Obama doesn't Support "Free Speech" Rights...

You are correct, that this idiotic Jones has a RIGHT to do this. I do not believe anything that Obama said infringed on that right.

He damn sure wasn't protecting his right. Now was he?

So all you wingnuts have run to the other side of the boat now and decided that disagreeing with this crazy Jeezus freak burning a Koran is the equivalent of infringeing on his rights?

Wasn't it just last week that disagreeing with the building of the NYC mosque was NO WAY!!!! infringeing on anyone's rights...

Very funny.

So...President Obama exercised poor judgement? Poor judgement in saying that this koran burning is not a good idea?

That didn't bother me.

But I would have preferred it if he also mentioned 1st Amendment rights like he did when he spoke out about the mosque.

Just one more thing that paints him as a coward IMO.

Just digging like a dog in the backyard to come up with some anti-Obama spin to put on this.

You people are fucking obsessed.

You are correct, that this idiotic Jones has a RIGHT to do this. I do not believe anything that Obama said infringed on that right.

So all you wingnuts have run to the other side of the boat now and decided that disagreeing with this crazy Jeezus freak burning a Koran is the equivalent of infringeing on his rights?

Wasn't it just last week that disagreeing with the building of the NYC mosque was NO WAY!!!! infringeing on anyone's rights...

Very funny.

psssst! Logic :doubt:

Very funny.

psssst! Logic :doubt:

You can't shame them with their own hypocrisy. They have achieved total shamelessness. And taken alot of the fun out of it, I must say...

I would like to remind you all that the MOST IMPORTANT THING is not some yahoo minister burning holy books in order to get his name in the news and to piss off people we are trying to get mellowed out....

No....the MOST IMPORTANT THING is that President Obama did NOT remind us about the 1st Amendment right to free speech. He has the NERVE to assume we knew already.

HOW DARE HE!!!!!!!!! THE COWARDLY MOOOOOOSLIM!!!!! :evil:

So...President Obama exercised poor judgement? Poor judgement in saying that this koran burning is not a good idea?

That didn't bother me.

But I would have preferred it if he also mentioned 1st Amendment rights like he did when he spoke out about the mosque.

Just one more thing that paints him as a coward IMO.

Just digging like a dog in the backyard to come up with some anti-Obama spin to put on this.

You people are fucking obsessed.

And to think, I actually voted for the guy. :lol:

I would like to remind you all that the MOST IMPORTANT THING is not some yahoo minister burning holy books in order to get his name in the news and to piss off people we are trying to get mellowed out....

No....the MOST IMPORTANT THING is that President Obama did NOT remind us about the 1st Amendment right to free speech. He has the NERVE to assume we knew already.

HOW DARE HE!!!!!!!!! THE COWARDLY MOOOOOOSLIM!!!!! :evil:

He sure seemed to think it was worth mentioning when he spoke out about the mosque. In fact, that was all he had to say about the mosque until pressed about it later.

...If he then talks about how bad it is for another group to practice their religion, because it upsets others, then I will call him on it.

I did not realize it was part of the Christian religion to burn Korans.

It's impressive considering that when Christianity was conceived, the Koran had not been written yet.

...If he then talks about how bad it is for another group to practice their religion, because it upsets others, then I will call him on it.

It's impressive considering that when Christianity was conceived, the Koran had not been written yet.

To some small loony toon sects, apparently it is very important....to look like total asses. (Which is their right, btw)

Christians burn people at the stake. A Koran burning is almost civilized, compared to that.

No.

He exercised poor judgment in showing a preference for one groups rights over another groups. He is everyone's president, not just of the people he agrees with, I hope he learns that before he leaves office, but I don't think he is capable of learning that, it would require him to be humble.

Obama: Quran-burning a 'bonanza for al-Qaida' - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

"If he's listening, I hope he understands that what he's proposing to do is completely contrary to our values as Americans," Obama said. "That this country has been built on the notion of freedom and religious tolerance."

The president also said Jones' plan, if carried out, could serve as an incentive for terrorist-minded individuals "to blow themselves up" to kill others.

"And as a very practical matter, as commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women in uniform," the president said.

But does he have the "Right" to do it?... Obama was QUICK to Support the Islamists and the Proposed Mosque @ Ground Zero...

Interesting how he Selective in his Support of certain Constitutional Rights for certain People.

:)

peace...

It always amazes me how Muslims have rights, and Christians are intolerant. Maybe Christians should go back to having crusades and burning people at the stake in order to get their rights back.

they can just invade muslim countries to find wmd.

That was Christians?

Christians burn people at the stake. A Koran burning is almost civilized, compared to that.

Um when was the last time Christians burnt someone at that stake?

Ok, I'll bite...what individual liberty don't I support?
If you support liberalism, you support greater government control over individual lives. Do you want to try to make the case that that's advocating freedom?

What is that greater government control over individual lives I support. Please give examples, daveman.
Are you pretending that you are the embodiment of liberalism?

Yes. Yes, I think you are.

Very funny.

Apparently it violates the religious rights of some people to protest the plan to build a mosque near Ground Zero.

If a protest against something violates a groups rights it is not that much of a jump to conclude that not supporting rights violates a person's rights.

Not that I agree with either of those, but I can see that if you insisted that one is, the other should be.

Where did I claim it was part of the Christian religion?

This guy has clearly stated that he believes God told him to burn Korans. That makes it part of his religion, even if you do not like it.

Thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back