Obama and McCain Debate: Round 2

Defending Kerry the same way I am defending McCain. Swiftboat was disgraceful. As a Republican, I am ashamed of everything that Karl Rove has masterminded.

He's the reason why all this swiftboat shit happened in the first place. (Rove)

I just hate it how many times Republicans act like they are the only one who serve their country. When that just isn't true.

so he had to go take a piss Crimson? and did you use the term gook to be funny?

Perhaps he is unable to stand as long as Obama. He does fell a hell of a lot of pain.

As for the use of the word gook, I am unapologetic about this description of enemy combatants that made their living beating the shit out of American GI's in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Perhaps he is unable to stand as long as Obama. He does fell a hell of a lot of pain.

As for the use of the word gook, I am unapologetic about this description of enemy combatants that made their living beating the shit out of American GI's in violation of the Geneva Convention.

And how would you then describe the Americans in Guantanamo Bay that make their living beating the shit out of people who are supposedly America's enemies in violation of the Geneva Convention through ways of torture?

And lets not give the bullshit explaination if you support that in belief that "It's not in America so therefore it's not in violation."

I won't abandon my principles due to the indiscretions of one man and hs administration. My Republican principles haven't changed.

See I dont buy into the party thing, I'm actually registered republican but thats out of laziness, I'm an independent that has voted Republican and Dem and I will always vote for people not parties. I have some conservative views but not enough to go for Mccain.

I get a little touchy about Vietnam Vets. My Dad's stories of being spit on resonate every time someone insults this man. I don't agree wth all of his politics and after the debate tonight, I probably won't vote for him, but I'll be damned if I'll ever insult him, or stop getting pissed when someone else does as well.

CW, my dad was a tailgunner on B52s during Vietnam, and we lived on/near bases. I remember not only my dad being spit on, but we kids got spit on (and worse) as well. My kids are combat vets, too. I respect McCain's service and his time as a POW.

I'd get pissed off if somebody insulted his service. But I'll never believe that his service should shield him from the criticism he so richly deserves - especially for his abominable failures to help his fellow vets.

And as for "abandoning principles" - I keep my principles, standards and morals intact no matter for what candidate I vote. I didn't go from All-American Apple Pie Mom to a terrorist-loving slut because I now am a Dem.

Last edited:
And how would you then describe the Americans in Guantanamo Bay that make their living beating the shit out of people who are supposedly America's enemies in violation of the Geneva Convention through ways of torture?

And lets not give the bullshit explaination if you support that in belief that "It's not in America so therefore it's not in violation."

Not even pertinent to the discussion, but I am sure that those in Guantanamo have a name for us as well. I believe it is "infidel."

Doe that mean only 1% was alcohol induced?

More of us should have chosen 'my friends'...

-Joe

See, if I were a gambling man I would of been rich on the over/under for "my friends".

I wish someone would take the terms to have a little bing sound with a counter for everytime McCain said that. "My friends" was spoken least twenty times.

Not even pertinent to the discussion, but I am sure that those in Guantanamo have a name for us as well. I believe it is "infidel."

Certainly pertinent to the discussion since the Republican party principles is to torture them.

That's why McCain doesn't talk about that and illegal immigration. Because he supports Amnesty for the Illegal immigrants, if alot of McCain's supporters realized that then I think the supporters would be ex-supporters.

CW, my dad was a tailgunner on B52s during Vietnam, and we lived on/near bases. I remember not only my dad being spit on, but we kids got spit on (and worse) as well. My kids are combat vets, too. I respect McCain's service and his time as a POW.

I'd get pissed off if somebody insulted his service. But I'll never believe that his service should shield him from the criticism he so richly deserves - especially for his abominable failures to help his fellow vets.

I have no problem with critcizing him politically. I have a problem with pettiness. Such as "Obama stayed longer than McCain, what is McCain's problem?" Or "he probably left because his diaper was full." That is a disrespect that is uncalled for Especially because of the reason he stays in a perpetual state of pain.

I have no problem with critcizing him politically. I have a problem with pettiness. Such as "Obama stayed longer than McCain, what is McCain's problem?" Or "he probably left because his diaper was full." That is a disrespect that is uncalled for Especially because of the reason he stays in a perpetual state of pain.

Well I would certainly like to know why McCain left as soon as the debate was over. I understand if you have to go to the bathroom, but not even come back?

I'm not a expert in military and dont talk much about it because I'm not as educated as some of the folks on this board like Navy and others but it seems like Obama's answer on attacking terrorism at the root in Afghanistan makes more sense than Mccain always trying to prove he was right about the surge and not giving us specifics on what he will do because its secret. I feel like he talks down to us as we should just trust him because he is an ex pow instead of telling us with conviction how he will attack the "REAL" terrorists.

As an Obama supporter I want to say that I disagree with irrelevant insults directed at either candidate. I do think John McCain deserves a certain amount of personal respect due to his service. However, I think sometimes, his service is placed on an overly high pedastal in the sense that those who died in service did not sacrifice any less than John McCain, they just don't have a physical presence to remind us of our soldiers who sacrifice. I will treat John McCain with a certain amount of dignity. His polices, and his statements made in the political forum, are open game. They are unrelated to his service and are a choice he makes in becoming a public figure. I do not think he should use his service as a political tool as much as he does, but he earned his status and so it is his to choose to hold as sacred or profane.

That being said, I have a cousin who is really more like a brother to me that I often talk politics with. This cousin is retired from the military and attended West Point. For years, he has held McCain in the highest respect and indeed, Bush lost his support completely when he ran the diry primary campaign in 2000. The republicans in general, except for McCain who did the right thing and called it dishonorable, lost his respect when they did not speak out in harshest terms against the swift-boating of John Kerry which he felt were disgraceful and insulting to anyone who ever won a bronze star or purple heart. He thought McCain might be his guy this year, but to be honest, he was bothered by McCain's willingness to endorse Bush and "buddy" up to him since the 2000 smear campaign. He felt McCain was allowing his ambition to compromise his values a little. And throughout this campaign year, he has slowly come to the decision that though he cannot ever disregard or disrespect McCain's service or sacrifice, he does not believe McCain has demonstrated the character or leadership he was hoping for, and furthermore, is supporting policies that are not in the best interest of the country, but rather ideologically driven. He is disappointed and has stated flatly that he will not vote for McCain. Whether he will vote for Obama he has not yet decided.

I think, in many ways this reflects my perception on McCain. I respect his past, but it in no way makes me feel he is more appropriate to lead this country. And though I fundamentally disagree with him and think he has made some poor decisions as a politician, I would be disappointed to see other progressives insulting him personally. Just as I am disappointed seeing a man with honor in his service record, be so dishonorable as to attack a rival with this nonsensical William Ayers stuff.

Forum List

Back