Obama aide promotes job plan, warns automakers

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By JIM KUHNHENN, Associated Press Writers Jim Kuhnhenn, Associated Press Writers – Sun Nov 23,

WASHINGTON – After more than two weeks of virtual silence on the economy, President-elect Barack Obama's transition team burst on the scene with new ambition and urgency Sunday, demanding swift passage by Congress of a massive two-year spending and tax-cutting recovery program.

Obama aides called on lawmakers to pass, by the Jan. 20 inauguration, legislation that meets Obama's two-year goal of saving or creating 2.5 million jobs. Democratic congressional leaders said they would get to work when Congress convenes Jan. 6.

Though Obama aides declined to discuss a total cost, it probably would far exceed the $175 billion he proposed during the campaign, but would not immediately seek to raise taxes on the rich.

more ... Obama aide promotes job plan, warns automakers - Yahoo! News

There's one campaign promise down the toilet.:lol:

more ... Obama aide promotes job plan, warns automakers - Yahoo! News

There's one campaign promise down the toilet.:lol:

Well, I read the whole article and I'm none the wiser. Where's the money going to come from? If he doesn't raise taxes until 2011 the gap will be immense.

I admire his rhetoric and many of his ideas, but this lack of clarity on funding bugs me. On the other hand such has always been the way with politics, more's the pity.

Well, I read the whole article and I'm none the wiser. Where's the money going to come from? If he doesn't raise taxes until 2011 the gap will be immense.

I admire his rhetoric and many of his ideas, but this lack of clarity on funding bugs me. On the other hand such has always been the way with politics, more's the pity.

but he's smooth-----if he had said all that nothing with a few malapropisms thrown in everyone would be horribly offended. :lol:

Forum List

Back