Obama announces $10 billion in trade deals with India

I don't understand why so many are celebrating and boasting about this. More American Jobs going thataway is nothing to celebrate. These Trade deals rarely work out well for American Citizens. I see nothing to boast about with this one.

How are jobs moving to India with this announcement?

Why should this Trade Deal be any different? More American Jobs will either go away or head thataway. Bet on it. :(

I don't understand why so many are celebrating and boasting about this. More American Jobs going thataway is nothing to celebrate. These Trade deals rarely work out well for American Citizens. I see nothing to boast about with this one.

Why should this Trade Deal be any different? More American Jobs will either go away or head thataway. Bet on it. :(

Because they are different. This isn't a Trade Deal. It's a contract between two private companies (not that the facts matter to you.)

So Boeing is going to start building 737s in India now?

Who knows? Why not? I never get too excited about these Trade Deals and i don't understand how so many can. These deals rarely work out well for American Citizens. So have your celebration but i wont be joining in.

To all the Republicans whining on why Obama would want to visit India.....

With almost a billion person market, why wouldn't the US want to open up trade possibilities?

India is a valuable ally

nice strawman, but then again, par for the course.

Who complained about his going to India?

I think we had a 17+ page thread on it

Your darling Michelle Bachmann, Rush Limbo and Hannity also bitched about the trip...still are

Are you people really that stupid? Do you honestly think that if India wanted C-17s and an Indian airline wanted 737s, they couldn't pick up the phone and call Boeing without the Idiot in Chief spending a fortune with a ridiculous entourage to supposedly broker the deal? Where is Hillary? Isn't this her job?

Who knows? Why not? I never get too excited about these Trade Deals and i don't understand how so many can. These deals rarely work out well for American Citizens. So have your celebration but i wont be joining in.

"Who knows?"

The wingnut theory that explains everything:cuckoo:

confused.jpg

You're right. A foreign company buying American products that are built in America is a bad thing.

Your darling Michelle Bachmann, Rush Limbo and Hannity also bitched about the trip...still are

Are you people really that stupid? Do you honestly think that if India wanted C-17s and an Indian airline wanted 737s, they couldn't pick up the phone and call Boeing without the Idiot in Chief spending a fortune with a ridiculous entourage to supposedly broker the deal? Where is Hillary? Isn't this her job?

Personally, I don't give a crap about the politics of the announcement. The fact remains that this is a nice order for American built goods and will mean more revenues for US companies and more jobs for American workers.

You're right. A foreign company buying American products that are built in America is a bad thing.

Seen that ole Song & Dance many times before. In the end,these Trade Deals rarely work out well for American Citizens. I'm pretty sure this one wont be any different. I really do hope you're right though and this deal works out well for Americans. I'm just not nearly as optimistic as some of you are.

Last edited:

Personally, I don't give a crap about the politics of the announcement. The fact remains that this is a nice order for American built goods and will mean more revenues for US companies and more jobs for American workers.

If you feel that way than you should be pissed about the Idiot In Chief stoping production of the F-22....... there are plenty of countries standing in line to buy billions of dollars worth of that aircraft but Barry and his merry Senate punks refused to sell to them.Our allies wanted to buy aircraft produced by thousands of American workers and they said no.

Last edited:

If you feel that way than you should be pissed about the Idiot In Chief stoping production of the F-22....... there are plenty of countries standing in line to buy billions of dollars worth of that aircraft but Barry and his merry Senate punks reused to sell to them.Our allies wanted to buy aircraft produced by thousands of American workers and they said no.

Wingnuts like the idea of selling our highest-tech weapons to nuclear armed nations, located in unstable regions of the world, that are at war with it's neighbors. It's the best way to export our technological know how.

But it's horrible to sell them an airliner:cuckoo:

To all the Republicans whining on why Obama would want to visit India.....

With almost a billion person market, why wouldn't the US want to open up trade possibilities?

India is a valuable ally

Kudo's to OL'BO if he pulls it off.

Seen that ole Song & Dance many times before. In the end,these Trade Deals rarely work out well for American Citizens. I'm pretty sure this one wont be any different. I really do hope you're right though and this deal works out well for Americans. I'm just not nearly as optimistic as some of you are.

It's optimism based on the facts, but if you want to continue your fantasy that Boeing is going to build jets in India because of this order, that's up to you.

Active Boeing orders - I guess all of these are going to be built in Russia, Ethiopia, etc.

It's optimism based on the facts, but if you want to continue your fantasy that Boeing is going to build jets in India because of this order, that's up to you.

Active Boeing orders - I guess all of these are going to be built in Russia, Ethiopia, etc.

I didn't say that. But now that you mention it. Hmm?

Yes.

Where was Hillary?

Barack Hussein wouldn't want to marginalize her in anticipation of a 2012 rival....would he??:eek:

If you feel that way than you should be pissed about the Idiot In Chief stoping production of the F-22....... there are plenty of countries standing in line to buy billions of dollars worth of that aircraft but Barry and his merry Senate punks reused to sell to them.Our allies wanted to buy aircraft produced by thousands of American workers and they said no.

Wingnuts like the idea of selling our highest-tech weapons to nuclear armed nations, located in unstable regions of the world, that are at war with it's neighbors. It's the best way to export our technological know how.

What an ass you constantly prove to be........ Selling Japan, Israel, Australia or India the older technology F-22s while we continue to rule the skies with the latest versions isn't a bad idea, it's been done for decades. Being the designers and builders of these aircraft, we are intimately knowledgeable of any shortcomings they have and could easily use that against them if there was ever a need to actually go up against them. Instead, ignorant fucks like you would rather that they buy Russia's latest technology........ they will buy something, not selling to them prevents nothing. India is currently using Russian built MIG29s, SU-30s and French Mirage 2000s along with the older MIG 21s........ you dimwitted fuck. Australia is using the FA-18 Super Hornet, they seem to be using this technology responsibly.

What an ass you constantly prove to be........ Selling Japan, Israel, Australia or India the older technology F-22s while we continue to rule the skies with the latest versions isn't a bad idea, it's been done for decades. Being the designers and builders of these aircraft, we are intimately knowledgeable of any shortcomings they have and could easily use that against them if there was ever a need to actually go up against them. Instead, ignorant fucks like you would rather that they buy Russia's latest technology........ they will buy something, not selling to them prevents nothing. India is currently using Russian built MIG29s, SU-30s and French Mirage 2000s along with the older MIG 21s........ you dimwitted fuck. Australia is using the FA-18 Super Hornet, they seem to be using this technology responsibly.

No, the ass is the one who thinks India, an unstable nation, armed with nukes, in an unstable region is comparable to some of our strongest allies. Japan Israel and Australia depend on us for their security.

India...not so much

Forum List

Back