Obama get very warm welcome to the house

The GOP wasn't screaming about death panels. One guy yelled liar when Obama said illegals wouldn't be covered. It didn't disrupt anything and he shut up. Yer making a mountain out of a molehill.

I'm simply saying this isn't a place for such disrespect. Plus some Republicans also booed along with the Liar comment. Did you not see Eric Cantor sitting there texting the entire time? One rep had a homemade sign on him that said What Bill? Some of the other GOP were waving around what I suppose were drafts of their own bill at certain points. Plus the whole "liar" incident. It wasn't just that one incident though.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/09/09/obama-joint-address/

Last edited:
The way levees work, as I understand it, is that it is the responsibility of ACOE to build them and do inspections, and then the maintenance falls to the local governments. The problem in NOLA was that those levies weren't built to withstand strong enough hurricanes in the first place. Over the years, there were arguments between the two entities about the levies, with the local governments saying that upgrading counted as building and therefore should be on ACOE's dime, and ACOE saying upgrades were the responsibility of the local government. I believe that's an argument that has been going on a long time, with wasted funding and corrupt politics scattered throughout the arguments. It is completely unfair and unjustified, in my opinion, to lay the blame for the collapse of the levies on Bush's doorstep. The aftermath - and the unqualified head of FEMA - was a huge black mark against the Bush administration, in my opinion. But they had nothing to do with anything other than that.

The GOP wasn't screaming about death panels. One guy yelled liar when Obama said illegals wouldn't be covered. It didn't disrupt anything and he shut up. Yer making a mountain out of a molehill.

I'm simply saying this isn't a place for such disrespect. Plus some Republicans also booed along with the Liar comment. Did you not see Eric Cantor sitting there texting the entire time? One rep had a homemade sign on him that said What Bill? Some of the other GOP were waving around what I suppose were drafts of their own bill at certain points. Plus the whole "liar" incident. It wasn't just that one incident though.

Think Progress » GOP Lawmakers Treat President Obama’s Joint Address To Congress Like A Town Hall Protest

yes it is. I loved it. after 8 long years the shoe is on the other foot. I absolutely love it.

The way levees work, as I understand it, is that it is the responsibility of ACOE to build them and do inspections, and then the maintenance falls to the local governments. The problem in NOLA was that those levies weren't built to withstand strong enough hurricanes in the first place. Over the years, there were arguments between the two entities about the levies, with the local governments saying that upgrading counted as building and therefore should be on ACOE's dime, and ACOE saying upgrades were the responsibility of the local government. I believe that's an argument that has been going on a long time, with wasted funding and corrupt politics scattered throughout the arguments. It is completely unfair and unjustified, in my opinion, to lay the blame for the collapse of the levies on Bush's doorstep. The aftermath - and the unqualified head of FEMA - was a huge black mark against the Bush administration, in my opinion. But they had nothing to do with anything other than that.

While I can understand that, if I were POTUS, I'd be damn sure after 9/11 to make sure every single target on that potential list was 100% perfect. Though maybe that's just common sense creeping in.

However, it is good to see we can agree that the aftermath of being unprepared for such an event and "Heck of a Job" Brownie were huge mistakes.

does anybody here remember the day the demoncwats disrespected President Bush at Coretta King's (?) funeral? I do.

Think Progress » GOP Lawmakers Treat President Obama’s Joint Address To Congress Like A Town Hall Protest

yes it is. I loved it. after 8 long years the shoe is on the other foot. I absolutely love it.

Whatever happened to that guy who challenged Chris Mathews to a duel?

does anybody here remember the day the demoncwats disrespected President Bush at the coronation? I do.

You loved it? What a sad statement. I don't particularly love seeing our national leaders act like middle schoolers at a football game while debating life and death issues, no matter which "side" it is.

I remember reading somewhere about a report before 9/11 that focused on the Twin Towers, the Levees in New Orleans, and several other places that could be potential targets. After 9/11, that report came into even more focus. However, nothing was done for four years, my question is why?

The leeves themselves were 15 years old, however, after 9/11, why was nothing done in solving this problem? The answer is obvious, the Bush Administration ignored it. Almost four years later, that decision came back to haunt them when there was a huge amount of egg on their face.

I think that the levees probably would have held if the hurricane had never hit.

You loved it? What a sad statement. I don't particularly love seeing our national leaders act like middle schoolers at a football game while debating life and death issues, no matter which "side" it is.

it didn't bother you a bit when it happened to President Bush.

Whatever happened to that guy who challenged Chris Mathews to a duel?

I'd forgotten all about that. Was that Zell Miller?

What on earth are you talking about? Of course it did. Read again:

"I don't particularly love seeing our national leaders act like middle schoolers at a football game while debating life and death issues, no matter which "side" it is."

The fact that you "love" it from one side and not the other is all about you and has nothing to do with me, so kindly refrain from projecting.

What on earth are you talking about? Of course it did. Read again:

"I don't particularly love seeing our national leaders act like middle schoolers at a football game while debating life and death issues, no matter which "side" it is."

The fact that you "love" it from one side and not the other is all about you and has nothing to do with me, so kindly refrain from projecting.

I do love it. President Bush suffered demoncwatic insults for 8 long years.. I love it now that they somehow feel they are "entitled" to respect. I just love it.

Forum List

Back