Obama Gives Brits Free Pass on Oil Spill While Lashing Out at Congress, Tea Partiers

Discussion in 'Environment' started by WillowTree, Jun 12, 2010.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,700
    President Obama on Saturday reassured Prime Minister David Cameron that his frustration over the oil
    spill in the Gulf of Mexico is not an attack on Britain.

But a day earlier, Obama blasted U.S. lawmakers and Tea Party activists for criticizing his response to the nation's worst environmental disaster, suggesting they are being hypocrites.

"I think it's fair to say, if six months ago, before this spill had happened, I had gone up to Congress and I had said we need to crack down a lot harder on oil companies and we need to spend more money on technology to respond in case of a catastrophic spill, there are folks up there, who will not be named, who would have said this is classic, big-government overregulation and wasteful spending," he told Politico in an interview.

Obama also suggested the criticism coming from anti-big government protesters, such as Tea Party activists, was hypocritical.

FOXNews.com - Obama Gives Brits Free Pass on Oil Spill While Lashing Out at Congress, Tea Partiers

There aren't enough words in the English language to adequately describe what a total asswipe this guy is. :lol::lol:

2. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,313
    What the President stated was correct.

Your reaction to it is just the partisan idiocy that one expects from you.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    Obama is a piece of shit.

He campaigned at least partly on a promise that if something like Katrina happened again his government would be ready and able to respond immediately and now he wants to criticize those who hold his feet to the fire?

Seriously, I think he's mental. Did anyone see his HS commencement speech where he urged graduates to accept responsibility for his own actions? Yet he can't? I'm sick of this guy.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Is that why, at every opportunity, the whiners call it 'British Petroleum'?

Because it hasn't actually been called BRITISH Petroleum in years... It is BP, Beyond Petroleum. But.... it's far better, politically, to remind Americans that it's a 'foreign' company. Americans can be so easily led.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    The spill wasn't caused by a lack of regulations. The problem was the EXECUTIVE BRANCH failed to enforce them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. OmniRocky

OmniRocky Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sadly, he's probably right. Although, I've never seen a president who reacts so much to criticism like this. At least not in words. I've heard it reported that what people say about him really gets under his skin. I wonder if he lets that happen a little too much.

7. Cal

Cal Since 2010™

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Exactly! When the no-regulation crowd actually sees the effects of just that- no-regulation, they start becoming a little less opposed to regulation. Just like with health reform, a recent article in our local paper focused on a former Tea Partier who's son has a life threatening disorder, and who used to be opposed to the HCR bill..But his son is about to excede the lifetime cap on coverage..He is now very, very supportive of the bill. Obama had it right!

8. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    POTUS was right to blame Congress and the Tea Party, which has no political power, for the oil spill?

9. txlonghorn

txlonghorn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Obama tells Britain no hard feelings over spill - Yahoo! News

I'm just wondering if anybody else out there had animosity toward Britain because of the oil spill...

Anyone?

Was it even necessary to tell the prime minister not to worry about the US being pissed off at Britain? OK, so Tony Hayward is British...big deal...and BO has already said that he would have fired him long ago...but that's not really going after Britain is it?

I don't think the prime minister is worried about Obama coming across the big pond to kick his ass....should he be? Of course not! But...I'm willing to bet you that he IS worried about the US throwing BP to the wolves and hurting the international interests of BP.

But we ARE talking about Obama...the man who wants EVERY nation to love him...so I guess this isn't too much of a stretch for Captain Apology

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,700
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: