Obama - first president to have a problem with a News Network?

Obama - first president to have a problem with a News Network?

No, he isn't. However, he certainly is the first to be this publicly childish about it. Further, he has hit it on many fronts, talk show hosts, individually and independently and then the FOX news network as a whole.

Frankly his actions (which is reflected by his staff) and mind set about this is troubling. Two months ago his commanding general requested additional troops and support, yet this White House in those two months has given more attention to the talk show hosts and FOX.

Clearly there are more examples, but this one is sufficient.

If this does not bother even his most astute supporters, then they may wish to take a long look at their own political motivations and how unhealthy they may be.

Mike

Now you are just repeating Dick Cheney talking points. Troop requests sat on "ahem" "President" Cheney's desk for a year before Obama became President. What did Republicans do that was so good and helpful in Afghanistan.

Obama is trying to be "thoughtful" and not just go off half cocked. If we had a president the last term who actually thought things through, then half a million Christians would be alive in Iraq today. Women would still be able to work. Bin Laden would probably be dead.

If Republicans were so all fired up about these wars, how come so few enlisted?

You know, if another million Repubublicans had enlisted when they were screaming for more war, the wars would be over.

When I read about Fox and how freaked out they are at being called a "non-news" network, I really have to laugh. Somehow, those on the Right have forgotten everything the Bush administration did to reporters. Not just the funny stuff like refusing to call on any reporters that asked difficult questions, but even removing reporters from Air Force One.

Remember when Male whore Jeff Gannon was given "special" treatment because he only asked "softball" questions? A hooker, being asked over professional reporters because he kissed the Presidents ass.

And Fox news? It's one thing to present the other side, but what they want to do is destroy America. That is something else entirely.

Just so sick of right wing hypocrisy. Like Congressman Grayson said, "The right is the enemy of America".

--------

Other journalists, including ABC news anchor Peter Jennings, said similar statements. CNN’s top war correspondent, Christiane Amanpour went so far to say during a CNBC talk show that the press muzzled itself during the Iraq war and CNN was intimidated by the Bush administration and Fox News.

Perhaps some of these reporters really were scared for their lives during wartime and didn’t want to further risk their lives by getting the U.S. military mad. Reporters Without Borders, which ranked the U.S. 17th in press freedom in 2003, with Finland, Iceland, Norway and Holland at the top, accused the U.S. Defense Department and the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission of ignoring its demands for a proper search for two journalists that were missing in southern Iraq for a month. The agencies also refused to investigate deaths of several journalists there.

How the Bush Administration Intimidates the Mainstream U.S. Media

Nobody but the wingnuts really cares anything about Fox News. I wouldn't miss them a bit if they weren't around.

Yes, let's just throw out all media that disagrees with the administration. Let's have all media be yes men and report only what the WH says. Let's not have any media present a different point of view. :cuckoo:

Be careful what you wish for Sarah, the other team will be in the driver's seat again.

No, just the ones that disagree with me. Obama will reach out to them at some point.

Ok. But if it was wrong for Bush to do it, why is it ok for Obama to continue doing it? If the best answer you can come up with is 'you lost, suck it up' . . . don't bother answering.

You can't have a news network dedicated to bringing down the President of the United States and him not saying anything ever about it.
Death panels
comparisons to Nazi's
Racist

Look what happened when Obama took his wife out on a date one Saturday night.

Come on. How much does he have to take? Is this news to you? This is what you call news? They are being called out on being Anti American. And I hope he doesn't "fail".

We're not talking about the opinion stuff, we're talking news. Bret Baier, Major Garrett, Shep Smith. So you're saying that Fox shouldn't bother presenting a different POV?

You didn't answer my question. If it was wrong for Bush to do it why is it ok for Obama to continue doing it? I thought he was going to be different. You know, that whole 'change' thing. Why doesn't he step above the fray?

There are no news reporters on Fox. Ok, sometimes a little news does manage to "slip through", but it's a very rare occasion.

Besides, if you watch CNN and MSNBC, these networks critisize Obama all the time. On everything from Gitmo, to DADT, to the economy, to Iraq, to Afghanistan. But they also print the good things. Name something good Fox has reported. How balanced it that?

Remember Bush banishing Helen Thomas because he did not like her questions?

Remember Reagan and Sam Donaldson?

You see no difference between 'banishing' one journalist from one organization and banishing a whole organization - and with it a whole audience of people who, whether they voted for the POTUS or not, have a right to be informed about their government, do you not?

