Obama Admin Claims Zika Funds Are Low, Yet There’s Plenty in Unappropriated Health Funds

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
It always amazes me how we don't have enough money for senior citizen's to get a cost of living increase on Social Security, not enough money to help veterans, not enough money to secure the border, and not enough money to combat the Zika virus, but we have enough money to give billions to other countries and billions to fund Muslim economic refugees.

And we have billions in unappropriated funds just sitting there. I guess spending on the safety of the American people isn't a good enough reason. Obama has more important causes in mind, like funding the relocation and care of Muslim refugees that he wants seeded across the country.

"In the wake of the Obama administration's warnings that funding to fight the Zika virus is quickly depleting, GOP Sens. Chuck Grassley of Iowa and James Lankford of Oklahoma questioned why billions in unappropriated Health and Human Services (HHS) funds have not been used towards the cause.

In a letter written to HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell Friday and released to the press Monday, the lawmakers asked why the administration has also been slow on distributing the $589 million - $510 million of which was originally intended for Ebola and was approved to be repurposed to fight the mosquito-borne virus.

According to the senators, as of July, just $112 million of the $589 million has been distributed despite the increase in cases seen in the United States.

Grassley and Lankford noted the secretary of State has the power to "reprogram any current fiscal year bilateral economic aide" to respond to the crisis."

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/29/obama-admin-claims-zika-funds-are-low-yet-theres-billions-in-unappropriated-health-funds/#ixzz4JFpzAWHv

Last edited:
I cannot see why there is even a fight over this. In Florida even the Republicans are pissed that Republicans decided to politicize this issue.

Forum List

Back