Obama - first president to have a problem with a News Network?

R

rdean

When I read about Fox and how freaked out they are at being called a "non-news" network, I really have to laugh. Somehow, those on the Right have forgotten everything the Bush administration did to reporters. Not just the funny stuff like refusing to call on any reporters that asked difficult questions, but even removing reporters from Air Force One.

Remember when Male whore Jeff Gannon was given "special" treatment because he only asked "softball" questions? A hooker, being asked over professional reporters because he kissed the Presidents ass.

And Fox news? It's one thing to present the other side, but what they want to do is destroy America. That is something else entirely.

Just so sick of right wing hypocrisy. Like Congressman Grayson said, "The right is the enemy of America".

--------

Other journalists, including ABC news anchor Peter Jennings, said similar statements. CNN’s top war correspondent, Christiane Amanpour went so far to say during a CNBC talk show that the press muzzled itself during the Iraq war and CNN was intimidated by the Bush administration and Fox News.

Perhaps some of these reporters really were scared for their lives during wartime and didn’t want to further risk their lives by getting the U.S. military mad. Reporters Without Borders, which ranked the U.S. 17th in press freedom in 2003, with Finland, Iceland, Norway and Holland at the top, accused the U.S. Defense Department and the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission of ignoring its demands for a proper search for two journalists that were missing in southern Iraq for a month. The agencies also refused to investigate deaths of several journalists there.

How the Bush Administration Intimidates the Mainstream U.S. Media

Oh, I always love the "Mom the other kid did it too" defense. It's called "Appeal to Mom" and it's in the "bandwagon" category of logical fallacies.

It's also one that most mature people stop trying to use after age nine or so.

Idiots who use it today fail to realize it's actually an argument against Obama, because here you are again, comparing him to Bush! :rofl:

Can you not see how infantile and stupid that is? And how it totally belies the "change" mantra? :rofl:

the US media sucks so hard, it is hardly believable that there is any information at all.
then you have the pro-mixing of opinion and news, to get the always lovable excuse seen daily on message boards: uguguga, this was the opinion hit squad! hahah. not the fair and balanced NEWS department.

and the constant whingeing (yes whingeing) about the mainstream media. you fuckers forget how christ tinglin leg matthews jizzed his pants when bush landed on the carrier?

FUCK YOU!

your media is a lap dog, no matter who is in charge, and FOX is is entertainment.

When I read about Fox and how freaked out they are at being called a "non-news" network, I really have to laugh. Somehow, those on the Right have forgotten everything the Bush administration did to reporters. Not just the funny stuff like refusing to call on any reporters that asked difficult questions, but even removing reporters from Air Force One.

Remember when Male whore Jeff Gannon was given "special" treatment because he only asked "softball" questions? A hooker, being asked over professional reporters because he kissed the Presidents ass.

And Fox news? It's one thing to present the other side, but what they want to do is destroy America. That is something else entirely.

Just so sick of right wing hypocrisy. Like Congressman Grayson said, "The right is the enemy of America".

--------

Other journalists, including ABC news anchor Peter Jennings, said similar statements. CNN’s top war correspondent, Christiane Amanpour went so far to say during a CNBC talk show that the press muzzled itself during the Iraq war and CNN was intimidated by the Bush administration and Fox News.

Perhaps some of these reporters really were scared for their lives during wartime and didn’t want to further risk their lives by getting the U.S. military mad. Reporters Without Borders, which ranked the U.S. 17th in press freedom in 2003, with Finland, Iceland, Norway and Holland at the top, accused the U.S. Defense Department and the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission of ignoring its demands for a proper search for two journalists that were missing in southern Iraq for a month. The agencies also refused to investigate deaths of several journalists there.

Just so sick of right wing hypocrisy.

I'm sick of the word...... hypocrisy

the US media sucks so hard, it is hardly believable that there is any information at all.
then you have the pro-mixing of opinion and news, to get the always lovable excuse seen daily on message boards: uguguga, this was the opinion hit squad! hahah. not the fair and balanced NEWS department.

and the constant whingeing (yes whingeing) about the mainstream media. you fuckers forget how christ tinglin leg matthews jizzed his pants when bush landed on the carrier?

FUCK YOU!

your media is a lap dog, no matter who is in charge, and FOX is is entertainment.

He also jizzed in his pants for Obama. The difference is he hasn't stopped jizzing.

FUCK YOU!

He also jizzed in his pants for Obama. The difference is he hasn't stopped jizzing.

haha, that was my point. a complete cheer leader! embarrassing then embarrasing now. but the talking point of the tingling leg channel that is new. msnbc in 2003 was the mmmmmsucknutbushchannel. you know when the war crimes were perpetrated. hmmmmmmmm, preemptive war, hmmmmmmmmmmmm

--------

I think that you need to watch Fox, instead of accepting anyone's opinion on it. The White House does not like it because they are the ONLY network that investigates actually what's in the health care plan, the cap and trade program, the stimulus program etc.

