor of his church in political terms. Like a member of his family, there are things he says with which Senator Obama deeply disagrees."

Obama defended Wright's longtime activism for blacks in America last week at a campaign event in Ohio.

"Jeremiah Wright ... has said some things that are considered controversial because he's considered that part of his social gospel," Obama said.

The Internal Revenue Service wouldn't comment on whether it is looking into potential tax violations at Trinity United. The church declined to make Wright available for an interview.

Congregant Dwight Hopkins, a professor of Theology at the University of Chicago, said there is no basis for the IRS to go after the church.

"From the church side they will say it's theology," said. "If it wasn't a senator running for president and it wasn't his church, then I think we could say all kinds of things."

The IRS has written dozens of letters warning churches against political advocacy from the pulpit. Yet it has revoked a church's tax-exempt status only twice in the last half-century.

Walsh said it's not typical for the IRS to enforce the rules.

"There's a tension here between the desires of the religious leaders to say important things in the public marketplace and the IRS rules, and so most of the time, the IRS does not enforce these rules," Walsh said.

The public scrutiny of these sermons comes in the wake of last month's revelation by the head of the United Church of Christ that the IRS is investigation a speech Obama gave at the denomination's national conference last year in Connecticut.

In a certified letter, Marsha Ramirez, IRS director, EO Examinations, wrote:

"Our concerns are based on articles posted on several Web sites including the church's which state the United States Presidential Candidate Senator Barack Obama addressed nearly 10,000 church members gathered at the United Church of Christ's biennial General Synod at the Hartford Civic Center, on June 23, 2007. In addition, 40 Obama volunteers staffed campaign tables outside the center to promote his campaign."

The church and the Obama campaign have denied that any inappropriate political advocacy occurred during this speech.

Wright's sermons often address themes of white supremacy and black repression, and critics have called them racially divisive.

Some remarks attributed to Wright that have been posted on the Internet and cited in press accounts include:

“Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college.

"Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.

"We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional killers. ... We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God. ... We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. ... We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means.

"And ... And ... And! God! Has got! To be sick! Of this shit!"

Click here to hear an audio clip of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. WARNING: Contains offensive language.

Once Wright's remarks were widely publicized last year, Obama backed out of his plans for his pastor to speak at his Feb. 10 presidential announcement.

Obama met Wright after college while working with local churches in Chicago to tackle problems of drug abuse and unemployment in inner-city neighborhoods. Wright preached an Afrocentric theology that interpreted the Bible through shared suffering of African Americans.

For Obama, this experience was a spiritual turning point. He has written that he had been exposed to various faiths during his life but never formally adopted one until after meeting Wright.

“Inside the thousands of churches across the city, I imagined the stories of ordinary black people merging with the stories of David and Goliath, Moses and Pharaoh, the Christians in the lion’s den, Ezekiel’s field of dry bones,” he wrote in his memoir, "Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance."

“Those stories — of survival, and freedom, and hope — became our story, my story.”

with his close advisor and pastor of 20 years...

I watched the video of the pastor saying that Hillary does not know what it means to be called a ******. The man is right about everything he said. I am white and I have seen what white society does to people who are not rich, who are not privileged, who are not white, who are not in similar congregations.

The only thing wrong with what he said is if you are white and bigoted.

While I agree that some of the things he said are true, one of the sermons I read had him saying black people will never amount to anything and it's all white people's fault. This is basically the same meme the Republicans have been using, except they don't blame white people for black difficulties, they blame Democrats.

There's something seriously wrong with that attitude.

I can see the Farrakhan roots in this. Yes, what he said is extremely racist and leaves one to wonder, after 20 years of Wright's spiritual advisement to Obama, how much of this inflammatory rhetoric does he actually believe?

I can see the Farrakhan roots in this. Yes, what he said is extremely racist and leaves one to wonder, after 20 years of Wright's spiritual advisement to Obama, how much of this inflammatory rhetoric does he actually believe?

I don't wonder. How is it that a Harvard-educated man chose this church and pastor? And then stayed with it for 20 years? He's not an idiot. Frankly, I find it unbelievable that Obama does not share these ideas....otherwise any knowledeable person would have left this church and pastor the first time he whiffed the extremism.

I don't wonder. How is it that a Harvard-educated man chose this church and pastor? And then stayed with it for 20 years? He's not an idiot. Frankly, I find it unbelievable that Obama does not share these ideas....otherwise any knowledeable person would have left this church and pastor the first time he whiffed the extremism.

You've got an excellent point. Obama is a well educated man so it leads to, why stay at a church for 20 years receiving this liberation type theology that has deep revisions of world history that aren't true. Why stay at a church that impugns greatness on one of the most racist human beings on the planet, Farrakhan, is antisemitic, antiwhite, anticapitalism, essentially deeming his word as something that can bring about hope and change for America. Obama's book, Audacity of Hope was taken from one of Wrights speech's also.

I am not arguing wether what he preaches is right or wrong. I am arguing that the GOP will use fear to place a barrier between the white voter and Obama. Perhaps not the "organized" GOP will stoop to that but they will find someone like the "swift boat" people to get their message out there.

I must say I am very uneasy about some of the statements and ideals surrounding Obama. Not so much what he ways but what those around him have said. I don't want to see 4 more years of bush2. The Democrats need the strongest candidate possible going against McCain.

