Obama doesn't Support "Free Speech" Rights...

The KKK whether or not you agree with them has the same rights as any group to hold a rally. And if you are going to defend constitutional rights for one group, you must defend them for all groups.

But Obama didn't defend or attack their constitutional rights. He just used his moral judgment and his intelligence to conclude that burning the Korans would be a bad decision. Is he allowed to make that judgment call?

His statement implies that they have the constitutional right to burn holy books. The issue with that action is whether or not they should do it. He goes one step further than with the community center case.

That's right Obama didn't defend the man's constitutional rights. Period.

Clarify please.

Did I accuse hm of trying to take anything away?

Get your head out of your ass and pay attention.

My bad. So, how was Obama "not protecting" this lunatic's rights, specifically?

Requesting the guy call of the "stunt" isn't exactly protecting his right to free speech.

Telling him his constitutional right would be destructive" and a "recruitment bonanza for al-Qaida." isn't what I would call defending the man's rights.

The fact that I'm having to explain this to you indicates that you are not capable of thinking for yourself.

why is obama required to *defend* something which isn't threatened?

i mean, besides to prove he's not a muslim?

But Obama didn't defend or attack their constitutional rights. He just used his moral judgment and his intelligence to conclude that burning the Korans would be a bad decision. Is he allowed to make that judgment call?

His statement implies that they have the constitutional right to burn holy books. The issue with that action is whether or not they should do it. He goes one step further than with the community center case.

That's right Obama didn't defend the man's constitutional rights. Period.

Clarify please.

^Hey look, yet again Bodecea can't Avoid my Threads!...

Shadow in Deed! :rofl:

:)

peace...

Obama is NOT allowed to make such statements...don't you know? He's simply not allowed.

I have to say it's amazing what Obama can and cannot say. Tomorrow they are going to say that by criticizing John Boehner, Obama is not defending John Boehner's freedom of speech rights.

Requesting the guy call of the "stunt" isn't exactly protecting his right to free speech.

Telling him his constitutional right would be destructive" and a "recruitment bonanza for al-Qaida." isn't what I would call defending the man's rights.

The fact that I'm having to explain this to you indicates that you are not capable of thinking for yourself.

He Defended the Muslim's Rights on the Mosque...

He Failed to, and instead Attacked this Asshat in Florida...

Both Issues are Constitutional Rights Issues whether or not you Agree with either.

Speech and Religion.

peace...

Sure is funny how O's comments on the pastor's rights to burn the koran were "implied" but on August 14, O had this to say about the mosque and their rights:

"Let me be clear. As a citizen, and as President, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country," he said to applause at the White House. "And that includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in Lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances."

Obama: Quran-burning a 'bonanza for al-Qaida' - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

"If he's listening, I hope he understands that what he's proposing to do is completely contrary to our values as Americans," Obama said. "That this country has been built on the notion of freedom and religious tolerance."

The president also said Jones' plan, if carried out, could serve as an incentive for terrorist-minded individuals "to blow themselves up" to kill others.

"And as a very practical matter, as commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women in uniform," the president said.

But does he have the "Right" to do it?... Obama was QUICK to Support the Islamists and the Proposed Mosque @ Ground Zero...

Interesting how he Selective in his Support of certain Constitutional Rights for certain People.

peace...

So saying "that the Quran-burning plan by a Florida pastor was "destructive" and a "recruitment bonanza for al-Qaida." "

is what?

Wrong?

He's spot on correct.

And building a mosque two blocks from ground zero is also a recruitment bonanza for Christian zealots, too.

Two diametically opposing groups of religious nutters squabbling over basically nothing, from my opinion.

Sad that Obama doesn't have the stones to tell them both what morons they BOTH really are.

He Defended the Muslim's Rights on the Mosque...

He Failed to, and instead Attacked this Asshat in Florida...

Both Issues are Constitutional Rights Issues whether or not you Agree with either.

Speech and Religion.

peace...

Exactly correct.

sumpin wrong with these tracks, they not be parallel. at all. :eusa_eh:

Obama: Quran-burning a 'bonanza for al-Qaida' - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

"If he's listening, I hope he understands that what he's proposing to do is completely contrary to our values as Americans," Obama said. "That this country has been built on the notion of freedom and religious tolerance."

