Obama Frees a Nuclear Terrorist

With such damning evidence, it must have been a cake walk to convict the guy.

So how many years did he get as part of his trial?
Might have been.

We don't try them though so that really is a moot point right now. Perhaps Obama should restart the trials that he started 6 years ago.

Why don't we try them? Our laws mandate that we do. Our constitution mandates it. By any semblance of our own values and legal system, the only circumstance where someone should be in prison for 10 years is when they've been sentenced to it after a conviction for a criminal offense.

So what was he convicted of?
We don't try them because that is virtually impossible when these people were captured on the battlefield.

I think we should try them in some manner that way we can point to an affirmative of guilt or not. It would make this process so much simpler but there are complications involved. Obama pushed hard for this to occur and then totally forgot about it.
Try them for what? Guilty of what? They are POWs. You dont try POWs. You hold them until hostilities are over.
Terrorist actions. You can get charged with committing terrorist actions or making terrorist threats even here on the states.

There is also no end to these hostilities. Ever. So is that the way we want to do things then? Hold them until they die of natural causes?

As far as I am concerned, we shouldn't be wasting the time and effort on that. They are criminals, not POW. There were not part of any nation that we were fighting and they certainly are not fighting legally. Try them and kill them. Done.
I disagree. Besides "terrorist action" doesnt mean much in criminal law.
No, they are enemy combatants, just like German or Japanese POWs in WW2. Heck, many of them were captured on a battlefield.

Forum List

Back