NYT's breaking news re Taliban top man captured!

I am actually thinking he will go through the pakistan law system, whatever that is. reports say the ISI led the operation with the cia only helping.

The ISI has determined that Badar is expendable. They are the organization protecting Osama Bin Laden.....and if Badar goes through the Paki law system he'll basically go free in a few months.

are you saying he is expendable because they caught him or is there a report somewhere saying they are handing him over?

Intelligence Agencies rarely give up people who they deem still useful. Remember the ISI is the creator of the Taliban. If they gave him up they "no longer require his services".

Ok. A couple of related thoughts.

1. The President gets some deserved credit here, for it is happening on his watch and the operations are coming under his term as Commander in Chief. Our ongoing presence in Afghanistan is also a decision the President has made and in fact ramped up. I'd certainly assign blame to the man if because of his policies we were fucking up some important military possibilities (assuming we learned of them). So it seems at least fair to grant him his props when because of some choices he has made, we have some GOOD news.

2. As to how important this one is and what we ought to do with Baradar, let me put it in the form of a hypothetical:

If we had the chance TONIGHT to either capture Osama bin Laden alive OR to kill him summarily on sight, I would opt for the capture. Personally, I'd LOVE to extract from him every damn scrap of military intel we could scrape from his hide. Killing him would NOT (imho) put an end to al qaeda or Islamo-jihadist terrorism. So just outright killing the bastard would NOT serve our longer term interests. It would be far more fruitful to get as much intel out of bin Laden as we possibly could (waterboarding, chemical infusions into his diseased bloodstream, whatever).

I mention this because it seems to me that the value of Baradar is NOT in offing the fucking pigdog. The value in his capture also lies in the information we might be able to extract from his worthless hide.

actually, obama personally cuffed him and stuffed him.

Then he flew back home.

$obama-superman-transform-alex-ross.jpg

an important thing here is that it shows the isi is finally sharing intel with us

an important thing here is that it shows the isi is finally sharing intel with us

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...they're sharing what they want to share.....nothing more....nothing less. They know exactly where Bin laden is.

Ok. A couple of related thoughts.

1. The President gets some deserved credit here, for it is happening on his watch and the operations are coming under his term as Commander in Chief. Our ongoing presence in Afghanistan is also a decision the President has made and in fact ramped up. I'd certainly assign blame to the man if because of his policies we were fucking up some important military possibilities (assuming we learned of them). So it seems at least fair to grant him his props when because of some choices he has made, we have some GOOD news.

2. As to how important this one is and what we ought to do with Baradar, let me put it in the form of a hypothetical:

If we had the chance TONIGHT to either capture Osama bin Laden alive OR to kill him summarily on sight, I would opt for the capture. Personally, I'd LOVE to extract from him every damn scrap of military intel we could scrape from his hide. Killing him would NOT (imho) put an end to al qaeda or Islamo-jihadist terrorism. So just outright killing the bastard would NOT serve our longer term interests. It would be far more fruitful to get as much intel out of bin Laden as we possibly could (waterboarding, chemical infusions into his diseased bloodstream, whatever).

I mention this because it seems to me that the value of Baradar is NOT in offing the fucking pigdog. The value in his capture also lies in the information we might be able to extract from his worthless hide.

Well let me explain something to you. First of all if Baradar knows where Bin laden is then Bin laden knows Baradar has been captured. What does this mean? It means Bin laden has already abandoned every single location that Baradar knew about. These guys aren't idiots no matter what Joe Biden says on the Sunday morning talk show circuit. They aren't on the run, holed up in isolated enclaves. They are STILL a very dangerous operational terrorist group bent on attacking the USA. Bin laden will more than likely kill himself before being captured. He reportedly wears a suicide vest 24/7.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...they're sharing what they want to share.....nothing more....nothing less. They know exactly where Bin laden is.

which is more than the 0 info before...

Not true....they've been cooperating for quite some time under Musharaff and now this new idiot they have in office.

for those trying to google information his last name is spelled: Baradar

great story though. will be interesting to see what we do with him

interrogate the camel jockey enhancivatitly. maybe he is the one who killed JFK.

Are you Don King? Your magnormous pompestuity is entirely too irreprocacious! Therefore I say monetize it.

The NY Times is reporting in a breaking news release that somewhere in Karachi the Taliban's top guy has been captured (possibly a day or three ago).

The "top Taliban military commander," Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar is in our hands!

Bravo to our forces and kudos to President Obama!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Mullah Muhammad Omar is the Taliban's top guy.

The NY Times is reporting in a breaking news release that somewhere in Karachi the Taliban's top guy has been captured (possibly a day or three ago).

The "top Taliban military commander," Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar is in our hands!

thats in Afghanistan, not Pakistan
hint: Karachi is in Pakistan

Now let's put him through our court system! hahah jk.

The recently started offensive has proven to be a good move.

thats in Afghanistan, not Pakistan
hint: Karachi is in Pakistan

So, what happens when Mullah Muhammad Omar goes into Pakistan, does Baradar get a demotion?

Forum List

Back