You libs are like sheep being led to the slaughter, you investigate nothing and stay on very liberal networks because a real news channel might actually get you to engage your brain.

Oh, I always love the "Mom the other kid did it too" defense. It's called "Appeal to Mom" and it's in the "bandwagon" category of logical fallacies.

Idiots who use it today fail to realize it's actually an argument against Obama, because here you are again, comparing him to Bush! :rofl:

Can you not see how infantile and stupid that is? And how it totally belies the "change" mantra? :rofl:

And yet the fact remains 'that those on the right have forgotten how Bush tried to freeze out the mainstream press.' Was the comment a justification of action or a statement on the hypocrisy of the right? If it is the latter then it is a proposition not a premise and therefore not a fallacy. By the way, "redherring" it the introduction of a false or irrelevant argument in order to direct the argument away from the proposition. Is there a reason those on the right do not want to discuss Bush's treatment of the mainstream press?

By the way, Bush sought out affirmative journalism. Obama is rejecting them. That's called change...

--------

I think that you need to watch Fox, instead of accepting anyone's opinion on it. The White House does not like it because they are the ONLY network that investigates actually what's in the health care plan, the cap and trade program, the stimulus program etc.

You libs are like sheep being led to the slaughter, you investigate nothing and stay on very liberal networks because a real news channel might actually get you to engage your brain.

It seems kind of fishy that they complain about Fox News when they don't even watch it..
I guess that's where the sheep comes in...:lol:

And yet the fact remains 'that those on the right have forgotten how Bush tried to freeze out the mainstream press.' Was the comment a justification of action or a statement on the hypocrisy of the right? If it is the latter then it is a proposition not a premise and therefore not a fallacy. By the way, "redherring" it the introduction of a false or irrelevant argument in order to direct the argument away from the proposition. Is there a reason those on the right do not want to discuss Bush's treatment of the mainstream press?

By the way, Bush sought out affirmative journalism. Obama is rejecting them. That's called change...

I accept your argument on Bush... Obama rejects affirmative journalism, please explain that one...:lol:...see ya

I think the point is that when BOOOOOOOOSH did it the right remained silent and the left didn't freak out and act like the sky was falling.

I think the point is that when BOOOOOOOOSH did it the right remained silent and the left didn't freak out and act like the sky was falling.

I don't recall Bush calling out a certain News Channel, personally or through his Press Secretary, perhaps you could refresh my memory.

I just think Obama et all is just keeping his captured/managed on the reservation, damn you can't have them out there doing investigative reporting...:lol:

I don't recall Bush calling out a certain News Channel, personally or through his Press Secretary, perhaps you could refresh my memory.

I just think Obama et all is just keeping his captured/managed on the reservation, damn you can't have them out there doing investigative reporting...:lol:

It doesn't have to be the same exact thing in order for the point to be valid.

Damn, I though I had you there, 1) sure the rights going to remain silent, 2) the left didn't freak out.. maybe I didn't notice from all the whining.

Fox makes a big deal of it because it increases their ratings, good for business.

Maybe Obama should complain about the suck-hole media, they sure need the ratings...:lol:

Damn, I though I had you there, 1) sure the rights going to remain silent, 2) the left didn't freak out.. maybe I didn't notice from all the whining.

Fox makes a big deal of it because it increases their ratings, good for business.

Maybe Obama should complain about the suck-hole media, they sure need the ratings...:lol:

I've been saying this whole time that the administration being vocally critical of FOX News only serves to further empower FOX News not marginalize them.

I can remember the Smothers Bros crucifying LBJ over the Vietnam War and he did nothing. When Nixon became president and they targeted him over the war, he got them kicked off CBS and blackballed from TV.
CON$ can dish it out but cry like babies when the Golden Rule bites them in the butt. :rofl:

Here's the problem, Art, and I will respond without insult to you because you are one of the few who leans left but is actually very reasoned in your opinions.

Fact: Every Administration has 'wrist slapped' a news outlet on occasion. This usually is a 1 or 2 week 'we won't talk to you' thing. That is accepted as a game between the WH and news outlets.

Fact: The Obama Admin has taken that to a whole new level - they are refusing point blank to work with Fox.

That sets a very dangerous precedent for ALL the news outlets. In this case, the broadcasters but all the news outlets (print and broadcast) are now concerned about the way the WH is treating Fox.

If they allow it, they run the risk that - with the next Administration - THEY might be the one frozen out.

So, all the broadcasters have now decided to stand by Fox. Yesterday, when the WH made someone available to each network apart from Fox, the ALL refused to participate unless Fox was included.

This is a good thing - no matter which side of the fence you sit. We, the People, cannot have the WH calling the shots with the media.

You get that, right?

Forum List

Back