NYT clears Romney: No Evidence Romney lied

yes, he was the CEO, the President, the sole shareholder....but he had no decision making authority and no role in the business.

In related news, pigs have wings and regularly fly. And I'm sure his tax returns have nothing to show, nothing at all. By the way, why is he so ashamed of what the company did in his name?

Who says he's ashamed?

well, he's sure working awfully damn hard to distance himself from any decisions made by said firm after 1999. I'm sure it's out of principle, right? All principle.

yes, he was the CEO, the President, the sole shareholder....but he had no decision making authority and no role in the business.

In related news, pigs have wings and regularly fly. And I'm sure his tax returns have nothing to show, nothing at all. By the way, why is he so ashamed of what the company did in his name?

Is it too late to switch back to Santorum or Gingrich?

Obama lied. -- CNN

Obama lied -- WaPost

Obama's a liar -- NYTimes

Romney's a liar -- The general public.

Buy hey, if a CNN editorialist with a vested interest in Bain says it's true, it must be true!

Romney's tax returns blah blah blah is all I see! Stupid no count fcks Thule its hasn't looked? Mitts squeaky clean and has been planning on running only a retard would think he's dirty. On the other hand the hand picked NWO Marxist truly deserves a traitors fate wake up bitch@8537

NYTimes: "Indeed, no evidence has yet emerged that Mr. Romney exercised his powers at Bain after February 1999 or directed the funds’ investments after he left..."

Actually, that's a false statement. SEC documents and articles of incorporation do exist. Plus the fact that Romney swore to elections officials in MA that he regularly traveled back to Boston for business.

SO, the NY Times... lied, to help Romney?

Really? You want to go that way, Sparky?
Well the CON$ervoFascists don't call it the N Y Slimes because it tells the truth.

Or are you admitting that the CON$ervoFascists call it the N Y Slimes because it DOES tell the truth?

Actually, that's a false statement. SEC documents and articles of incorporation do exist. Plus the fact that Romney swore to elections officials in MA that he regularly traveled back to Boston for business.

Well the CON$ervoFascists don't call it the N Y Slimes because it tells the truth.

Or are you admitting that the CON$ervoFascists call it the N Y Slimes because it DOES tell the truth?

I just find it amusing that the left only thinks the NY Times lies when it says something they don't like.

Who says he's ashamed?

well, he's sure working awfully damn hard to distance himself from any decisions made by said firm after 1999. I'm sure it's out of principle, right? All principle.

Your idea of "working hard" is really pathetic...

So you believe it's the NY Slimes now?

My, how times are changing...

Obama is one of the top 5 worst presidents ever elected. Constitution, what constitution? Borders, what borders? He does whatever the fuck he wants, but yet you people have to go after Romney for little shit like what he may or may not of done. You think that Obama can do no wrong. Did he have the power to give a million illegals a free pass? Did he break the law by giving guns to the cartels? What is he trying to hide! O'yes we're just evil republicans for wanting to use the system to find out. Did you forget it is our job to hold our government to the laws? Checks and balances are a bitch when you have a agenda.

None of this is to harm Obama within your eyes. BUT EVERYTHING IS EVIL if it is done by Romney. Romney is disqualified in your eyes if he so much as spins a little....

Again, our nation and its laws are more important than an agenda. You people want so bad to shield your guy from criticism that you're willing to throw our entire legal system into the trash. Am I saying to ignore what Romney did in the past? Hell, no. In fact if he really did anything illegal then he should be punished to the full extent of the law. But if you think some of the things Obama has done are legal then I got beach front property in St.lous to sell you. Don't ever bash George W Bush again if you turn your back on Obama, just because he's your GUY.

Last edited:
Who says he's ashamed?

So he's not trying to distance himself from Bain post 1999? Then why not just say he was technically in charge and the largest shareholder, that he flew back for meetings etc...

Oh, right - he won't do that because he's working hard to avoid being associated with the outsourcing pioneers.

