NYT's breaking news re Taliban top man captured!

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
The NY Times is reporting in a breaking news release that somewhere in Karachi the Taliban's top guy has been captured (possibly a day or three ago).

The "top Taliban military commander," Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar is in our hands!

Bravo to our forces and kudos to President Obama!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
I thought catching em just pissed them off and was good for recruiting. I guess that was a couple of years ago tho.:eusa_whistle:

for those trying to google information his last name is spelled: Baradar

great story though. will be interesting to see what we do with him

the report I am reading said both usa and pakistan intel officers have been investigating him since captured which was either the 11th or before, but the NYT was asked to wait to release the story a couple days.

They'll probably bring him here, mirandize him without telling the Republicans, try him in a strip club on 42nd Street for all of the U.N Afghan mission's unpaid parking tickets from the 90's.

reports say he was second in charge of taliban only behind the founder and that he was a very close ally of bin laden leading up to 9/11

They'll probably bring him here, mirandize him without telling the Republicans, try him in a strip club on 42nd Street for all of the U.N Afghan mission's unpaid parking tickets from the 90's.

I am actually thinking he will go through the pakistan law system, whatever that is. reports say the ISI led the operation with the cia only helping.

I am actually thinking he will go through the pakistan law system, whatever that is. reports say the ISI led the operation with the cia only helping.

The ISI has determined that Badar is expendable. They are the organization protecting Osama Bin Laden.....and if Badar goes through the Paki law system he'll basically go free in a few months.

I thought catching em just pissed them off and was good for recruiting. I guess that was a couple of years ago tho.:eusa_whistle:

Way to show what a partisan hack you are. ;)
I think I would rather have him in custody, for nothing pleases the Taliban.

The ISI has determined that Badar is expendable. They are the organization protecting Osama Bin Laden.....and if Badar goes through the Paki law system he'll basically go free in a few months.

are you saying he is expendable because they caught him or is there a report somewhere saying they are handing him over?

Forum List

Back