Obama announces $10 billion in trade deals with India

After a meeting with U.S. and Indian business leaders, Obama announced $10 billion in new trade deals with India, saying they will help finance 54,000 jobs in the United States.

"As we look to India today, the United States sees the opportunity to sell our exports in one of the fastest growing markets in the world," Obama said in a speech. "In America this is a jobs strategy."

Free Trade..Capitalism..these things are not what Conservatives wish for..they've been lying and complaining about this trip for weeks.

Corporatism..Depots...Plutocracy..

Now yer talking!

To all the Republicans whining on why Obama would want to visit India.....

With almost a billion person market, why wouldn't the US want to open up trade possibilities?

India is a valuable ally

I wonder how many fox viewers still believe this trip used half the fucking navy?

Yep..creating jobs is a "big bang" solution.

The Conservative way of eating an elephant is one big bite.

Wonder when the last time they did that was...

The devil is in the details.

This article doesn't bother to mention what ANY of the details of this agreement were,

Merely that it will"create" jobs.

Okay, and how many jobs will it "destroy"?

We have absolutely no way of knowing.

No doubt not have any facts won't prevent some of us from declaring it a victory or defeat, but that's to be expected from clueless partisans.

Gawd only knows how much this trip is COSTING US TAXPAYERS, all for 54,000 jobs.
what a JOKE

$10 billion in new trade deals with India, saying they will help finance 54,000 jobs in the United States.

That's good news, considering our exports to India were $32.44 billion in 2008, with total trade of $63.63 billion. $10 billion is a healthy increase in trade with India. I hope most of that is exports.

Link

This article doesn't bother to mention what ANY of the details of this agreement were,

No doubt not have any facts won't prevent some of us from declaring it a victory or defeat, but that's to be expected from clueless partisans.

Here are some details.

The commercial deals include the purchase of 33 737s from Boeing by India's SpiceJet Airlines; the Indian military's plans to buy aircraft engines from General Electric; and preliminary agreement between Boeing and the Indian Air Force on the purchase of 10 C17s.

For the most part, the deals were already pending, but the White House contends Obama's visit to India helped finalize them. Officials said the deals would support 53,670 U.S. jobs, but it was not clear how many, if any, new jobs would be created as a result.

Link

Looks like a good deal for the US, IMO.

Here are some details.

The commercial deals include the purchase of 33 737s from Boeing by India's SpiceJet Airlines; the Indian military's plans to buy aircraft engines from General Electric; and preliminary agreement between Boeing and the Indian Air Force on the purchase of 10 C17s.

For the most part, the deals were already pending, but the White House contends Obama's visit to India helped finalize them. Officials said the deals would support 53,670 U.S. jobs, but it was not clear how many, if any, new jobs would be created as a result.

Link

I wonder if this falls under the category of jobs saved? I remember the announcements coming out of the WH bragging about the great job they did with the stimulus....." but we saved a gazillion jobs in America" " well Mr. President how many new jobs did you create?"

"Well Mr. President"?.......At that point the teleprompter broke down....:doubt:

hey good job...now how about the other free trade agreements that his union masters would not let him sign say so. kor, Colombia etc...?Straightening out the mess with Brazil? They have been sitting there while the EU has jumped in.......but any advance is good , glad he took advantage of bushs relations he built with India.

Of course he could have did this earlier this year and last year but he canceled a slew of trips in exchange for shepherding health care....

Last edited:

With almost a billion person market, why wouldn't the US want to open up trade possibilities?

India is a valuable ally

nice strawman, but then again, par for the course.

Who complained about his going to India?

Here are some details.

Link

I wonder if this falls under the category of jobs saved? I remember the announcements coming out of the WH bragging about the great job they did with the stimulus....." but we saved a gazillion jobs in America" " well Mr. President how many new jobs did you create?"

"Well Mr. President"?.......At that point the teleprompter broke down....:doubt:

Meh, I don't care. The US has $10 billion in new orders coming in, and some people will be able to go back to work because of it.

India is a valuable ally

nice strawman, but then again, par for the course.

Who complained about his going to India?

I think we had a 17+ page thread on it

Your darling Michelle Bachmann, Rush Limbo and Hannity also bitched about the trip...still are

Employment Situation Summary

Wow 54,000 jobs.Good work Mr. President.....I'm sure the 14.8 million who are still unemployed will see this as a major accomplishment.I know the Left leaning ones on this board will see it that way as well.

The Econom........excuse me......Obama must fail crowd weighs in

New Topics

Forum List

Back