Obama - first president to have a problem with a News Network?

Oh, I always love the "Mom the other kid did it too" defense. It's called "Appeal to Mom" and it's in the "bandwagon" category of logical fallacies.

It's also one that most mature people stop trying to use after age nine or so.

Idiots who use it today fail to realize it's actually an argument against Obama, because here you are again, comparing him to Bush! :rofl:

Can you not see how infantile and stupid that is? And how it totally belies the "change" mantra? :rofl:

Obama is nothing like Bush, but Bush was very much like Nixon, and Cheney is a Spiro Agnew clone.
Remember Spiro, before the indictment, one arrogant ass. Few cried when he went down, as few will if Cheney does too.
Daddy Bush clearly hates RM and KO; I suppose much like Nixon and how he felt about Tom & Dick - managing to get CBS to shut down their comedy hour.

It doesn't have to be the same exact thing in order for the point to be valid.

Damn, I though I had you there, 1) sure the rights going to remain silent, 2) the left didn't freak out.. maybe I didn't notice from all the whining.

Fox makes a big deal of it because it increases their ratings, good for business.

Maybe Obama should complain about the suck-hole media, they sure need the ratings...:lol:

I've been saying this whole time that the administration being vocally critical of FOX News only serves to further empower FOX News not marginalize them.

Ah, Breathing the sweet air of agreement...(Senator Article 15) you got a name?

Damn, I though I had you there, 1) sure the rights going to remain silent, 2) the left didn't freak out.. maybe I didn't notice from all the whining.

Fox makes a big deal of it because it increases their ratings, good for business.

Maybe Obama should complain about the suck-hole media, they sure need the ratings...:lol:

I've been saying this whole time that the administration being vocally critical of FOX News only serves to further empower FOX News not marginalize them.

Ah, Breathing the sweet air of agreement...(Senator Article 15) you got a name?

Senator?

lol

Not in this lifetime, Lumpy

When I read about Fox and how freaked out they are at being called a "non-news" network, I really have to laugh. Somehow, those on the Right have forgotten everything the Bush administration did to reporters. Not just the funny stuff like refusing to call on any reporters that asked difficult questions, but even removing reporters from Air Force One.

Remember when Male whore Jeff Gannon was given "special" treatment because he only asked "softball" questions? A hooker, being asked over professional reporters because he kissed the Presidents ass.

And Fox news? It's one thing to present the other side, but what they want to do is destroy America. That is something else entirely.

Just so sick of right wing hypocrisy. Like Congressman Grayson said, "The right is the enemy of America".

--------

Other journalists, including ABC news anchor Peter Jennings, said similar statements. CNN’s top war correspondent, Christiane Amanpour went so far to say during a CNBC talk show that the press muzzled itself during the Iraq war and CNN was intimidated by the Bush administration and Fox News.

Perhaps some of these reporters really were scared for their lives during wartime and didn’t want to further risk their lives by getting the U.S. military mad. Reporters Without Borders, which ranked the U.S. 17th in press freedom in 2003, with Finland, Iceland, Norway and Holland at the top, accused the U.S. Defense Department and the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission of ignoring its demands for a proper search for two journalists that were missing in southern Iraq for a month. The agencies also refused to investigate deaths of several journalists there.

How the Bush Administration Intimidates the Mainstream U.S. Media

I think that you need to watch Fox, instead of accepting anyone's opinion on it. The White House does not like it because they are the ONLY network that investigates actually what's in the health care plan, the cap and trade program, the stimulus program etc.

You libs are like sheep being led to the slaughter, you investigate nothing and stay on very liberal networks because a real news channel might actually get you to engage your brain.

It seems kind of fishy that they complain about Fox News when they don't even watch it..
I guess that's where the sheep comes in...:lol:
I watch Fox news and I know many other libs that do too.

the US media sucks so hard, it is hardly believable that there is any information at all.
then you have the pro-mixing of opinion and news, to get the always lovable excuse seen daily on message boards: uguguga, this was the opinion hit squad! hahah. not the fair and balanced NEWS department.

and the constant whingeing (yes whingeing) about the mainstream media. you fuckers forget how christ tinglin leg matthews jizzed his pants when bush landed on the carrier?

FUCK YOU!

your media is a lap dog, no matter who is in charge, and FOX is is entertainment.

He also jizzed in his pants for Obama. The difference is he hasn't stopped jizzing.

haha, that was my point. a complete cheer leader! embarrassing then embarrasing now. but the talking point of the tingling leg channel that is new. msnbc in 2003 was the mmmmmsucknutbushchannel. you know when the war crimes were perpetrated. hmmmmmmmm, preemptive war, hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Provide evidence of War crimes. I am beyond tired of you lying pieces of shit making this shit up. Put up or admit you are wrong.

Remember Bush banishing Helen Thomas because he did not like her questions?

Remember Reagan and Sam Donaldson?

0_62_320_hc_bush2.jpg

There are many many pictures of Bush and fox personalities, but I cant seem to find Bush on MSNBC for some reason....:)

When I read about Fox and how freaked out they are at being called a "non-news" network, I really have to laugh. Somehow, those on the Right have forgotten everything the Bush administration did to reporters. Not just the funny stuff like refusing to call on any reporters that asked difficult questions, but even removing reporters from Air Force One.

Remember when Male whore Jeff Gannon was given "special" treatment because he only asked "softball" questions? A hooker, being asked over professional reporters because he kissed the Presidents ass.

And Fox news? It's one thing to present the other side, but what they want to do is destroy America. That is something else entirely.

