Obama: Barbershops a 'Good Place' for Dispensing Fathering Advice

Worse than The Onion.....CNS News

she's mentally ill... did you really expect something of value?

awww, come on my dear jilly..you have to admit what obama said was dumb, no?

Worse than being dumb, it fed directly into the black stereotype depicted in "BarberShop", the movie.

Even Spike Lee contributed to that image of "community" in black urban centers.. From the Wiki...

Joe's Bed-Stuy Barbershop: We Cut Heads is a 1983 independent film that Spike Lee submitted as his master's degree thesis at the Tisch School of the Arts.

The film is set in a Bed-Stuy barbershop where customers come to hang out, discuss various issues in an unintelligent fashion and maybe get a haircut. The manager, Zack, took over after Joe was killed by a gangster who used the shop as a front for a numbers racket. Zack wants to keep the shop legitimate but the gangster wants to continue the deal he had with Joe.

Maybe it's accurate. I'm not black or urban. But I'm considering pulling my apology to TruthMatters, because 70% of the examples she found on CNS aren't in the least "racist", just offensive to her political views...

I don't see why Obama is in a barbershop anyway....Mitt Romney can cut his hair
Actually, Romney doesn't go to a barbershop. He goes to his Italian hairdresser, Leon de Magistris who charges $70 for a trim, $125 for the full treatment.

My barber charges $12, $10 for seniors. There's always a wait however there's a lot of good political discussion. Romney could learn a lot about what goes on in the real world if he visited my barbershop.

Actually, Romney doesn't go to a barbershop. He goes to his Italian hairdresser, Leon de Magistris who charges $70 for a trim, $125 for the full treatment.

My barber charges $12, $10 for seniors. There's always a wait however there's a lot of good political discussion. Romney could learn a lot about what goes on in the real world if he visited my barbershop.

Mitt should get his money back. $125 for a 1950s haircut

Italian hairdresser, $125 haircut and speaks French. French is now popular but not when Kerry does it.

good grief
the comments at the site are priceless

SNIP:

By Penny Starr

June 13, 2012

President Barack Obama take a bite of a rib as he visits a Kenny's BBQ restaurant in Washington, Wednesday, June 13, 2012. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)

(CNSNews.com) – Barbershops are popular with men and can therefore be a "good place" to provide information about fathering and resources for dads, President Barack Obama said Wednesday while dining at Kenny’s BBQ Smokehouse in Washington, D.C.

Obama said barbershops are a good place to get the word out on parenting because that’s where “everybody hangs out.”

“And then the reason the two older gentlemen are here is, as I was mentioning, barbershops are where a lot of men go – and we want to work with them – we want to work with barbershops to figure out how we can get better information to fathers about resources that are available to them so they can find job training programs; they can find support groups for fathers,” Obama is quoted as saying in a partial transcript mailed to media outlets by the White House.

the rest here
Obama: Barbershops a 'Good Place' for Dispensing Fathering Advice | CNSNews.com

Home Page | National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse

Since when is fatherhood a government issue?

And how come there isn't a motherhood.gove web site?

I have some "fatherly" advice for our President...

Pay your friggin' lunch tab BEFORE you leave the restaurant...

she's mentally ill... did you really expect something of value?

No, she's just stupid. There are plenty of people with mental health issues who are perfectly intelligent.

images-1.jpg

Forum List

Back