Hillary Clinton says she wont run in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually a REASON why presidents -from-nowhere are failures.

Never heard or Carter or Clinton before they were elected president

Had heard of Nixon , Reagan

how was clinton a failure?

And how was Nixon not a failure?

Every moon landing on Nixon watch.

Good economy.

Did as well as could have been expected with Nam - LBJs War. (Didnt like his pardon of Lt Calley of My Lai)

Slam-dunk re-election in 1972.

Last edited:
Why would she bother? It would be a waste of time, money and resources and she knows it. Obama probably doesn't want to run either, but his ego won't allow him to quit and of course Soros will see to it that he is well funded.

how was clinton a failure?

his era may have been more good than bad... domestic policy better than foreign...hate that he let Bin Laden walk...hate that he didn't really respond to USS Cole or first WTC bombing. Very disappointed in his tainting of the office with his scandolous behavior. But he did have his moments....

Here's a question...if a president fails in any one particular area but is good on many others...did he fail? If so, then they have all failed...

If the money and polls are in her favor and Obama continues to decline on the approval rating scale, Hillary will run. If not, she won't. What she says now is worth about as much as me saying I won't run for President. She doesn't want to wait six more years for her shot.

For the record neither Nixon nor Clinton were failures as President. Both had their ethical problems. Both promoted and accomplished some good stuff.

Would Hillary be a better President than Obama? I thought so in 2008 and I think so now. At the very least I think she would do less harm.

Nixon is consistently ranked lower than Clinton and even Carter.

Carter wasn't nearly as bad as Reagan's attack ads were good.

To the OP: I wonder if HClinton would have been the real washington reformer I wanted in 2008, but I doubt it. Therefore, I don't give a dry crap if she runs or not.

Hillary's time has come and gone, and she knows it. 2008 was her shot.

To the OP: I wonder if HClinton would have been the real washington reformer I wanted in 2008, but I doubt it. Therefore, I don't give a dry crap if she runs or not.

that won't be the case in 20 years. a foreign policy giant undone by a break-in? come on.

Every moon landing on Nixon watch.

Good economy.

Did as well as could have been expected with Nam - LBJs War. (Didnt like his pardon of Lt Calley of My Lai)

Slam-dunk re-election in 1972.

the big failures are republicans who bankrupted the country with their several wars: from Vietnam war to Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia...etc.

they love make war more than making love :doubt:

that won't be the case in 20 years. a foreign policy giant undone by a break-in? come on.

You're right. But those who get their history from blogs and buy into the nasty little soundbites about this person or that person will continue to think Nixon was a total bust. Yet it was Nixon who signed the EPA into law, signed the Clean Water Act into law, signed the Marine Protection Act into law, who opened Communist China to our markets which most would say was impossible, who began the process of getting us out of Vietnam--completed by Ford who took over when Nixon resigned--and was the first to seriously propose real healthcare reform and who did implement policies that didn't interfere with a healthy economy. Among all of Nixon's negatives you can't simply dismiss these things as insignificant.

Carter doesn't have much on his resume that he can brag about.

Ended American fighting in Vietnam. His Secretary of State negotiated disengagement agreements between Israel and its opponents, Egypt and Syria.

Improved relations with the U.S.S.R. and China he reduced tensions. His summit meetings with Russian leader produced a treaty to limit strategic nuclear weapons.

Revenue Sharing

Ending the Draft

New anti-crime Laws

A broad Environmental Program

Appointed Supreme Court justices William Rehnquist and Harry Blackmun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back