Just so sick of right wing hypocrisy. Like Congressman Grayson said, "The right is the enemy of America".

--------

Other journalists, including ABC news anchor Peter Jennings, said similar statements. CNN’s top war correspondent, Christiane Amanpour went so far to say during a CNBC talk show that the press muzzled itself during the Iraq war and CNN was intimidated by the Bush administration and Fox News.

Perhaps some of these reporters really were scared for their lives during wartime and didn’t want to further risk their lives by getting the U.S. military mad. Reporters Without Borders, which ranked the U.S. 17th in press freedom in 2003, with Finland, Iceland, Norway and Holland at the top, accused the U.S. Defense Department and the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission of ignoring its demands for a proper search for two journalists that were missing in southern Iraq for a month. The agencies also refused to investigate deaths of several journalists there.

Nobody but the wingnuts really cares anything about Fox News. I wouldn't miss them a bit if they weren't around.

0_62_320_hc_bush2.jpg

There are many many pictures of Bush and fox personalities, but I cant seem to find Bush on MSNBC for some reason....:)

With good reason, he just wasn't good at it. He only got in front of the cameras when he had no other choice and usually screwed himself bigtime when he did. Debates for example.

Even when the deck is totally stacked for Bush, he is horrible at it.

I can remember the Smothers Bros crucifying LBJ over the Vietnam War and he did nothing. When Nixon became president and they targeted him over the war, he got them kicked off CBS and blackballed from TV.
CON$ can dish it out but cry like babies when the Golden Rule bites them in the butt. :rofl:

ed in his media lab....

TinFoilHat_MIT.jpg

go get those filthy con$, ed, we're all pulling for you!

:thup:

I think the point is that when BOOOOOOOOSH did it the right remained silent and the left didn't freak out and act like the sky was falling.

I don't recall Bush calling out a certain News Channel, personally or through his Press Secretary, perhaps you could refresh my memory.

I just think Obama et all is just keeping his captured/managed on the reservation, damn you can't have them out there doing investigative reporting...:lol:

Do a little research and I think the results will surprise you.

Remember, for a while, Jeff Gannon, of Military Man Dot Com, a male whore and professional prostitute was pretty much Bush's spokesman. The rest of the press corp couldn't figure out who he was, but Bush called on him over and over again becuase he would ask questions like, "Mr. President, how do you manage to do your job with you have obstructionist, anti American Democrats working against you and this country?"

For his "services" Jeff Gannon, of Military Man Dot Com, a male whore and professional prostitute was allowed to sleep in the White House at least a dozen times. The Secret Service refused to release the name of who signed him in or where he "slept".

Can you imagine if a Democratic President did something like that? Seriously? The howling from the Republicans over "morals" and "values". Republicans are hypocrites. No way around that one.

--------

Ok. But if it was wrong for Bush to do it, why is it ok for Obama to continue doing it? If the best answer you can come up with is 'you lost, suck it up' . . . don't bother answering.

--------

Nobody but the wingnuts really cares anything about Fox News. I wouldn't miss them a bit if they weren't around.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

have you met zona? :rofl:

good one!

--------

I think that you need to watch Fox, instead of accepting anyone's opinion on it. The White House does not like it because they are the ONLY network that investigates actually what's in the health care plan, the cap and trade program, the stimulus program etc.

You libs are like sheep being led to the slaughter, you investigate nothing and stay on very liberal networks because a real news channel might actually get you to engage your brain.

It seems kind of fishy that they complain about Fox News when they don't even watch it..
I guess that's where the sheep comes in...:lol:

Oh, they're watching all right.

--------

Ok. But if it was wrong for Bush to do it, why is it ok for Obama to continue doing it? If the best answer you can come up with is 'you lost, suck it up' . . . don't bother answering.

You can't have a news network dedicated to bringing down the President of the United States and him not saying anything ever about it.
Death panels
comparisons to Nazi's
Racist

Look what happened when Obama took his wife out on a date one Saturday night.

Come on. How much does he have to take? Is this news to you? This is what you call news? They are being called out on being Anti American. And I hope he doesn't "fail".

--------

Yes, let's just throw out all media that disagrees with the administration. Let's have all media be yes men and report only what the WH says. Let's not have any media present a different point of view. :cuckoo:

Be careful what you wish for Sarah, the other team will be in the driver's seat again.

Obama - first president to have a problem with a News Network?

No, he isn't. However, he certainly is the first to be this publicly childish about it. Further, he has hit it on many fronts, talk show hosts, individually and independently and then the FOX news network as a whole.

Frankly his actions (which is reflected by his staff) and mind set about this is troubling. Two months ago his commanding general requested additional troops and support, yet this White House in those two months has given more attention to the talk show hosts and FOX.

Clearly there are more examples, but this one is sufficient.

If this does not bother even his most astute supporters, then they may wish to take a long look at their own political motivations and how unhealthy they may be.

Mike

--------

You can't have a news network dedicated to bringing down the President of the United States and him not saying anything ever about it.
Death panels
comparisons to Nazi's
Racist

Look what happened when Obama took his wife out on a date one Saturday night.

Come on. How much does he have to take? Is this news to you? This is what you call news? They are being called out on being Anti American. And I hope he doesn't "fail".

We're not talking about the opinion stuff, we're talking news. Bret Baier, Major Garrett, Shep Smith. So you're saying that Fox shouldn't bother presenting a different POV?

You didn't answer my question. If it was wrong for Bush to do it why is it ok for Obama to continue doing it? I thought he was going to be different. You know, that whole 'change' thing. Why doesn't he step above the fray?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back