Obama did that - the student loan scam is killing America

The student loan acts that allowed banks to loan to the unqualified and then charge huge default interest are the fault of the private sector.

Like all liberals, you miss the point.
Your statement above is true. No one argues that BOTH private and public colleges take copious advantage of the "loans for the asking" government system. And they do so at the full knowledge and cooperation of the government.
Which is controlled by our Republicans and has been since 2012. I am glad you admit my program will work.

Which is controlled by our Republicans and has been since 2012. I am glad you admit my program will work.[/QUOTE]

yes the Republicans run all private and public colleges...yet another ludicrous statement by Fakey

Which is controlled by our Republicans and has been since 2012. I am glad you admit my program will work.

yes the Republicans run all private and public colleges...yet another ludicrous statement by Fakey[/QUOTE]Another misdirection easily refuted. I am talking about the government loan programs, not all "private and public colleges." iam, you are not good at this.

Take the private sector out of the student loan program and have government loan at COL levels.

That doesn't solve it.
The problem with the student loan bubble is two-fold..,.

#1 - Loans made to students who have almost no chance of ever paying the loan off, not to mention that many of these same extreme high risk "students" also receive tax dollars for living expenses.
#2 - "Loans for the asking" mentality of the government system provides an impossible to resist temptation for schools to overcharge. They overcharge in two ways - bloated tuition, and bloated class requirements. Guaranteed loans means guaranteed payments to schools....almost no matter what.
#1 - qualify (vet) the applicants first.
#2 - qualify (vet) the applicants first.

You don't know what you are talking about. If they vetted the whole scam would disintegrate. Probably 75% of applicants wouldn't qualify.
Now you are arguing against yourself. We want a better system. My way is better. You have nothing to offer.

Your way? What way? Vetting? Please... the system wouldn't even exits in a free market. We're loaning money to people to get worthless degrees.

Take the private sector out of the student loan program and have government loan at COL levels.

That doesn't solve it.

#1 - Loans made to students who have almost no chance of ever paying the loan off, not to mention that many of these same extreme high risk "students" also receive tax dollars for living expenses.
#2 - "Loans for the asking" mentality of the government system provides an impossible to resist temptation for schools to overcharge. They overcharge in two ways - bloated tuition, and bloated class requirements. Guaranteed loans means guaranteed payments to schools....almost no matter what.

You don't know what you are talking about. If they vetted the whole scam would disintegrate. Probably 75% of applicants wouldn't qualify.
Now you are arguing against yourself. We want a better system. My way is better. You have nothing to offer.

Your way? What way? Vetting? Please... the system wouldn't even exits in a free market. We're loaning money to people to get worthless degrees.
Now Soggy is blathering. Our bank systems of loaning federal guaranteed money to students is the program of the ultra right corporatists.

That doesn't solve it.

Now Soggy is blathering. Our bank systems of loaning federal guaranteed money to students is the program of the ultra right corporatists.
You mean being forced to lend federal money....

What is it with you fascists and your inability to admit you're fascists......

The goal of Obamas nationalizing of loans for education (student loans) is to destroy private colleges...

The Student-Loan Scam Killed ITT Tech

ITT imploded and has long been known, like Corinthian, to be a waste of time and money. The only way this school could exist is by federal loans. ITT is a scam.

Private universities are Dartmouth, Princeton, John Hopkins, Loyola etc. You think they are worried? Nah. Do you know why?

ITT could not even pull it's head out long enough to recreate a vo-tech school worth a damn.

It is a government complicit scam.
In your own words - "The only way this school could exist is by federal loans"...which is true.

Oh, yeah. It took everything and then some just to get these clowns held accountable. And...even when we were able to nail it, it was weakened.

Last edited:
The goal of Obamas nationalizing of loans for education (student loans) is to destroy private colleges...

The Student-Loan Scam Killed ITT Tech

Or perhaps ITT should have done a better job for its students
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/07/business/itt-educational-services-closes-its-campuses.html
Except for a small school that operates under a different name, the move puts an end to an operation that has been accused of widespread fraud and abuse, leaving roughly 35,000 students and 8,000 employees in the lurch.

ITT Educational Services, whose recruitment, lending practices and educational quality have been under scrutiny by federal regulators and state prosecutors for years, said in a news release that it had “exhausted the exploration of alternatives, including transfer of the schools to a nonprofit or public institution.”

The actions against Corinthian and ITT are part of a wider push by education officials to hold the for-profit education industry more accountable after growing complaints about unwieldy student debt, deceptive advertising and feeble graduation and job placement rates.

The Obama administration has adopted a series of regulations aimed at protecting students as well as taxpayers, who will end up being stuck with the bill for unpaid student loans.

How dare President Obama try to protect American taxpayers!

Forum List

Back