If so, then your comparison is, to quote another poster, comparing apples to oranutangs.

If not, don't ever try a 'spot the difference' competition - you'll lose.

You can't have a news network dedicated to bringing down the President of the United States and him not saying anything ever about it.
Death panels
comparisons to Nazi's
Racist

Come on. How much does he have to take? Is this news to you? This is what you call news? They are being called out on being Anti American. And I hope he doesn't "fail".

We're not talking about the opinion stuff, we're talking news. Bret Baier, Major Garrett, Shep Smith. So you're saying that Fox shouldn't bother presenting a different POV?

You didn't answer my question. If it was wrong for Bush to do it why is it ok for Obama to continue doing it? I thought he was going to be different. You know, that whole 'change' thing. Why doesn't he step above the fray?

There are no news reporters on Fox. Ok, sometimes a little news does manage to "slip through", but it's a very rare occasion.

Besides, if you watch CNN and MSNBC, these networks critisize Obama all the time. On everything from Gitmo, to DADT, to the economy, to Iraq, to Afghanistan. But they also print the good things. Name something good Fox has reported. How balanced it that?

And with that, you have just lost any last remaining shred of credibiity. Congratulations.

If the Hussein is so thin skinned and can't take a little critizism, he shouldn't be President.

If you know how tough a job is going to be you can't complain about it when you get it. But, that just illustrates the magnitude of the Hussein's arrogance. He really believes that he alone is exempt from all burdens that come with the job.

"Bush-Cheney raised a lot of cash to give to big media companies for advertising, which is, in effect, little more than bribes."

From the unread article linked to in the moronic OP

Death panels
comparisons to Nazi's
Racist

Just last night on Bret Baier, Charles Krauthammer agreed that Obama made the correct call with the bank/CEO pay situation. He specifically said that Obama is not a businessman and he made a very smart decision to have Feinberg calling the shots on this.

You still haven't answered my question. If it was wrong for Bush to do it why is it ok for Obama to continue doing it? I thought he was going to be different. You know, that whole 'change' thing. Why doesn't he step above the fray?

Last edited:
Whatever Bush did, whatever Nixon did, whatever anyone else did, hasn't a damn thing to do with what Obama is doing!

This man is failing miserably and he is spending more time focused on BS, jet setting on Air Force One, speaking on TV and giving info commercials.

He needs to stick his ass to his offices and get busy really working.

Enough of the talk and the selling, enough of the blaming, enough of the school yard BS. Do your job or get out. Period.

Mike

Obama needs some help with the TV media. Here's some suggestions:

8. Profile czar - Mariah Carey
7. Hotness czar - Beyonce
6. Transparency czar - Joe Biden
5. Opening monologue - Jay Leno
4. Weened from the teleprompter consultants - Saturday Night Live
3. TV Pool monitor - James Carville
2. Speech accuracy czar - Joe Wilson
1. TV appearance prop master - Whoever that gal was at the Doctor's for
Health care reform speech.

Death panels
comparisons to Nazi's
Racist

This is exactly where you lost sight of the roll of the media. You say that MSNBC and CNN report both good and bad.....and Fox only reports bad.

It is not the roll of the NEWS to report good and bad...it is thje roll of the news to report the news and it is up to the viewer to determine if it is good or bad...Fox reports on the healthcare debate...many see it as bad...some see it as good. Fox reports on the locking of a door..some see it bad, other see it as good. Fox reports on Acorn...some see it as good others see it as bad...

So tell me....name ONE news event as it pertains to Obama that Fox did not report on?

I can name a dozen that MSNBC did not report on....but give me one that Fox did not report on?

And by the way...it is not up to the news to "decipher" the news...
Fox reported that people attended the town halls and expressed anger....that was the news as people DID attend the town halls and DID express anger.

MSNBC also reported the news...that people attended the town halls and expressed anger....but they ALSO deciphered the news and let everyone know that they were most likely plants and not real people...they did not know for sure....but they assumed and reported it as such.

So Fox then reported that many...including dems in congress....believed that they were plants....and so they then INVESTIGATED and ionterviewed attendees asking them if they were plants...and all said they were not.

MSNBC did not back off their claim that they were plants and THEIR investigation to confirm they were plants was reporting that Pelosi says they were plants.....but never reported from the town halls and ask the attnedees themselves.

And FOX is then chastised fror making Obama look bad....why? Becuase they refused to assume and instead went straight to the source to find out?

