Obama and the Company He Keeps

Save it clown....the word "dramatically" alters NOTHING about her statement....

The meaning is basically the same with or without it....exactly how proud she is is irrelevant....

You should have caught this one too.....

"dramatically" should be "REALLY"......but I was too lazy to edit it.....

Because there is little difference, and the writer knew it. As I know it and any sane person not a liberal hack knows it.

Gunny doesn't have the time to argue logically. He enjoys calling people dumbshit, moron and liberal looney.

Don't take his tirades too seriously. He just being what he is.:rolleyes:

He can parse the shit out of what Bush says, but if you try to do the same for a liberal/progressive, then it is evil and worthy of name calling.

The inherently dishonest omission from her quote does change the meaning.

Saying "For the first time in my life, I am proud . . . " implies that she was not proud until that moment and had never been proud before. That's why it gets left out. But it's not a thing anyone would intend to say in a campaign.

Saying "For the first time in my life, I am really proud . . . " does not have the same implication. It implies that her pride is stronger than before. That is exactly the kind of thing someone with her history would say in a campaign.

They are trying to make her sound like something she is not; that is un-Christian. Why do conservatives hate Jesus?

It alters the meaning somewhat, but I still pick up on a dislike for America. This comes in light of other statements Obama has made, such as the bitter people clinging to their faith and/or their guns.

Have you "broadened" your perspective on David Duke also ?

Maybe hes a nice guy if you ignore the fact he hates blacks...as Wright is a logical thinker that just believes the US government is trying to kill blacks with HIV.....

so...I take it that you did not read the two articles from The Christian Century. I really am not that surprised.

a few excellent articles from a great magazine entitled The Christian Century. When the April 22nd edition, which I got in the mail last week, gets posted online, I will link to a few other articles on this same subject:

http://www.christiancentury.org/article.lasso?id=4676

http://www.christiancentury.org/article.lasso?id=4678

I recommend then to anyone who wishes to broaden their perspective on Jeremiah Wright.

I realize full well that many on here have no desire to have their perspectives on that issue broadened and that is sad.

Interesting points of view from a man who obviously likes Rev Wright. However, I have some problems with Rev Wright, who bases his church on Black Liberation Theology. The founder of this theology, James Cone, has written a dearth of material, some of which is quoted here

James Cone defines the theology as thus:
"Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_liberation_theology

Does not sound like a unifying theory of peace, love and tolerance to me. If Obama subscribes to this theory as well, how can he possibly make a good president, since all of his decisions will be based upon the color of skin instead of the merits?

The inherently dishonest omission from her quote does change the meaning.

Saying "For the first time in my life, I am proud . . . " implies that she was not proud until that moment and had never been proud before. That's why it gets left out. But it's not a thing anyone would intend to say in a campaign.

Saying "For the first time in my life, I am really proud . . . " does not have the same implication. It implies that her pride is stronger than before. That is exactly the kind of thing someone with her history would say in a campaign.

They are trying to make her sound like something she is not; that is un-Christian. Why do conservatives hate Jesus?

Well...the quote is ..."for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country." ....
You make a distinction without a difference....its an small and unimportant matter anyway....

Why do conservatives hate Jesus?........

Is this some of the "projection" bullshit you've told us about....you get from a "a to 10" pretty fast....and I do mean "a to 10".....:cuckoo:

so...I take it that you did not read the two articles from The Christian Century. I really am not that surprised.

No maine....I don't need to read about Hitler to "broaden" my views on him, nor David Duke, nor the good Reverend Wright....nor do I need to read more about black liberations theology to know its filled with crap only lunatics could come up with...that only lunatics would sit in a pew and listen to for 20 years...and only lunatics would expose their children to....

and you are correct....I don't read The Christian Century ..... my fantasy reading leans more toward "The Hobbit" and such....

Why do conservatives hate Jesus?........

Is this some of the "projection" bullshit you've told us about....you get from a "a to 10" pretty fast....and I do mean "a to 10".....:cuckoo:

That's close. Missed it by one paragraph, which is really good for a conservative.
"The same old America-hating Left."

Does any serious person really believe that liberals hate America? It's that type of nasty invective that polarizes this country and poisons debate.

I can think of any number of conservative beliefs that reject basic American principles, but I only make such an accusation sarcastically, as a parody of absurd right-wing hate-speech.

There is a thing in psychology called "projection". It happens when a person who hates a trait in himself ascribes that trait to others. The things you say about other people reveal more about you, Kathianne, than it does about them.

That's close. Missed it by one paragraph, which is really good for a conservative.

Well well, do I detect a little "projection" here too....I think so.....

