The "fumble at the goal line rule" makes no sense. If the defense never possesses the ball, they should not be awarded a turnover.

There should not be a change of possession on the fumble at the goal line and out of bounds. As CouchPotato stated in another post, it's a stupid rule and has the potential to decide the outcome of games.

Not convincing. It is simply an application of the "no fumble forward" rule. What would you do, give the offense a free fumble?

I hate the fair catch at an in bounds kick off rule... some of the most exciting plays in my opinion are run back plays...

They claim to minimize injuries. Pretty soon it will be 50 plays each. 25 run 25 pass. Winner take all. It used to be more like 90 plays in the olden days. But the clock just runs and runs nowdays.

Not a huge watcher of the NFL but they have all the games at my golf club every Sunday so this year I kind of got into it... boy its changed since I was an avid watcher and fan...

I am going out on a limb here. Note: I despise the "breaking the plane BS". One millimeter for 1 microsecond.....touchdown as they swat it out of his hands. "Oh, he broke the plane". What a crock. Determined by a guy 25 yds away in the middle of a pile of 300lbers' Or a slow motion replay where you can't see crap.

The old rugby standard, "down the ball with two hands in the end zone" would be more reasonable IMVHO.

Therefore if the offense is stupid enough to Fumble it forward willy-nilly into the end zone...(then maybe out due to the bounce) while trying to go into the endzone.....then the penalty should be severe. It is extremely severe. How severe? You all will say move it back to spot of fumble and give it back to offense? Whats to keep runner from literally throwing it at the EndZone flag?

How to make it less severe? Defense works hard to stop them and jar the ball loose. They deserve something.

Not convincing. It is simply an application of the "no fumble forward" rule. What would you do, give the offense a free fumble?
Enforce the rule the same way that is done for the entire field of play. Return the ball to the offense from the spot it was fumbled. Why would you reward the defense the ball if they did not recover it? Again it makes no sense and has the potential to reverse the entire outcome of the game.

They claim to minimize injuries. Pretty soon it will be 50 plays each. 25 run 25 pass. Winner take all. It used to be more like 90 plays in the olden days. But the clock just runs and runs nowdays.
True and that's lame. Kickers are so good now the short kick is often a strategy by the kicking team to force the other team to run it back. The fair catch rule takes that away.

Enforce the rule the same way that is done for the entire field of play. Return the ball to the offense from the spot it was fumbled. Why would you reward the defense the ball if they did not recover it? Again it makes no sense and has the potential to reverse the entire outcome of the game.
The offense gets to keep the ball if it is fumbled out of bounds. The end zone is not out of bounds. Every mistake has the potential to reverse the outcome of the game. I like it that way.