Obama doesn't Support "Free Speech" Rights...

It reads to me that Obama was exercising his own rights of free speech to express his opinion of someone's own choice of expression. As long as he's not trying to get the government to stop the exercise of free speech, I really don't see a problem with what he said in this case.

It's ONLY because it's Obama. That's the beef.

He damn sure wasn't protecting his right. Now was he?

Did I miss the part where Obama attempted to take it away?

Did I accuse hm of trying to take anything away?

Get your head out of your ass and pay attention.

You're the one that needs to get his head out of his ass. If he wasn't trying to take his right away, what's to protect? If that's what passes for logic down there, we need to give Mexico their Lonestar back.

Did I miss the part where Obama attempted to take it away?

Did I accuse hm of trying to take anything away?

Get your head out of your ass and pay attention.

You're the one that needs to get his head out of his ass. If he wasn't trying to take his right away, what's to protect? If that's what passes for logic down there, we need to give Mexico their Lonestar back.

You make no sense. Using your logic or lack thereof, by not trying to take a persons possession away means there is nothing to protect. :cuckoo:

Obama: Quran-burning a 'bonanza for al-Qaida' - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

"If he's listening, I hope he understands that what he's proposing to do is completely contrary to our values as Americans," Obama said. "That this country has been built on the notion of freedom and religious tolerance."

The president also said Jones' plan, if carried out, could serve as an incentive for terrorist-minded individuals "to blow themselves up" to kill others.

"And as a very practical matter, as commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women in uniform," the president said.

But does he have the "Right" to do it?... Obama was QUICK to Support the Islamists and the Proposed Mosque @ Ground Zero...

Interesting how he Selective in his Support of certain Constitutional Rights for certain People.

:)

peace...

What took you so long??? I wondered who would be first.

Many people in this country support Free Speech only when it's convenient for them to do so. This occurs on both sides. Unfortunately most of our politicians are convenient supporters of Free Speech and our Constitution. I just hope i live to see a day when most of our politicians believe in and support our Constitution all the time. Probably not gonna happen but hey i can still dream no?

Free Speech...

piss_christ_by_serrano_andres_1987.jpg

Yes that is urine. I don't recall this same outrage by as many people when this occurred. In fact many applauded and handed out awards for this desecration. Hmm?

Many people in this country support Free Speech only when it's convenient for them to do so. This occurs on both sides. Unfortunately most of our politicians are convenient supporters of Free Speech and our Constitution. I just hope i live to see a day when most of our politicians believe in and support our Constitution all the time. Probably not gonna happen but hey i can still dream no?

so, everytime someone says something, you want our politicians to jump up and down and say "I support your free speech!!!!"

More Free Speech: Muslim man accidentally sets himself on fire while burning the American Flag...

flagburn.jpg

I never see as much outrage over this daily occurrence in the Muslim World. Hmm?

More Free Speech: Muslim man accidentally sets himself on fire while burning the American Flag...

flagburn.jpg

I never see as much outrage over this daily occurrence in the Muslim World. Hmm?

I totally can't understand why no comments about free speech there from our politicians, what with the Muslim World being part of the U.S. and under our Constitutional law and all. :doubt:

flagburn.jpg

I totally can't understand why no comments about free speech there from our politicians, what with the Muslim World being part of the U.S. and under our Constitutional law and all. :doubt:

You missed the point. Why are so many so obsessed with what the "Arab Street" or Muslims around the world think about us? Do people really believe that they're as obsessed with caring about what we think of them? I seriously doubt that. Muslims all around the world insult and brutally slaughter Christians,Buddhists,and Hindus on a daily basis. I think it's time for more people to start talking about that. I'm so sick of this obsession with caring about what they think of us. Burning Korans happens. They have to deal with it. Time to move on.

Obama: Quran-burning a 'bonanza for al-Qaida' - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

"If he's listening, I hope he understands that what he's proposing to do is completely contrary to our values as Americans," Obama said. "That this country has been built on the notion of freedom and religious tolerance."

The president also said Jones' plan, if carried out, could serve as an incentive for terrorist-minded individuals "to blow themselves up" to kill others.

"And as a very practical matter, as commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women in uniform," the president said.

But does he have the "Right" to do it?... Obama was QUICK to Support the Islamists and the Proposed Mosque @ Ground Zero...

Interesting how he Selective in his Support of certain Constitutional Rights for certain People.

:)

peace...

It's probably because the people against Jones' burning of the Quran understand that he has a right to do it. The wingnuts against the mosque didn't seem to clear on the fact that the constitutioni applied to muslims as well as non-muslims. Actually, you all seem to think that all muslims are terrorists; even the ones that pulled Christians out of the debris of 9-11.

The same Words for the Mosque would have been Nice...

So if Obama comes out against a KKK rally in the US, you will be writing the same post?

He would be obliged to use the same words he used for the Mosque?

The KKK whether or not you agree with them has the same rights as any group to hold a rally. And if you are going to defend constitutional rights for one group, you must defend them for all groups.

So why does it bother you when the ACLU does it?

flagburn.jpg

You missed the point. Why are so many so obsessed with what the "Arab Street" or Muslims around the world think about us? Do people really believe that they're as obsessed with caring about what we think of them? I seriously doubt that. Muslims all around the world insult and brutally slaughter Christians,Buddhists,and Hindus on a daily basis. I think it's time for more people to start talking about that. I'm so sick of this obsession with caring about what they think of us. Burning Korans happens. They have to deal with it. Time to move on.

No, I did not miss the point at all. You are just moving the goal posts. Now, suddenly, it isn't about free speech to you. Suddenly it's about what Muslims (notice you didn't say Muslim terrorists or extremists...just Muslims...quite a broad brush there) overseas.

And how well do YOU move on when they burn our flags....isn't it time for you to get over it and move on?

flagburn.jpg

Why? Probably because non-western muslim brains are still in the middle ages when it comes to religion. Sort of like where western brains were when christianity was 1400 years old. It seems to be a trend that when a religion reaches 1400 years old, its followers go stupid like christians did during the crusades.

You seem to be advocating the idea that two wrongs make a right.

Why? Probably because non-western muslim brains are still in the middle ages when it comes to religion. Sort of like where western brains were when christianity was 1400 years old. It seems to be a trend that when a religion reaches 1400 years old, its followers go stupid like christians did during the crusades.

You seem to be advocating the idea that two wrongs make a right.

No i'm saying Free Speech is Free Speech. It's what our nation is all about. We can't suddenly forsaken that because some people around the world don't like us. Burning Korans is stupid in my opinion but it is their right. Just like Muslims around the world have the right to express their hate for America on a daily basis. I just see a real imbalance in criticism on these issues though. Many seem to be so obsessed with what they think about us but i think it's time for them to start caring about what we think about them. It really does go both ways. So some kooks in back-water nowhere,U.S.A. burn some Korans? It is what it is. They just have to deal with it. If they want to burn their cities down and kill people over this,than so be it. That's just more of their own hateful ignorance being exposed. It is all about Free Speech in the end. We should all remember this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back