MSNBC is HERALDED for not really investigating, but simply finding congress memebers that would concur with their assumption?

Very sad that people are being led by their undies by THEIR media.

They are making you look foolish.

When I read about Fox and how freaked out they are at being called a "non-news" network, I really have to laugh. Somehow, those on the Right have forgotten everything the Bush administration did to reporters. Not just the funny stuff like refusing to call on any reporters that asked difficult questions, but even removing reporters from Air Force One.

Remember when Male whore Jeff Gannon was given "special" treatment because he only asked "softball" questions? A hooker, being asked over professional reporters because he kissed the Presidents ass.

And Fox news? It's one thing to present the other side, but what they want to do is destroy America. That is something else entirely.

Just so sick of right wing hypocrisy. Like Congressman Grayson said, "The right is the enemy of America".

--------

Other journalists, including ABC news anchor Peter Jennings, said similar statements. CNN’s top war correspondent, Christiane Amanpour went so far to say during a CNBC talk show that the press muzzled itself during the Iraq war and CNN was intimidated by the Bush administration and Fox News.

Perhaps some of these reporters really were scared for their lives during wartime and didn’t want to further risk their lives by getting the U.S. military mad. Reporters Without Borders, which ranked the U.S. 17th in press freedom in 2003, with Finland, Iceland, Norway and Holland at the top, accused the U.S. Defense Department and the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission of ignoring its demands for a proper search for two journalists that were missing in southern Iraq for a month. The agencies also refused to investigate deaths of several journalists there.

I think that you need to watch Fox, instead of accepting anyone's opinion on it. The White House does not like it because they are the ONLY network that investigates actually what's in the health care plan, the cap and trade program, the stimulus program etc.

You libs are like sheep being led to the slaughter, you investigate nothing and stay on very liberal networks because a real news channel might actually get you to engage your brain.

Fox doesn't investigate anything. They just read off the GOP talking points and declare them as gospel truth.

When I read about Fox and how freaked out they are at being called a "non-news" network, I really have to laugh. Somehow, those on the Right have forgotten everything the Bush administration did to reporters.
Fox is not "freaked out" at all. You Libs think you're doing damage but in fact you're only driving their ratings up.

What else you Libs fail to notice is that the "Bush did it too" defense is wearing thin and is not in keeping with the "hopey changey" mantra you so love. But keep doing it because you know the definition of insanity right? I know you do.

Last edited:

--------

I think that you need to watch Fox, instead of accepting anyone's opinion on it. The White House does not like it because they are the ONLY network that investigates actually what's in the health care plan, the cap and trade program, the stimulus program etc.

You libs are like sheep being led to the slaughter, you investigate nothing and stay on very liberal networks because a real news channel might actually get you to engage your brain.

Fox doesn't investigate anything. They just read off the GOP talking points and declare them as gospel truth.

I suggest you say "in my opinion"...seeing as that is your opinion.

Otherwise, you are outright lying....as it is an outright lie.

But I am sure that does not phase you.

It's not a lie. Hell, several times they've simply copy/pasted GOP memos, typos and all, and reported it as news.

It's not a lie. Hell, several times they've simply copy/pasted GOP memos, typos and all, and reported it as news.

Yeah...and I am sure they shared that information with you.

Funny....Fox news lies all the time...yet you never see the nightly news on any channel report such lies.

Dan Rather mis reports once in 20 years and it is all over the MSM news....Fx news lies ALL THE TIME and not one report about it on the news.

Only left wing blogs report such lies.

So they must be REAL lies.

Pathetic.

Just last night on Bret Baier, Charles Krauthammer agreed that Obama made the correct call with the bank/CEO pay situation. He specifically said that Obama is not a businessman and he made a very smart decision to have Feinberg calling the shots on this.

You still haven't answered my question. If it was wrong for Bush to do it why is it ok for Obama to continue doing it? I thought he was going to be different. You know, that whole 'change' thing. Why doesn't he step above the fray?

Wow, what a compligment. Obama is NOT a businessman and his one good decision was passing the buck.

Thanks for setting me straight.

--------

Ya like the "death panels"...that was some investigating journalism! Apparently "retention" after reading the bill that was not a bill yet isn't Fox's strong suit.