So he's not trying to distance himself from Bain post 1999? Then why not just say he was technically in charge and the largest shareholder, that he flew back for meetings etc...

Oh, right - he won't do that because he's working hard to avoid being associated with the outsourcing pioneers.

I think he should(must) come out with all his records as it's now a real issue, but you better believe that Obama should be held to the same standards. Do you agree? Outsourcing, you mean like every president of the past 40 years???? Romney surely stinks, but this election is about who stinks more! Two globalist are our choices. Isn't democracy grand!

Last edited:

Bainthers....:lol:

Romney is out there campaigning... He spent about 5 minutes laughing at your "accusations"...

So what's the next fauxtrage?

Bainthers....:lol:

Romney is out there campaigning... He spent about 5 minutes laughing at your "accusations"...

So what's the next fauxtrage?

"The next"? The dominant news story for the past five days has been Bain. If he continues to hide his previous tax returns, that will dominate news for the next five days. He could just come clean and get it behind him if there was nothing to hide....

IF there was nothing to hide....

I think he should(must) come out with all his records as it is now a real issue, but you better believe that Obama should be held to the same standards.

Which Obama tax return do you want to see? I'm sure he'll release it.

But where it comes to outsourcing and how they both agree, I'm not disagreeing. I agree! that's what makes the Romney argument that much harder to swallow.

NYTimes: "Indeed, no evidence has yet emerged that Mr. Romney exercised his powers at Bain after February 1999 or directed the funds’ investments after he left..."

Yes, you have so much credibility...

Not like the Slimes has much more than you, but they have a building and everything, so....

So someone who has no active role is signing SEC documents, which makes him responsible for the claims made within. Hell, signing the documents in the first place is an active role. Are you really this fucking stupid?

NYT did not clear Romney,only Romney can clear Romney. you are taking one line out of context from a NYT artickle. did you also read where they said there were legal papers that lissted Romney as the CEO.

My question, are GOPers setting up Democrats for another AWOL Bushgate?

Last edited:
You know the USMB Right Wing Nut Brigade is desperate when they are clinging to half of a sentence from the New York Times to keep them from falling off the cliff.

Is it too late to switch back to Santorum or Gingrich?

Obama lied. -- CNN

Obama lied -- WaPost

Obama's a liar -- NYTimes

And here's more that say Obama's a liar.:D Obama the Liar in Chief. Has a nice ring to it.

The (Minneapolis) Star Tribune fact checker wrote: "But the weight of evidence suggests that Romney did in fact end active management of Bain in 1999. He stated that in a federal disclosure form he signed, under threat of criminal penalties. He said he was a 'former employee' in a state disclosure form.

:eusa_whistle: A state commission concluded 10 years ago that he did, indeed, leave Bain in 1999. And investors were told he was not part of the management team."

AND

" The Columbia Journalism Review rapped the Obama campaign for an anti-Romney ad that "distorts the facts in a Washington Post story to implicate Mitt Romney in outsourcing by firms that received funds from Bain Capital."

AND

" The Des Moines Register'sJennifer Jacobs noted: "Independent fact checkers have debunked President Barack Obama's previous allegations that Mitt Romney was responsible for outsourcing jobs, but the Democrat will soon air his third TV ad in Iowa going after his Republican rival on the same claim."

AND this round up of fact checkers is brought to us by none other than the Chicago Tribune.

Beyond human error on Romney, Bain
Pinocchio has nothing on Obama campaign

Obama campaign's lies about Romney and Bain are beyond human error - chicagotribune.com

I think he should(must) come out with all his records as it is now a real issue, but you better believe that Obama should be held to the same standards.

Which Obama tax return do you want to see? I'm sure he'll release it.

But where it comes to outsourcing and how they both agree, I'm not disagreeing. I agree! that's what makes the Romney argument that much harder to swallow.

Mitt Romney handed 23 years of tax returns over to the McCain campaign when he was being vetted for VP.

Why is Mitt Romney willing to disclose more information to the people interviewing him for the vice president job than he is the people interviewing him for the job of POTUS?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back