Obama doesn't Support "Free Speech" Rights...

What are those several awards?

Check it out for yourself. "Piss Christ" received several awards from the "Art" community. SHEESH!

Ah, so you cannot back up your claim of many supporters and many awards. Ok, that pretty much means you make stuff up. Probably a lot too.

Piss Christ was Funded with our Tax Dollars and Excused by the Left...

I bet MONEY you were one of them, Dumptruck...

And in that, you are a Fucking Hypocrite.

Go to Iran and Fight for Homosexual Rights... Please?

:)

peace...

What are those several awards?

Check it out for yourself. "Piss Christ" received several awards from the "Art" community. SHEESH!

Ah, so you cannot back up your claim of many supporters and many awards. Ok, that pretty much means you make stuff up. Probably a lot too.

I haven't made anything up. Check it out for yourself if you don't believe me. "Piss Christ" did receive support from many and did receive several awards. Are you just being snotty & pissy over the word 'Many' or something? Not sure what your definition of the word 'Many' is but i am sure i don't need to argue over something so stupid.

I haven't made anything up. Check it out for yourself if you don't believe me. "Piss Christ" did receive support from many and did receive several awards. Are you just being snotty & pissy over the word 'Many' or something? Not sure what your definition of the word 'Many' is but i am sure i don't need to argue over something so stupid.

She's a Fucking Troll who's not going to Win this Debate and will Instead Distract and Deflect and leave after she gets a Food Fight going over something like "how many Awards"...

peace...

Yes "Piss Christ" was funded by our Government. That should have never been allowed to happen. Tax Dollars shouldn't have been used for that. It was a real travesty in my opinion.

I totally can't understand why no comments about free speech there from our politicians, what with the Muslim World being part of the U.S. and under our Constitutional law and all. :doubt:

You missed the point. Why are so many so obsessed with what the "Arab Street" or Muslims around the world think about us? Do people really believe that they're as obsessed with caring about what we think of them? I seriously doubt that. Muslims all around the world insult and brutally slaughter Christians,Buddhists,and Hindus on a daily basis. I think it's time for more people to start talking about that. I'm so sick of this obsession with caring about what they think of us. Burning Korans happens. They have to deal with it. Time to move on.

Why? Probably because non-western muslim brains are still in the middle ages when it comes to religion. Sort of like where western brains were when christianity was 1400 years old. It seems to be a trend that when a religion reaches 1400 years old, its followers go stupid like christians did during the crusades.

You seem to be advocating the idea that two wrongs make a right.

True. One thing is that civilizations, countries, and religions grow up just as people do...they have adolescence just like people do.

You missed the point. Why are so many so obsessed with what the "Arab Street" or Muslims around the world think about us? Do people really believe that they're as obsessed with caring about what we think of them? I seriously doubt that. Muslims all around the world insult and brutally slaughter Christians,Buddhists,and Hindus on a daily basis. I think it's time for more people to start talking about that. I'm so sick of this obsession with caring about what they think of us. Burning Korans happens. They have to deal with it. Time to move on.

Why? Probably because non-western muslim brains are still in the middle ages when it comes to religion. Sort of like where western brains were when christianity was 1400 years old. It seems to be a trend that when a religion reaches 1400 years old, its followers go stupid like christians did during the crusades.

No i'm saying Free Speech is Free Speech. It's what our nation is all about. We can't suddenly forsaken that because some people around the world don't like us. Burning Korans is stupid in my opinion but it is their right. Just like Muslims around the world have the right to express their hate for America on a daily basis. I just see a real imbalance in criticism on these issues though. Many seem to be so obsessed with what they think about us but i think it's time for them to start caring about what we think about them. It really does go both ways. So some kooks in back-water nowhere,U.S.A. burn some Korans? It is what it is. They just have to deal with it. If they want to burn their cities down and kill people over this,than so be it. That's just more of their own hateful ignorance being exposed. It is all about Free Speech in the end. We should all remember this.

Tolerance is one way street when it comes to liberals.

Obama: Quran-burning a 'bonanza for al-Qaida' - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

"If he's listening, I hope he understands that what he's proposing to do is completely contrary to our values as Americans," Obama said. "That this country has been built on the notion of freedom and religious tolerance."

The president also said Jones' plan, if carried out, could serve as an incentive for terrorist-minded individuals "to blow themselves up" to kill others.

"And as a very practical matter, as commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women in uniform," the president said.