--------

OMG! Please tell me you really can tell the difference between someone having problems with particular reporters whose personal behavior they find obnoxious and refusing to deal with that particular individual - and an attempt by the Executive branch of our government to try and forcibly shut down an entire news network! There is nothing similar between the Bush administration finding particular reporters to be too obnoxious to deal with and deciding not to deal with a particular reporter - and a President behaving like a third world DICTATOR who thinks HE has the RIGHT to try and punish the free press for BEING a free press instead of parroting the government approved PROPAGANDA. In reality what Obama doesn't like isn't Fox's NEWS reporting -but a couple of their OPINION shows. Which has nothing to do with their NEWS reporting -even admitted to by press secretary Gibbs when he said the shows at 5 and 9 back up their claim Fox is not a real news organization. Except there is no news on at those hours -it is an OPINION show on at each of those times. So Obama wants to punish the entire news network because he objects to two OPINION shows that aren't kissing his ass!

For you to claim that Fox is "trying to destroy America" (without providing a single example of how Fox is trying to "destroy" the country) is not only STUPID and totally unfounded opinion beyond belief -but only proves you don't watch the station anyway. Which means your personal opinion about Fox has no foundation in the first place! What is the BULLSHIT about other news organizations being "intimidated" by Fox News during the Iraq War? Fox doesn't control any other news organization, has ZERO power over them WHATSOEVER. So what an INCREDIBLY lame whine and cheesy complaint that they were "intimidated" by some other news organization! Why does Fox news have far higher ratings than nearly all the other cable news organizations combined? You really think there are that many Americans who want their own country destroyed? Or are they people who believe Fox is the best place to get the FULL facts because other stations refuse to report the full facts? Maybe you didn't know that the employees of Fox News are nearly evenly divided with 52% identifying themselves as liberals or Democrats and the rest as conservative or independent. No other news organizations can make that claim because 85% or MORE of their employees are liberals. Even Fox is out of whack with the real demographics of the country where only 20% are liberal, but its sure better than MSNBC where more than 95% of the staff is liberal. Fox's audience is also very balanced, nearly as many liberals as conservatives and even more independents -all of them "traitors" trying to destroy the nation regardless of their personal political views? Are you out of your mind? When only liberals are the massively employed at a news station, then everything gets filtered through the liberal lens because there is no one left to point out that bias is seeping into the reporting. But at Fox there is a good balance, enough so that one side or the other will act as watchdog to demand a neutral filter on their NEWS REPORTING. Which has nothing to do with their OPINION SHOWS.

You must actually believe this is just YOUR country and that of other whacked out liberals and anyone with an opinion that disagrees with your own is "trying to destroy the country", right? ROFLMAO Not real big on that freedom of speech and freedom of the press thing any more than Obama is, are you? Liberals rarely are.

Rahm Emanuel -who bears an uncanny resemblance to Rasputin minus the pointy beard -couldn't have made it any clearer during his interview. What put a real chill up the spines of other news organizations that ended up coming to the defense of Fox - was his not-so hidden threat about the consequences for OTHER news organizations that do any reporting on the same kind of stories that Fox does. Government practically ORDERING news organizations NOT to report on stories critical or less than flattering about the Obama administration. Proper role of the Executive branch in your mind? You know Obama went too far when other news organizations come to the defense of Fox -and they did. The attempt by the White House to have Fox thrown out of the White House POOL, trying to ban Fox from receiving the pool reports all other news organization receives from pool reporters deserves an investigation as a blatant abuse of power that just keeps getting worse in their attempt to FORCE the media to operate as the government lapdog and propaganda machine. So it isn't just Fox who finds Obama's abuse of power to be nothing but an attempt to squelch freedom of speech and the press -other news organizations are just as appalled.

This is NOT like ANYTHING the Bush administration did at all. But it is like what Nixon tried to do. But when he did it was DEMOCRATS who squealed about the blatant abuse of power to try and manipulate the media to report the way the President wanted and punish those who refused and that is was an attempt to abridge freedom of speech and of the press! Now it isn't since a Democrat is doing it? ROFLMAO Want to talk REAL hypocrisy here?

Truly I'd rather be dead than be a mindless, freedom-despising, totalitarian-loving liberal who values his own freedom not at all -and therefore is more than willing to sell off MINE.

I have news for you bubba. This is MY country too -and I resent the left-wing extremists, who represent a tiny MINORITY in this country -acting like third world tinpot despots in their haste to strip Americans of their real freedoms and liberties so they can entrench their power. But Hugo Chavez sure approves -he even said he thought Obama should rescind the Presidential term limitations like HE did -and also become become "President-for-life" -in other words, he thinks Obama would make a fine dictator cut out of the same cloth as himself. Not a reference I find impressive.

Forum List

Back