Obama announces $10 billion in trade deals with India

54,000 new jobs for $10B...hmm then the Stimulus should have created 15.7 Million new American Jobs!

Do you see how fucked up Obamanomics is?

Do you see why Keynesian Economics = Epic Fail?

Do you see why Harding and Coolidge had the right about about governments role in the economy?

Congrats again to President Obama for showing the right way government can help an economy

We aren't paying $10 billion for 54,000 jobs.

I agree, we should generate 35 million jobs.

I don't think Boeing needs that many people to build 30 737s.

This isn't directed specifically at Frank, but some people seem to think this is a bad deal simply because Obama made the announcement. I see it as a good deal for the US because io the revenue these deals will generate, and the jobs that will come from it. Any time US companies sell things like planes and engines to foreign countries, that's a good thing. If it will make you feel better, you can always make the argument that these deals were in the works long before this trip and Obama had nothing to do with it.

I don't have to ask him. He is capable of defending himself, and I notice a complete absence of any explanation or defense.

You may need someone to connect the dots, but I don't

Of course you don't have to ask him. Your bias guides your way through the confusing and conflicting maze of intelligent discussion. Why be a contributing member of the discussion when you can throw out agenda driven nonsensical and irrelevant one liners?

This thread is about a contract an Indian airline signed with Boeing to buy some planes. The wingnut asks about another corps factory in India, with NO EXPLANATION, and you think *I'm* the one tossing out "agenda driven nonsensical and irrevelant one liners"?

Your bias is obvious

Yes, you are.

Why should Obama take credit for some deals in India......what is he, head of Boeing now....?

These deals were already pending....

...so Obama makes a flashy trip.....surfs out in front of the pending deals.....and then takes credit for closing them....

....gee...wow....he's quite the capitalist job creator.....:lol::lol::lol:

Why should Obama take credit for some deals in India......what is he, head of Boeing now....?

These deals were already pending....

...so Obama makes a flashy trip.....surfs out in front of the pending deals.....and then takes credit for closing them....

....gee...wow....he's quite the capitalist job creator.....:lol::lol::lol:

He thinks he is. He had ZERO to do with this. He's trying a ploy to make people think HE made it happen.

Let's put the OP's projection of 54,000 U.S. jobs being potentially financed by this deal. I'll go even as far to assume, giving the benefit of the doubt, that all 54,000 jobs will be specifically in the manufacturing sector.
For the last 10 years, and as of Jan. 2010, an avg. of 47,500 manufacturing jobs have left the U.S. MONTHLY, shrinking our manufacturing sector 32.7%.
Therefore, a mini-mini-mini-mini or Mega-mini kudo goes to Obama for attempting to get back a projected 54,000 jobs.

Given the effort by Obama seen against this 10 year job loss trend, it is better than nothing and just above nothing in trying to recapture maybe 5 weeks of job losses.

And Moon was correct as concerns my Harley-Davidson post.

Lexington Institute

Let's put the OP's projection of 54,000 U.S. jobs being potentially financed by this deal. I'll go even as far to assume, giving the benefit of the doubt, that all 54,000 jobs will be specifically in the manufacturing sector.
For the last 10 years, and as of Jan. 2010, an avg. of 47,500 manufacturing jobs have left the U.S. MONTHLY, shrinking our manufacturing sector 32.7%.
Therefore, a mini-mini-mini-mini or Mega-mini kudo goes to Obama for attempting to get back a projected 54,000 jobs.

Given the effort by Obama seen against this 10 year job loss trend, it is better than nothing and just above nothing in trying to recapture maybe 5 weeks of job losses.

Lexington Institute

Obama's all hat....no cattle....other than a few strays...

NOTHING would actually be better......considering the propaganda damage he will twist out of it...

Lexington Institute

Umm, Moon said nothing about your incomprehensible point. Moon was commenting about what I said, not what you said.

But yes, the bush* admin has a terrible record wrt manufacturing jobs

Lexington Institute

Umm, Moon said nothing about your incomprehensible point. Moon was commenting about what I said, not what you said.

And he dictated Manufacturing Jobs...HOW?

Took Over which Corporation?

And is it in the list of Duties for a POTUS to take over private Industry?