Seems we're going to be seeing alot of this....

Since you got it wrong, I guess I'll have to.

Durbin's remarks referred to the interrogations conducted by Americans, not troops. That term included the Central Intelligence Agency, which operated a holding and interrogation center at Guantánamo Bay.

So he didn't say troops, like you claimed.

Mr. Durbin....

"If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags or some mad regime — Pol Pot or others — that had no concern for human beings," Durbin said last week.
--------------------------------------------
Sure thing....The Nazies were responsible for 6,000,000 + deaths

Between 1930 and 1950....50,000,000+ people died in the Gulags of the Soviet Union.....

Pol Pot....Only about 3,000,000 died ...

So Durbin compares the guards treatment of terrorists at Gitmo with the people responsible for over 60 Million deaths of fellow human beings....RIGHT!

Durbin apologized due to the public outcry....
I wonder WHY....since "I" got it wrong....
bullshit Sonny.....think again.....

WASHINGTON — Sen. Dick Durbin (search) went to the Senate floor late Tuesday to offer his apologies to anyone who may have been offended by his comparison of treatment of detainees at the U.S. military base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to Nazis, Soviet gulags and Cambodia's Pol Pot.
"I am also sorry if anything I said cast a negative light on our fine men and women in the military. ... I never ever intended any disrespect for them.

No maine....I don't need to read about Hitler to "broaden" my views on him, nor David Duke, nor the good Reverend Wright....nor do I need to read more about black liberations theology to know its filled with crap only lunatics could come up with...that only lunatics would sit in a pew and listen to for 20 years...and only lunatics would expose their children to....

and you are correct....I don't read The Christian Century ..... my fantasy reading leans more toward "The Hobbit" and such....

you proved my point. thanks.

nor do I need to read more about black liberations theology to know its filled with crap only lunatics could come up with...

Without getting into Black Liberation Theology specifically, one should note that liberation theologies have been very big with the Catholic Church for years. In fact, they (or at least a denomination of the CC) may have invented the concept, and have used it in Latin America and Africa quite a bit.

I'm not doubting what he said, alpha. It's in the Congressional Record, which I cited for you.

I'm just saying that you blamed him for smearing the troops, but his actual quote could have been directed at the CIA (a civilian agency) instead of the troops (a military force).

Since the Army Field Manual has tighter restrictions, and the CIA follows their own rules, he was probably accusing them instead of the troops.

And now, School is out!

I'm not doubting what he said, alpha. It's in the Congressional Record, which I cited for you.

I'm just saying that you blamed him for smearing the troops, but his actual quote could have been directed at the CIA (a civilian agency) instead of the troops (a military force).

Since the Army Field Manual has tighter restrictions, and the CIA follows their own rules, he was probably accusing them instead of the troops.

And now, School is out!

You like to parse words when it suits you....coulda, woulda, shoulda.....how about bullshitta!
"describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control"...Durbin

"Americans (in Gitmo) that have prisoners in their control" are called GUARDS and those GUARDS are US Military Troops.....
Now you can spin, jump, hop and holler all you want...
YOU are DISMISSED, SONNY!

You like to parse words when it suits you....coulda, woulda, shoulda.....how about bullshitta!
"describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control"...Durbin

"Americans (in Gitmo) that have prisoners in their control" are called GUARDS and those GUARDS are US Military Troops.....
Now you can spin, jump, hop and holler all you want...
YOU are DISMISSED, SONNY!

CIA personnel in GITMO also had prisoners in their control. run away from that fact all you like.... you run away from ANYTHING that does not suit your preconceived notion of the world.

CIA personnel in GITMO also had prisoners in their control. run away from that fact all you like.... you run away from ANYTHING that does not suit your preconceived notion of the world.

Look at it this way, Shit4Brains1 and 2

--------------------------------------------
The Nazies were responsible for 6,000,000 + deaths

Between 1930 and 1950....50,000,000+ people died in the Gulags of the Soviet Union.....

Pol Pot....Only about 3,000,000 died ...

If this Dimocratic Asshole, Durbin, compares the actions of US Troops, FBI agents, CIA spooks, or the fuckin Girl Scouts of America to those of the Nazis, PolPot or the Russian Gulag he is a fuckin' anti-American traitor.....

NO AMERICAN COULD BE COMPARED TO THOSE that are responsible for the deaths of over 60,000,000 people....
Not by any stretch....get it .....Being members of the JackAss Party makes me doubt you all do get it....you keep defending the indefensible .....
Thats worst than just being a stupid hack....

And now, School is out!

And yet he apologized for smearing the troops............

Forum List

Back