Obama has a big problem

Yeah I would say "God Damn America" is a problem!

I must admit, I don't know anyone that would sit in a Church and listen to this for 20 years and still say, I love America. It is very difficult to say it but FOX news is pushing this issue while all the other news centers are backing off and I don't agree with that. This is a major issue and until it is explained to my satisfaction, I will not vote for Obama. I may not vote for any Presidential Candiate.

So Democrats, make your choice...

I must admit, I don't know anyone that would sit in a Church and listen to this for 20 years and still say, I love America. It is very difficult to say it but FOX news is pushing this issue while all the other news centers are backing off and I don't agree with that. This is a major issue and until it is explained to my satisfaction, I will not vote for Obama. I may not vote for any Presidential Candiate.

So Democrats, make your choice...

I'm telling you at this point I would vote for Hillary a 100 times before I voted for Obama.

The Wright issue is beginning to have 24-7 coverage on FOX News.

Obama, nice to know you and good luck in whatever profession you chose.

The Wright issue is beginning to have 24-7 coverage on FOX News.

Obama, nice to know you and good luck in whatever profession you chose.

Agreed Hillary will win Pa and very well could win Nc as well.

FOX News just kicked off the fear campaign complete with a video from Obama's church with his Rev. espousing the EVIL WHITE MAN! The Dems better be ready... or are they ready to blow another chance at the White House.

This is not good...

Uhh,...CNN is talking about it too! Video as well.

While I agree that some of the things he said are true, one of the sermons I read had him saying black people will never amount to anything and it's all white people's fault. This is basically the same meme the Republicans have been using, except they don't blame white people for black difficulties, they blame Democrats.

There's something seriously wrong with that attitude.
Well, Black people did not create US Slavery, black people did not create poverty, black people did not create ghettos/projects, black people did not create bigotry, black people did not create jim crow laws and police brutality, black people did not create inequality...and yet they are tasked with rising above it.

What you say is also true.

The message the man gives is wrong. Would you tell your children they'll never amount to nothing and it's all someone else's fault?

What you say is also true.

The message the man gives is wrong. Would you tell your children they'll never amount to nothing and it's all someone else's fault?

Of course not, but there are several factors here and people tend to blame the victim rather than empower them.

Of course not, but there are several factors here and people tend to blame the victim rather than empower them.

Yep, and how do you suppose we empower someone who stated "God Damn American"?

Well, Black people did not create US Slavery, black people did not create poverty, black people did not create ghettos/projects, black people did not create bigotry, black people did not create jim crow laws and police brutality, black people did not create inequality...and yet they are tasked with rising above it.
Cry me a river.

Asians had/have the same problems but do you see them whining and acting the victim?
No, they rise above it.

Uncle Jeremiah is the epitome of black victimhood. If his alliance is to Africa as his church claims then let him move his sorry arse to Africa and damn America from over there.

For those of you who "damn America," are you saying that all white people do, all day long, is sit around and try to think up ways to put the black folk down? This makes me laugh...it sounds like you've spent too much time thinking up conspiracy theories. Sure , 150 years ago, that may be the case. But the last time I checked the law and the constitution, everyone is treated equally. The era of black suppression is over my friends and whoever fails to see it is simply hard-head and closed-minded. Blacks are allowed to do the same things that any other race is allowed to do, their allowed to have the same jobs, get the same pay, their not segregated...their equal, which is what was asked for during the Civil Rights Movement. The real racists are the once who preach like Pastor Wright and think that because the majority of black youth do not take it upon themselves to go to college and get good jobs that it's all the white people's fault.(by the way, I have seen black friends of mine go to college and end the cycle of poverty for their families), Did you know there is equally or more government assistance available to minorities (more exclusively African-Americans) to attend college? Sure the FAFSA says they don't discriminate against race or gender, but their pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. So it's all white peoples fault that there's a large number of poor black Americans. :cuckoo: None of us get any special treatment....so what are you all talking about. I don't ever remember a time in my life where I've even thought to "suppress" a black person.
Why should any race be granted "empowerment" that's unequal to me. I don't see any other race getting "empowerment" from anyone. There are just as many blacks in the country that are racists against whites.

What happens is, the majority of the white kids are taught, "Treat everyone equal and don't judge them by their skin color." I'm from south Texas and I was taught that. But a lot of little black kids are taught by their parents, that the whites are always trying to "stomp" on them, and that the whites are causing all the problems for the blacks. I'm not racist, I've got several black and hispanic friends, but I think you America haters need to take a good long look in the mirror before you start casting stones.

The Fact is, the law states that we're equal, and that's how people are treated. I don't see blacks being denied entry into stores anymore; never have in my lifetime. I see a black-hispanic-white-hispanic-white-black line of kids at the water fountain. There is no large evil plan by the whites to keep blacks at the lower class. Shame on you for assuming this. You can take all of your racists books and cram them.

By the way, if I had wanted to vote for Obama, his firm association with his racist goon would have changed my vote.

To your first question, Brian, which is "For those of you who "damn America," are you saying that all white people do, all day long, is sit around and try to think up ways to put the black folk down?". I would point out that no one on this board said "damn America", so I'm not quite sure to whom you're directing your inquiry.

Obama has taken the pastor out of his campaign.

Why no complaints about the Pastor Hayden who McCain has accepted? He said the Catholic Church is a Whore. Oh, that's right you do believe it is a whore.

Asians had/have the same problems but do you see them whining and acting the victim?
No, they rise above it. (All of them?

If you are comparing the Asian experience in America to the Black experience as being equal, you are full of sound and fury and quite a bit of bullshit.

Obama has risen above the inherent barriers of being a black in America. I guess he doesn't get credit in your eyes like the Asians?

Heh heh, sorry, I let my emotions get away with me on this one. But, if someone on this post were to be an "America Hater", then the post was for you. This was the post that got me all ryled up.

--While blacks did not create these things, blacks are no longer experiencing these things in mass. All races experience this to some degree. Old news is old news. Your opinion sounds a little biased, no matter what race you are.:cuckoo:

The issue here is this could be a very big problem for Obama. Perhaps not in the Dem. primaries or caucuses but in the general election it will dog him. It will be used as a point of fear for all the white voters just like terrorism was used to scare everyone to vote for bush. The GOP will hang their hats on it.

A few weeks ago I was confident of a Democratic President in the WH in 2009. Now, I don't know...

Forum List

Back