Obama Drone Attacks Legal/Moral?...

No it's not. There is a fundamental difference.

We don't target civilians to spread terror. We target Al Qaida terrorists.:cuckoo:

but both kill innocent people. that's how you justify it being OK? In the eyes of the victims, you think they give a shit what the intentions are?

Yes.

We are in a war. In a war people innocent people sometimes die unfortunately.

And yes, it's a fundamental children that we target terrorists and the enemy targets civilians.

In every single war some innocent people are killed.

Except american civilians, since the war never takes place on our homeland. If you had to experience that, I'm sure you would sing a different tune

but both kill innocent people. that's how you justify it being OK? In the eyes of the victims, you think they give a shit what the intentions are?

Yes.

And yes, it's a fundamental children that we target terrorists and the enemy targets civilians.

Except american civilians, since the war never takes place on our homeland. If you had to experience that, I'm sure you would sing a different tune

You must have missed the memo.

September 11 attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cmike showing his ignorance again. I am pretty sure fox would hire him

Yes.

9/11 wasn't 8 years of constant warfare

9/11 wasn't 8 years of constant warfare

The warfare wasn't in this homeland for the next 7 years later.

Don't worry. Obama has changed that.

We have had 3 Al Qaida attacks in his first year. I am sure we will have more.

I would think that the Terrorists are working on some Drones of their own. If it's Legal and Moral to use Drones to attack them on their soil,i would think they could effectively argue the legality of using Drones to attack us here. Hmm?

I thought i might have been subtle enough that you guys would glance over the true intent of my post....you are both too darn smart :lol:

I was arguing with someone about Iraqi insurgents (yeah yeah so passe now i know) the other day and I said to them "If Iraq was in our streets trying to help us, but armed with guns and military equipment, I would be that insurgent" I know myself too well.

we are the terrorists to them and they call the people firing at our troops freedom fighters. just a different perspective

No it's not. There is a fundamental difference.

We don't target civilians to spread terror. We target Al Qaida terrorists.:cuckoo:

But say England had troops in our streets looking for "al qaida" terrorists. I'd be pretty agitated about a foreign military on my soil and as a citizen i would feel outraged enough to take up arms like many citizens of iraq did when we got there.

I was talking about the Iraqi civilians not Al-Quaida terrorists....i think blu was too but am not positive.

Yes.

1. Do you live in NYC? Lose loved ones? Was one of the people running away from the collapsing buildings? in the pentagon? if you were not personally in that situations, then you still dont' know what its like to be attacked or bombed. Hearing jets overhead expecting a missile to strike nearby. Having bullets flying in hand to hand combat, etc.

2. not to discredit the horrors many faced and witnessed, and those lost loved ones, but 9/11 was nothing compared to what many countries we bomb have to go through. it's more than one day, one event, and they don't have anybody to protect them,etc. So comparing 9/11 to having a true battlefield in your backyard is nothing. Our lives go on as normal, their does not

3. anybody who had been through the horrors of 9/11 is a complete retard if in return they want to inflict the same horrors on other people besides the terrorist themselves.

I would think that the Terrorists are working on some Drones of their own. If it's Legal and Moral to use Drones to attack them on their soil,i would think they could effectively argue the legality of using Drones to attack us here. Hmm?

Hello??? They hijacked passenger planes and crashed them into the WTC.

Do you really think Al Qaida cares about what is legal and moral?

We've been through this already, but I guess you can't help yourself spouting this over and over again but it seems you are saying that because al qaida doesn't care what's legal and wrong, neither should we? WE are supposed to be better than them

Intermission.

Everyone step back and read the posts you made and try to put yourselves in the shoes of those you are arguing with. Just try it for a min.

You all have some validity but are letting something get in the way of realizing it.

We've been through this already, but I guess you can't help yourself spouting this over and over again but it seems you are saying that because al qaida doesn't care what's legal and wrong, neither should we? WE are supposed to be better than them

We are. We target terrorists. They target civilians.

