This is fun -- WH TV pool bucks Obama.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Midnight Marauder, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    The entire WH TV news pool united and told the WH they wouldn't interview one of the Czars if Fox News couldn't. The WH had earlier barred only FNC from the interview. Behold:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=BlMILRyDRdM]YouTube - White House tries to bar Fox News from intervewing pay czar[/ame]

Milhous, this is what happens when you try this infantile nonsense.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    Wow. It sounds like the other networks finally realized that what Obama is trying to do to Fox. could happen to them. Good for them for finally taking a stand.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    It's because this had happened to them in the past. Difference is, Fox News didn't stand up for them.

4. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914

Care to try again with specifics and a link?

5. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Show me where Fox News was defending NBC when the Bush Administration went on the attack in 2007. Show me where President Bush gave ONE interview to the New York Times.

Several Republicans were calling for them to be freeze out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y05lVO_izCY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Dana Perino admits that the Bush White House essentially froze out MSNBC towards the end[/ame]

And where was Fox News when Gillespie sent out that letter bashing NBC? Cheering him right on.

Even Perino admits they froze out MSNBC, meanwhile Fox tries to defend it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  6. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    This SPECIFIC instance never happened before. The story you're referencing isn't the same at all.

THIS was the WH trying to exclude a pool member from a pool round-robin interview. No President has ever done that. The rest of the networks had a meeting and decided they would not do the interview either unless ALL of the pool was included.

Do you understand what the pool is? The five networks share the cost of everything, and share all the same access to pool events.

This was unprecedented, as the newspaper TV critic in the video explains to you.

Now, defend it and stop deflecting.

7. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    :rolleyes: I never said what the Obama Administration did was right. It was wrong.

8. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    I didn't say you did.

What you did try to do was the old "Appeal to Mom" defense/deflection. "Mom, the other kid did it too!" never worked, even on Mom.

It's in the "bandwagon" category of logical fallacies, and is also one that most mature people stop trying to use after age nine or so.

Users of it to defend Obama fail to realize it's actually an argument against Obama, because here you are again, comparing him to Bush! :rofl:

There should be no such comparisons. There was supposed to be change and Obama was supposed to be SO much better.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,448
    Good for the other companies who stood up for Fox's rights, as lousy a propaganda machine as it has become. Talk about showing some class, huh! Maybe Fox will get the message here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Not at all, I just point out hypocrisy where I see it. You can try and copy your post as you applied to Rdean as to me but it won't fly. I'm not defending Obama or are you being a wack job? I have been saying for quite awhile now that there is not that much difference between Obama and Bush. In fact, one of the main reasons why I can't stand Obama at the present moment is his policy of doing what Bush did on most issues. It's a laundry list of issues.

The irony that seems to be lost on people that the same people complaining about Obama now in 2009 on the right are the same people who voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004. Not that big of a difference. Oh wait, I know! It's because there's a (D) next to Obama's name. :lol: