Obama, FFS!

Crisis averted!

The speech will come before the game.

joe blow from bumfuck, kentucky told me that he wanted to take a big dump right before the game. he has no tv in the "bathroom" behind "his" trailer.

how dare obama try to sneak his job speech past joe blow. he has to reschedule.

I'm not up with the protocols, but someone elsewhere claimed that Boehner has the right to veto the president's preferred date.
Is that right?

Yes, he does have the ability to refuse to convene Congress on the President's timetable.

So...the President asked the Speaker - as he must.
The Speaker said that it doesn't suit, can I suggest this date?
The President said "OK".
No drama.

Except...the Right say that he was bitch-slapped by Boehner.
The Left say that he has shown his willingness to negotiate and compromise in a non-partisan manner.

**sigh**
When will it end?

Barry's speech never should have been scheduled the same night as the debate to begin with. Duh.

Moronic is as moronic does.

Yes, he does have the ability to refuse to convene Congress on the President's timetable.

The President said "OK".
No drama.

The Left say that he has shown his willingness to negotiate and compromise in a non-partisan manner.

**sigh**
When will it end?

Barry's speech never should have been scheduled the same night as the debate to begin with. Duh.

All of this discussion re: the speech time, is supposed to go on under the radar, with polite notes being passed between the White House staff, the House Speaker's staff and the Senate Majority leader's staff and should never have bubbled to the surface where the media's talking heads could discuss it. Somebody on the White House Staff either forgot the protocol, or forgot the House was GOP controlled, or expected the Repubs to automatically cave to Obama's wishes whenever or decided it would be a nice idea to trump the Republican debate by having the can do president giving the speech while the wannabe's squabbled.
Typical overreach of the arrogant. For instance: Hitler thought he had the Brits on the ropes and just about finished, and now was the apropriate time to start dealing with and eliminate those 'unter muenchen' in the East, leaving the actual finishing off of the Brits for a little later.
The debate and the speech should have been left as scheduled. Obama delivering a speech promising more of the same: More Government intervention in the markets, more Government largesse to the indolent class, more Government regulations, more Government takeover of finance versus a group of men talking about using the same chanisms that made this country great over the last two hundred and thirty years. And it all could have been done with the Solyndra bankruptcy as background. Another 535 million taxpayor dollars down the tubes. How do you spell B-L-A-C-K-H-O-L-E?
G-O-V-E-R-N-M-E-N-T!

The President said "OK".
No drama.

**sigh**
When will it end?

All of this discussion re: the speech time, is supposed to go on under the radar, with polite notes being passed between the White House staff, the House Speaker's staff and the Senate Majority leader's staff and should never have bubbled to the surface where the media's talking heads could discuss it. Somebody on the White House Staff either forgot the protocol, or forgot the House was GOP controlled, or expected the Repubs to automatically cave to Obama's wishes whenever or decided it would be a nice idea to trump the Republican debate by having the can do president giving the speech while the wannabe's squabbled.
Typical overreach of the arrogant. For instance: Hitler thought he had the Brits on the ropes and just about finished, and now was the apropriate time to start dealing with and eliminate those 'unter muenchen' in the East, leaving the actual finishing off of the Brits for a little later.
The debate and the speech should have been left as scheduled. Obama delivering a speech promising more of the same: More Government intervention in the markets, more Government largesse to the indolent class, more Government regulations, more Government takeover of finance versus a group of men talking about using the same chanisms that made this country great over the last two hundred and thirty years. And it all could have been done with the Solyndra bankruptcy as background. Another 535 million taxpayor dollars down the tubes. How do you spell B-L-A-C-K-H-O-L-E?
G-O-V-E-R-N-M-E-N-T!

Ooooo, you said 'black' hole. They be gonna callin' youse a racist, fo' sho'!

The entire thing makes Obama look like an even bigger petulant, leadlerless derp.

So what's more important to you Merkins...jobs or football?

You phrased the question wrong.

It should have been "So what's more important to you Merkins...a politician with near record low approval ratings yakking about jobs but not really doing much about it or football?"

And the answer then is "football."

have to agree and I would add, he gave several much ballyhooed Jobs speeches already, several in fact. The fact that he feels he needs a session of congress to do it in should be proof enough that he is aware that his 'coin' on this topic is much diminished. he lead us on over-hyped and now, is grasping for the spotlight, it won't fly. and god help him if he doesn't have a plan, a real plan, on paper and scorable by the CBO.

Well, I don't know.
He was suggesting that he make his address when everyone was already gathered together...it seems like an efficient and cost-effective use of time to me...

Obama is now Boehner's bitch.

forbes_logo_main.gif

Obamacare Is Working!!!

obama-obey-200x300.jpg

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

Boehner_crying_narrow.jpg

I'm not up with the protocols, but someone elsewhere claimed that Boehner has the right to veto the president's preferred date.
Is that right?

The President said "OK".
No drama.

**sigh**
When will it end?

Except it was inappropriate for him to ask when the GOP has already scheduled their debate. It showed great disrespect for Nancy Reagan who was allowing the debate at the Reagan Library. In short, it made Obama look like a cheap Community Organizer pulling a stunt.

Oh... wait....

Why should anyone wonder what Obama is going to say anyway? I doubt I would listen to this speech even if all channels cancelled all other broadcasts and let Obama have ALL of the airways for whatever time he wanted. He will say nothing of importance...he will call on Congress to solve the problem for him...he will chastise Republicans for not compromising (CAVING IN AND ADOPTING HIS WARPED PHILOSOPHIES AND DESTRUCTIVE PLANS)...he will blame the bad economy on Hurricane Irene, the Japanese Tsunami, Katrina, George Bush and all the problems He inherited from him.

Obama is an empty suit, has no leadership skills and could not come up with an original thought concerning the resolution of our problems if his life depended on it.

Anyone interested in doing so can read every word of his speech on line or in newsprint the next day. Let me know if he says anything significantly different from what I have outlined above.

You may recall Obama's last speech...the one he scheduled for 1PM...then didn't show up for....kept the investors waiting for his "sermon on the mount"...disappointed them so much that the stock market fell steadily AS HE SPOKE.

The man is a total waste of time. I am happy that the market will be closed when he makes this next worthless speech. I predict that the market will fall the next day.

As one cartoon character said (I think it was in POGO)..."we have found the enemy and it is us!"

We don't need any more uncertainties and calls for Congress to put aside their differences and do something constructive. We need A PLAN OF ACTION!

Show us your plan Mr. Obama!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
Businesses aren't hiring because his regulations are too tight. They have no incentive to help this guy and a lot of good reasons to see him fail. Nothing he will say next week is going to change that.

Funny...I just did a google search on why businesses aren't hiring and not once were regulations mentioned. There was a lot of mention about technology and about overseas jobs that cost these businesses less in labor...but nothing about all these "regulations" the right keeps screaming about.

well, if your google search said so, it must be true :lol:

fuckroast

it actually gets better, carney lied ( again) thru his teethe today when he said it was coincidental...they cannot even keep their storylines straight and seriously, this is such a friggin unforced stupid error, I very seriously think they are in a panic over there and david plouffe is in way above his head...this was all just stupid, very very stupid.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Well, I don't know.
He was suggesting that he make his address when everyone was already gathered together...it seems like an efficient and cost-effective use of time to me...

that's because you are possessed of a low double digit iq

:thup:

Why aren't you praising him for trying to save money?

Forum List

Back