"O-Care Premiums to Skyrocket"?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

O-Care premiums to skyrocket | TheHill

Health industry officials say ObamaCare-related premiums will double in some parts of the country, countering claims recently made by the administration.

The expected rate hikes will be announced in the coming months amid an intense election year, when control of the Senate is up for grabs. The sticker shock would likely bolster the GOP’s prospects in November and hamper ObamaCare insurance enrollment efforts in 2015.

The industry complaints come less than a week after Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius sought to downplay concerns about rising premiums in the healthcare sector. She told lawmakers rates would increase in 2015 but grow more slowly than in the past.

“The increases are far less significant than what they were prior to the Affordable Care Act,” the secretary said in testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee.

Her comment baffled insurance officials, who said it runs counter to the industry’s consensus about next year.

“It’s pretty shortsighted because I think everybody knows that the way the exchange has rolled out … is going to lead to higher costs,” said one senior insurance executive who requested anonymity.

Here we go.

We'll see, huh?

Last edited:
it is not entirely the business model driving up the cost of HC.

As long as HC continues to get better and more technologically complex , too, the aggregate cost of HC (thus YOUR premiums) will continue to rise.

I don't tell you this as some apology for ACA, since I have never thought ACA was a good idea.

I merely point this out because some of you actually care about the facts more than your silly partisan egos.

In your grandfathers day, Dhealth care professionals used to be the poorest paid professions in America.

Now?

Well now that medicine actually works, the cost is rising because you know

WhatEVER the market will bear.

As long as HC continues to get better and more technologically complex , too, the aggregate cost of HC (thus YOUR premiums) will continue to rise.

I don't tell you this as some apology for ACA, since I have never thought ACA was a good idea.

I merely point this out because some of you actually care about the facts more than your silly partisan egos.

In your grandfathers day, Dhealth care professionals used to be the poorest paid professions in America.

Now?

The market wouldn't bear doubling of premiums if the government wasn't there forcing people to buy insurance to cover things they neither need or want. That makes your post an outright defense of Obamacare despite your attempt to blame it on the market.

Now?

The market wouldn't bear doubling of premiums if the government wasn't there forcing people to buy insurance to cover things they neither need or want. That makes your post an outright defense of Obamacare despite your attempt to blame it on the market.
The business networks are quoting "undisclosed sources" which could be Republican misinformation as tripling of rates in blue and purple states. If this is true and it is allowable payback under the agreement with the insurance companies then Obama will pay a huge price for fiddliing with the individual mandate.

Ahh the final death throes of a dying market. We will miss you gross inefficiency.

Have you sought out professional help for your inability to comprehend cause and effect?

Inelastic market has runaway costs. Government steps in and mandates inelasticity. Inelasticity and runaway costs remain.

Is that supposed to make sense? Free markets are not inelastic, in fact, they are exactly the opposite of inelastic.

Have you sought out professional help for your inability to comprehend cause and effect?

Inelastic market has runaway costs. Government steps in and mandates inelasticity. Inelasticity and runaway costs remain.

Is that supposed to make sense? Free markets are not inelastic, in fact, they are exactly the opposite of inelastic.

:lol:

Demand for health insurance is relatively inelastic for a lot of reasons. Once people have insurance their demand for services is inelastic.

The market is inherently bad at controlling costs even before Obamacare. Obamacare basically confirmed the inelasticity that was already present.

Meanwhile you are going to the old conservitard standby, cry "free market" and derp away.

Last edited:

Demand for health insurance is relatively inelastic for a lot of reasons. Once people have insurance their demand for services is inelastic.

The market is inherently bad at controlling costs even before Obamacare. Obamacare basically confirmed the inelasticity that was already present.

Meanwhile you are going to the old conservitard standby, cry "free market" and derp away.

I see your problem, you think you can think.

The government highly regulated the market for health care, which created a market for insurance for routine medical expenses. This led to people using other people's money for things that would be much less expensive if they paid for them out of pocket, and you blame all of this on an economic concept you think is evil.

The government highly regulated the market for health care, which created a market for insurance for routine medical expenses. This led to people using other people's money for things that would be much less expensive if they paid for them out of pocket, and you blame all of this on an economic concept you think is evil.

You live in lala land and are hopeless.

You live in lala land and are hopeless.

Stop arguing with the man in the mirror, you can't win.

Forum List

Back