Just saying what I feel...

The Audacity of Hope, Barack Obama's best selling book that was, he says, inspired by his pastor Jeremiah Wright Jr. of the Trinity United Church of Christ, bear little resemblance to each other.

And there is little doubt in my mind that Barack Obama had knowledge that his pastor was a racist sicko freak who blames 9/11 on America herself and claims our country produced AIDS to "kill black people". His excuse's are as pathetic and wrong as Jeremiah Wright himself. And the Trinity United Church of Christ makes the KKK look like a square dance. I call on Barack Hussien Obama to denounce this man and his racist "church".

From the Trinity United website:"We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism."

Can you imagine what would befall a white Presidential candidate if you substituted the word white for black in the above paragraph? If McCain's church was "Unashamedly White"? Clinton's church claimed," We are European people and remain true to our native land"?????

We have seen Obama throw his lapel pin away claiming the flag is not patriotic, refuse to salute our flag, promise to tax the people of this country into oblivion and attempt to provoke war with our allies, now we see this "deeply religious" man attends a church that preaches hatred to America. Specifically White America.

The Audacity of Hope, Barack Obama's best selling book that was, he says, inspired by his pastor Jeremiah Wright Jr. of the Trinity United Church of Christ, bear little resemblance to each other.

And there is little doubt in my mind that Barack Obama had knowledge that his pastor was a racist sicko freak who blames 9/11 on America herself and claims our country produced AIDS to "kill black people". His excuse's are as pathetic and wrong as Jeremiah Wright himself. And the Trinity United Church of Christ makes the KKK look like a square dance. I call on Barack Hussien Obama to denounce this man and his racist "church".

From the Trinity United website:"We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism."

Can you imagine what would befall a white Presidential candidate if you substituted the word white for black in the above paragraph? If McCain's church was "Unashamedly White"? Clinton's church claimed," We are European people and remain true to our native land"?????

We have seen Obama throw his lapel pin away claiming the flag is not patriotic, refuse to salute our flag, promise to tax the people of this country into oblivion and attempt to provoke war with our allies, now we see this "deeply religious" man attends a church that preaches hatred to America. Specifically White America.

At this point Obama would have to jettison his pastor off to another galaxy and it still probably wouldn't be enough.

You are right! I mean he (Obama) has been sitting in that church listening to this guy for over 20 years for a reason! He believes in Rev. Wright. I have heard that Oprah goes to the same church but I have not been able to confirm it.

Obama is a fake.

www.speakfreepolitics.com

If you read Obama's first book it sounds a lot like Dr. Wright,

http://www.examiner.com/a-536474~_Trapped_between_two_worlds_.html

“There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”

He added: “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

Obama said he and other blacks were careful not to second-guess their own racial identity in front of whites.

“To admit our doubt and confusion to whites, to open up our psyches to general examination by those who had caused so much of the damage in the first place, seemed ludicrous, itself an expression of self-hatred,” he wrote.

After his sophomore year, Obama transferred to Columbia University. Later, looking back on his years in New York City, he recalled: “I had grown accustomed, everywhere, to suspicions between the races.”

His pessimism about race relations seemed to pervade his worldview.

“The emotion between the races could never be pure,” he laments in “Dreams.” “Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.”

That's Obama's words not Dr. Wrights.

Obama won't be president, period. Not now. Nobody says "God Damn America" and gets rewarded with a chair in the Oval Office. Not gonna happen.

Thank you, and good night.

If you read Obama's first book it sounds a lot like Dr. Wright,

http://www.examiner.com/a-536474~_Trapped_between_two_worlds_.html

“There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”

He added: “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

Obama said he and other blacks were careful not to second-guess their own racial identity in front of whites.

“To admit our doubt and confusion to whites, to open up our psyches to general examination by those who had caused so much of the damage in the first place, seemed ludicrous, itself an expression of self-hatred,” he wrote.

After his sophomore year, Obama transferred to Columbia University. Later, looking back on his years in New York City, he recalled: “I had grown accustomed, everywhere, to suspicions between the races.”

His pessimism about race relations seemed to pervade his worldview.

“The emotion between the races could never be pure,” he laments in “Dreams.” “Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.”

That's Obama's words not Dr. Wrights.

After graduating from college, Obama eventually went to Chicago to interview for a job as a community organizer. His racial attitudes came into play as he sized up the man who would become his boss.

“There was something about him that made me wary,” Obama wrote. “A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.”

That hate hadn't gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.”

Obama’s racial suspicions were not always limited to whites. For example, after making his first visit to Kenya, he wrote of being disappointed to learn that his paternal grandfather had been a servant to rich whites.

He wrote in “Dreams” that the revelation caused “ugly words to flash across my mind. Uncle Tom. Collaborator. House ******.”

Such blunt and provocative observations about race are largely absent from Obama’s second memoir.

FOX News just kicked off the fear campaign complete with a video from Obama's church with his Rev. espousing the EVIL WHITE MAN! The Dems better be ready... or are they ready to blow another chance at the White House.

This is not good...

FOX News just kicked off the fear campaign complete with a video from Obama's church with his Rev. espousing the EVIL WHITE MAN! The Dems better be ready... or are they ready to blow another chance at the White House.

This is not good...

Yeah I would say "God Damn America" is a problem!

Forum List

Back