If so? WHERE does that job description lie?

Lexington Institute

Who said anything about dictating? No one in this thread. Maybe it was one of the voices in your head.

BTW, did you know that TSA took over an industry (airline security) that was formerly private? Why don't you tell us where is is in the list of Duties for bush* to take over airline security?

Who said anything about dictating? No one in this thread. Maybe it was one of the voices in your head.

BTW, did you know that TSA took over an industry (airline security) that was formerly private? Why don't you tell us where is is in the list of Duties for bush* to take over airline security?

*OBFUSCATION*

Answer the question.

*OBFUSCATION*

Answer the question.

I did answer. bush* took over the airline security industry

Here's my point, and it pains me that I actually have to explain this again.

1. $10 Billion of Private Business generated 54,000 new jobs

2. The Stimulus was $850 Billion and was supposed to generate jobs

3. $850 Billion is 85 times greater than $10 Billion

4. If the Stimulus was as effective as the Boeing Deal it would have generated 54,000 * 85 = 4,590,000 new jobs. Not saved, but new.

5. Did that clear it up?

Last edited:

*OBFUSCATION*

Answer the question.

I did answer. bush* took over the airline security industry

No he didn't
AssClown.gif

4. If the Stimulus was as effective as the Boeing Deal it would have generated 54,000 * 85 = 15,740,740 new jobs. Not saved, but new.

5. Did that clear it up?

Probably not for our compatriots on the left.

To all the Republicans whining on why Obama would want to visit India.....

With almost a billion person market, why wouldn't the US want to open up trade possibilities?

India is a valuable ally

If the stimulous was working the miricles he said it would, then Obama wouldn't be visiting India.

Obama, of course, with no business background what-so-ever has actually done nothing to cause any real (enterprise related) business growth.

You might read the article cited in your OP to discover his true intent:

During the congressional elections, President Obama and aides criticized pro-Republican groups for making contributions from anonymous donors, and that some the money may have come from foreign sources -- a list that included the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and its foreign affiliates.

Today in Mumbai, India, Obama met with business people who included ... foreign affiliates of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Obama is trying to demonstrate that he too deserves contributions from India: I wonder what % he'll get of $10B?

4. If the Stimulus was as effective as the Boeing Deal it would have generated 54,000 * 85 = 4,590,000 new jobs. Not saved, but new.

5. Did that clear it up?

It delights me that you repeat your stupidity

1) The stimulus was funded by the US govt (ie taxpayers)
This deal is funded by a private airliner in India

2) The stimulus didn't build any Boeing jets
This deal does

3) There wasn't $850 in spending from the stimulus. Much of it was tax cuts
This deal contains no tax cuts. That's why it's more "effective"

Comparing a stimulus bill to a business contract is the ultimate in wackadoodle wingnuttery. It's apples and oranges.

It's like asking how many jobs were created by the invasion of Iraq?

Last edited:

With almost a billion person market, why wouldn't the US want to open up trade possibilities?

India is a valuable ally

If the stimulous was working the miricles he said it would, then Obama wouldn't be visiting India.

Obama, of course, with no business background what-so-ever has actually done nothing to cause any real (enterprise related) business growth.

During the congressional elections, President Obama and aides criticized pro-Republican groups for making contributions from anonymous donors, and that some the money may have come from foreign sources -- a list that included the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and its foreign affiliates.

Today in Mumbai, India, Obama met with business people who included ... foreign affiliates of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Obama is trying to demonstrate that he too deserves contributions from India: I wonder what % he'll get of $10B?

Wingnuts think the US only encourages trade during bad economic times. :cuckoo:

Wingnuts also think that a contract between two private companies is a secret campaign donation, even when the contract is publicized by the most powerful man on the planet:cuckoo:

India is a valuable ally

Wingnuts think the US only encourages trade during bad economic times. :cuckoo:

Wingnuts also think that a contract between two private companies is a secret campaign donation, even when the contract is publicized by the most powerful man on the planet:cuckoo:

The Wingnut Expert Has Spoken

I don't understand why so many are celebrating and boasting about this. More American Jobs going thataway is nothing to celebrate. These Trade deals rarely work out well for American Citizens. I see nothing to boast about with this one.

Forum List

Back