We either engage in the war or we let them win. Those are the two choices.

Why wouldn't it be considered Legal or Moral if they used Drones to attack us? It seems they would have a valid argument no?

In thier own country? ...I don't see how they would be anything less than traitors if they didn't use any and all means neccesary to evict us.

What if we killed a few thousand Iraqis... just throwing up a "fantasy" scenerio... What if said Iraqis didn't take it so well? Not like us. What if they snuck in and invaded our country to kill those that made the decision to illegally invade thier country. Just sayin... What if they were on the side of righting a wrong and we resisted said invasion? Would we be insurgents?, freedom fighters?...terrorists?,...patriots?

What it comes down to is that our country does not respect other peoples. It is so convenient to invade and occupy a country like Afgahnistan when suprise...suprise there is a proposed gas pipeline being considered for the region going right through Afgahnistan if only someone would just please kill all the unco-operative taliban. That is why Bin Ladin was not captured or killed in tora bora my fine freinds. That is what Cheneys oil and energy meetings were all about BEFORE we even got attacked on 9/11. Oh I know ... just a coincidink!:lol: Sorry my bad:cuckoo:

Why wouldn't it be considered Legal or Moral if they used Drones to attack us? It seems they would have a valid argument no?

In thier own country? ...I don't see how they would be anything less than traitors if they didn't use any and all means neccesary to evict us.

What if we killed a few thousand Iraqis... just throwing up a "fantasy" scenerio... What if said Iraqis didn't take it so well? Not like us. What if they snuck in and invaded our country to kill those that made the decision to illegally invade thier country. Just sayin... What if they were on the side of righting a wrong and we resisted said invasion? Would we be insurgents?, freedom fighters?...terrorists?,...patriots?

What it comes down to is that our country does not respect other peoples. It is so convenient to invade and occupy a country like Afgahnistan when suprise...suprise there is a proposed gas pipeline being considered for the region going right through Afgahnistan if only someone would just please kill all the unco-operative taliban. That is why Bin Ladin was not captured or killed in tora bora my fine freinds. That is what Cheneys oil and energy meetings were all about BEFORE we even got attacked on 9/11. Oh I know ... just a coincidink!:lol: Sorry my bad:cuckoo:

The problem is that they came to our country and attacked us.

911 attack - Google Search

I would rather the front of the war be on their doorstep, not ours.

Yeah, and who wouldn't. But that doesn't excuse the fact how flippant you are that innocent lives are lost. Or is it not a problem because its arab/ muslims lives being lost? That's the entire point of many of our arguments, how you easily shrug off the fact we kill innocent people, hence why many people were so gung-ho against war (Iraq more than AFghanistan), because of the realization that many innocent people were going to die.

If they decided to use Drones to attack us here on our own soil i'm sure they could easily use the same argument..."We're in a War and innocent people are going to die." Just looking at it from their perspective.

The real problem as I see it is that people like you have EXTREMELY selective memory about recent history. I don't want to call you a hypocritical flaming sack of shit ...so I won't but there was this little problem with our(Donald Rumsfeld) having sold the Iraqis the gas and helecopter fittings that Saddam used to kill the Kurds and how our ambassadore OK'd the Iraqis invasion of Kuaitt to recover what was stolen from them by the Kuaittis by cross drilling for oil miles underneath their border. Then we built an air base in Saudi Arabia holy land which we knew was going to stir up resentment with the muslim clerics in SA. That was the stated reason Bin Ladin used to organize the 9/11 attack. Since then we removed the air base and there have been no major attacks. Ya there was the shoe bomber and recently the underwear bomber attempts but we are still pissing off alot of muslims so what do we expect? Where do we get off thinking we can go anywhere and do any damn thing we want without blowback? It is clear that you and people like you are not interested in peace. You do not care how many americans have to pay the ultimate price for you ignorance and hubris. The solution is obvious ..the obstruction to it is oblivious willfull ignorance.

Forum List

Back