But does he have the "Right" to do it?... Obama was QUICK to Support the Islamists and the Proposed Mosque @ Ground Zero...

Interesting how he Selective in his Support of certain Constitutional Rights for certain People.

peace...

It always amazes me how Muslims have rights, and Christians are intolerant. Maybe Christians should go back to having crusades and burning people at the stake in order to get their rights back.

I did not bring up the "Piss Christ" issue. That was you.

I did not say that many applauded it. That was you.

I did not say that it won many awards. That was you.

It is not my responsibility to prove something that YOU claimed. That would be your responsibility.

You choose not to back up your claims....I choose not to believe a word you say.

Obama: Quran-burning a 'bonanza for al-Qaida' - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

"If he's listening, I hope he understands that what he's proposing to do is completely contrary to our values as Americans," Obama said. "That this country has been built on the notion of freedom and religious tolerance."

The president also said Jones' plan, if carried out, could serve as an incentive for terrorist-minded individuals "to blow themselves up" to kill others.

"And as a very practical matter, as commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women in uniform," the president said.

But does he have the "Right" to do it?... Obama was QUICK to Support the Islamists and the Proposed Mosque @ Ground Zero...

Interesting how he Selective in his Support of certain Constitutional Rights for certain People.

peace...

It always amazes me how Muslims have rights, and Christians are intolerant. Maybe Christians should go back to having crusades and burning people at the stake in order to get their rights back.

they can just invade muslim countries to find wmd.

No i'm saying Free Speech is Free Speech. It's what our nation is all about. We can't suddenly forsaken that because some people around the world don't like us. Burning Korans is stupid in my opinion but it is their right. Just like Muslims around the world have the right to express their hate for America on a daily basis. I just see a real imbalance in criticism on these issues though. Many seem to be so obsessed with what they think about us but i think it's time for them to start caring about what we think about them. It really does go both ways. So some kooks in back-water nowhere,U.S.A. burn some Korans? It is what it is. They just have to deal with it. If they want to burn their cities down and kill people over this,than so be it. That's just more of their own hateful ignorance being exposed. It is all about Free Speech in the end. We should all remember this.

Tolerance is one way street when it comes to liberals.

Cute platitude. :lol:

peace...

Muslims are intolerant. Christians are intolerant.

Muslims have rights. Christians have rights.

See how easy that is?

Yup, he is attacking a group for exercising their freedom of speech. Like I said earlier, it sounds like you think the President should not have a personal opinion on what a group does. You think the president should put the same effort in defending the community center as he should defending a Koran burning session or a KKK rally.

Let me see if I can explain this.

There was a scene I remember from the TV show The West Wing.

President Bartlett invited an old confidant, I think it was his old priest, to the oval office to advise him on something. When the guy asked if he should call him Joe or Mr President he explained that, in that room, everyone called him Mr President so that he would never forget the responsibility he has as the president, and that he literally makes life and death decisions every day.

Obama is not acting like a president when he weighs in on two issues that are, at their core, exactly the same. If he, properly, claims that we need to respect everyone,s right to practice their religion I will respect that. (A respect he promptly looses when he claims he never talked about the wisdom of the action.)

If he then talks about how bad it is for another group to practice their religion, because it upsets others, then I will call him on it.

Is he entitled to a personal opinion? Yes.

Is he allowed to express that opinion to the press? Again yes, but it shows poor judgment.

Is he allowed to let that opinion to prevent him from doing his job? No, and that is what he is doing here. His job requires him to support, and defend, the Constitution. If he picks when he does that, and when he does not, he is not doing his job.

So...President Obama exercised poor judgement? Poor judgement in saying that this koran burning is not a good idea?

That didn't bother me.

But I would have preferred it if he also mentioned 1st Amendment rights like he did when he spoke out about the mosque.

Just one more thing that paints him as a coward IMO.

peace...

they can just invade muslim countries to find wmd.

We found OODLES!

So...President Obama exercised poor judgement? Poor judgement in saying that this koran burning is not a good idea?

That didn't bother me.

But I would have preferred it if he also mentioned 1st Amendment rights like he did when he spoke out about the mosque.

Just one more thing that paints him as a coward IMO.

He's a coward because he didn't "mention" 1st Amendment rights? Why? Is it his fault you guys have short/long term memory loss and need to be continuously reminded that we HAVE a 1st amendment? by the President, no less?

Forum List

Back