The president also said Jones' plan, if carried out, could serve as an incentive for terrorist-minded individuals "to blow themselves up" to kill others.

"And as a very practical matter, as commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women in uniform," the president said.

But does he have the "Right" to do it?... Obama was QUICK to Support the Islamists and the Proposed Mosque @ Ground Zero...

Interesting how he Selective in his Support of certain Constitutional Rights for certain People.

peace...

So saying "that the Quran-burning plan by a Florida pastor was "destructive" and a "recruitment bonanza for al-Qaida." "

is what?

Wrong?

He's spot on correct.

And building a mosque two blocks from ground zero is also a recruitment bonanza for Christian zealots, too.

Two diametically opposing groups of religious nutters squabbling over basically nothing, from my opinion.

Sad that Obama doesn't have the stones to tell them both what morons they BOTH really are.

about 70% of the people of NYC oppose this mosque being put where it is being put. I don't think you can classify that 70% as "religous nutters" but you Kerry on anyways.

*touches nose with finger and points to Del while nodding.

Obama is NOT allowed to make such statements...don't you know? He's simply not allowed.

I have to say it's amazing what Obama can and cannot say. Tomorrow they are going to say that by criticizing John Boehner, Obama is not defending John Boehner's freedom of speech rights.

Or, Option 2: By not bringing up John Boehner, Obama is not defending his freedom of speech rights.

Sure is funny how O's comments on the pastor's rights to burn the koran were "implied" but on August 14, O had this to say about the mosque and their rights:

"Let me be clear. As a citizen, and as President, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country," he said to applause at the White House. "And that includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in Lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances."

And.....?

He should defend all Americans constitutional rights as long as those rights are not infringing on anyone else's rights.

Asking the guy to call off his plans because he deems it contrary to our values is utter bullshit. If we don't value our freedoms then what do we value?

He should defend all Americans constitutional rights as long as those rights are not infringing on anyone else's rights.

Asking the guy to call off his plans because he deems it contrary to our values is utter bullshit. If we don't value our freedoms then what do we value?

So, "asking" someone to have a little common sense is such a bad thing and is oppressing his right to free speech, eh? "Asking" a person to have a little common sense and call off his attention whoring plans is "utter bullshit"?

What freedom, besides your freedom to be a total attention whore are we valuing here, "Logic"?

Or, Option 2: By not bringing up John Boehner, Obama is not defending his freedom of speech rights.

Or, Option 3:... Option 4:... Option 10000: ...

There never seems to be a lack of creativity in finding bogus reasons to blame Obama for something.

Did you hear? Obama did not defend the right of the people to say the sky is green!

He is a muslim. He has a muslim name, and he's admitted he's muslim. You may as well admit that he, and you, are both sympathetic to islam, the violent bastard religion that has killed so many Americans in cold blood, and you are in the same breath militant and combative towards Christians. You people are anti American and anti Christian, and everyone can see it. It's as plain as the nose on your face.

And.....?

Notice the emphasis on right, not just what I hi-lited but what O said. But there is a difference in what O said about the mosque building and what we're supposed to imply or read between the lines about the pastor's rights from his speech.

Just answering your And?

We value morality, we value intelligence, we value wisdom, etc.

And we value freedoms.

I am able to walk and chew gum at the same time. Are you?

what part of *asking* don't you understand?

i don't like obama; i didn't vote for him, i don't support his policies and i think he's as much of an empty suit as his predecessor was, but at least he came out and said what needed to be said: both about the fuckwits that want to build the mosque and this fuckwit pastor in florida.

you alleged *conservatives* crack me up-goldwater wouldn't have pissed on you if you were fully involved in flames.

He is a muslim. He has a muslim name, and he's admitted he's muslim. You may as well admit that he, and you, are both sympathetic to islam, the violent bastard religion that has killed so many Americans in cold blood, and you are in the same breath militant and combative towards Christians. You people are anti American and anti Christian, and everyone can see it. It's as plain as the nose on your face.

Ah, we've arrived in CloudCuckooland now. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back